Blue Island, IL

Anyone have any insight on what I've heard they call the "black hole" of the shipping process?

Blue island, Il - BNSF junction point

My truck seems to have been sitting here for over a week without progress. Anyone else in same boat?

Edited by pnwskibum

I don't have any info specific to the junction point, but the rail system is pretty clogged up and getting worse.  I've read a couple articles this week that both Union Pacific and BNSF are asking thier customers to 'reduce the number of rail cars in inventory' or on April 18th they will start 'metering' the amount of traffic.  I take that industry speak to mean if customers don't reduce the amount of cars they are using, then the rail carriers will do it for them.

• Like 1

I find this kind of funny, I drive past the UP yard in West Chicago IL frequently, they unload railcars on both sides of the tracks, but need to transport them to the south side to load on to the truck carriers.  For some reason, they must not trust their "yard jockeys", since when they drive the vehicles over a bridge to the south lot, they use security cars and block the road exit, like these guys are going to drive off with a new car,,,,,,,

HRG

UP WC yard.JPG

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Once a vehicle arrives at a rail yard, isn't then up to a truck transport company to get it to the dealer? 

Yes, once it gets to it's final rail yard it would go via truck transport to the dealer.  The rail car may have to go through several hubs or junction points before it reaches it's final destination.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pnwskibum said:

Anyone have any insight on what I've heard they call the "black hole" of the shipping process?

Blue island, Il - BNSF junction point

My truck seems to have been sitting here for over a week without progress. Anyone else in same boat?

Mine has been there for the same amount of time 4/5/22 arrived. The tracking says it will clear  Illinois 4/22 but the clear date seems to move every time I check it.

Edited by NM04Ford

1 hour ago, pnwskibum said:

@NM04Ford Ah gotcha - what tracker are you checking? Ford marketing told me this morning it won't move until the 26th - find that odd. Wonder why they sit there for so long.

Mines due here in NM between 4/21-4/27 but have my doubts. The CSX tracking information I found here on the forum. Hopefully this link works.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NM04Ford said:

Mines due here in NM between 4/21-4/27 but have my doubts. The CSX tracking information I found here on the forum. Hopefully this link works.

Yeah I’m up in WA my eta is April 26th at the earliest. Doubt that will happen . We shall see 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pnwskibum said:

Yeah I’m up in WA my eta is April 26th at the earliest. Doubt that will happen . We shall see 

My Salesman has told me he has had a few trucks show up at the dealership unexpectedly but show on tracking still in Illinois.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 8:28 PM, NM04Ford said:

My Salesman has told me he has had a few trucks show up at the dealership unexpectedly but show on tracking still in Illinois.  

I’m also waiting for my truck to arrive in the NW. first ETA was 4/26 then bumped to 5/4. Tracking shows it in Blue Island, IL on 4/21 but nothing else. 

16 minutes ago, tcritch3 said:

My tracker worked all the way across the country. I enjoyed see what towns it just passed through as I would call every hour at least. The tracking process was exhausting...glad it's over for me!

My truck is at dealer and the csx tracking line still says it's in Blue Island! lol

• Haha 1