Price Protection

ShelbyKR

I can’t say if it is normal or not, but my dealer is doing it when I sign the papers. I went in talked to them because mine is built and getting ready to ship and I wanted to start getting financials in order. The sales guy was upfront and said I was price protected at the price the truck was when I ordered it. I did not even have to ask about the price protection.

• Like 2

My impression was that if your order was made under the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program, I believe) it would be invoiced to the dealer at the price in effect when the order was placed and not at an increased price.  If that is correct, there should be no higher upfront price to need reimbursement for. 

22 minutes ago, doyall said:

My impression was that if your order was made under the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program, I believe) it would be invoiced to the dealer at the price in effect when the order was placed and not at an increased price.  If that is correct, there should be no higher upfront price to need reimbursement for. 

It’s always invoiced at the current price.  Dealer has to apply for reimbursement.

• Thanks 1

Mine tried to do this also.  Luckily I had a signed offer by the same sales manager.  I don't care what kind of deal they have with Ford, I had a signed deal with them and they ended up honoring it.  Of course, I probably still got hosed on the extended warranty but that is for another post.  ?

• Like 3