Maverick ST?

2 hours ago, akirby said:

No brainer.  Sport suspension and tires.  Corsair 2.3L EB drivetrain. $10k markup.

Absolutely, the drivetrain already exists but has never been extended to the other C2s like Escape ST or Bronco Sport ST. Mavrick ST makes perfect sense and may give reason to extend the ST to other vehicles…

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Absolutely, the drivetrain already exists but has never been extended to the other C2s like Escape ST or Bronco Sport ST. Mavrick ST makes perfect sense and may give reason to extend the ST to other vehicles…

AWD only though or it doesn't make much sense. The advantages of the truck body would be lost otherwise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

"Sport" is a appearance package on Ford trucks.

I'm guessing it will be Tremor or some other yet to be determined name plate. 

But it was a performance trim on Edge, Fusion and Explorer at one time.  Although edge and Explorer switched to ST.

I was thinking we'd see a Rattler name on the Maverick at some point too, as since that's a lesser package than even Tremor, it could live up to that "lesser" name.   Part of me thought they could put the Rattler name on this, but not sure if it'd fit with what look like some relatively lower profile tires.

• 3 weeks later...

I do think offering more power will sell, however from the picture if it has no 4k towing and a loss of ground clearance, the truck usefulness is gone.

Even the standard AWD Maverick needs mechanical upgrades that the ST should include. That would be a select shift transmission, twin clutch rear diff, and a minimum 2.3 310hp/350 lbft engine. The Santa Cruz already has 281hp/311 lbft on 87 octane. From what I've seen this 2.3 engine on 87 has 275-280 hp, 320 lbft , so anything less than this top 2.3 would be a disappointment. On a side note, a lot of Ford engines have hp/torque ratings using 91-93

octane fuel, yet in the owners manual say designed to operate on regular unleaded with 87 octane, but frustratingly do not supply hp/torque figures on that 87 octane.

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

I'd like to see a Maverick Timberline edition.

Oh I'm sure that's coming. It's inevitable that Ford would apply the Timberline to the Maverick after success of Explorer and Expedition. There was an insider here that did mention some time ago that the Maverick was going to get a Timberline. I do think I remember him saying it would be available for the 2023 model year.

Edited: It could be possible the ST would be applied for the Maverick. I'm sure that if they do, there would also be the sporty ST-Line trim as well. I agree with some others that there could/should be the Rattler trim as well as a step up above the FX4 package.

Edited by pffan1990