Fordpass Rewards Points

ArtieT

I just took delivery of my new truck. Got Fordpass all setup and linked - even added my wife's Edge.  The app still shows no points.  How long until the points for new vehicle purchase show up?  Sorry if this post is repetitive - I searched around and couldn't find anything.  TIA!!! 

Picked up my F250 about 3 weeks ago and asked the sales guy the same question as I wanted to use Ford Pass Points for some accessories. Sales guy said a couple of weeks, which was kind of a downer (get new truck, anxious to outfit it). Happily the points were posted in 2-3 days. BTW, from Ford I got rear fender liners, Bed Rug, and mud flaps; outsourced a Backflip MX4.  Put everything on in a couple of days. Sweet!...  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArtieT said:

I just took delivery of my new truck. Got Fordpass all setup and linked - even added my wife's Edge.  The app still shows no points.  How long until the points for new vehicle purchase show up?  Sorry if this post is repetitive - I searched around and couldn't find anything.  TIA!!! 

Mine took around a week to show up. And I received 400000.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WillSD said:

From 10 days to 10 weeks; should be 42,000 points ($210) for gas or 75,000 points ($375) for diesel.

Dealer in Canada is telling me its only 42,000 points for a diesel and gas, do you know if this is true? He told me to find out....lazy

@litage --  As stated stateside but Canada may be different.   Edit to add that according to some Canadian Ford dealers' websites, you earn a "thank you bonus" of 40,000 points upon purchase.

@Kirbdog44  --  Yes you can use them for accessories or future service visits.   The original idea is that it covers the first 3 maintenance visits.

Edited by WillSD

3 hours ago, litage said:

Dealer in Canada is telling me its only 42,000 points for a diesel and gas, do you know if this is true? He told me to find out....lazy

I got 40,000 points. Diesel Canadian order. $200 rebate when you spend $100k(canadian pesos) what a deal!

It did take awhile. I want to say mine took about 2 weeks from delivery before they appeared.

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, mattdm said:

I got 40,000 points. Diesel Canadian order. $200 rebate when you spend $100k(canadian pesos) what a deal!

It did take awhile. I want to say mine took about 2 weeks from delivery before they appeared.

Yea, as usual Canadians get the shaft when making big purchases. I guess we should be happy we get anything at all ?

• Haha 1

Was not able to download FordPass app onto my smart phone at the dealers when picking up truck in October, despite multiple attempts by salesperson and manager. Finally did it at home couple weeks later and created account.

Thing is, they never never explained about the points being awarded for purchase, or the advantages gained, or said you have to link truck to it within 60 days to get the points, now I want to get engine and diff oil changed and steering alignment checked out ideally using points of course. In trying to find out where I stand, ended up calling Ford marketing who put me onto FordPass customer help who told me the dealer should have advised about the 60 day period and because that has passed, I’m sol. He said Dealer is contracted to advise customers of said period and I should speak with a manager, not salesman, to see if they will compensate me in some way. 

Haven’t asked yet, but does  the forum have any opinions on the likelihood of this happening?

Their performance smacks of sharp dealership practice to me. 

TIA guys

I had something very similar happen to me.  I purchased an Edge in October, and the sales woman or I could not get the app to work at that time.   I kinda forgot about it until my F250 showed up in April, and I signed up and received the 42k points.  I tried to get my reward points from my Edge, and I have not been able to get them, apparently since it was not done within 60 days.  I feel kinda of ripped off over the situation.

Hi blackboost,

Yeah, that’s how I feel too. Two days ago I booked with dealer to have oil change on engine and differential, alignment checked and trailer brake reflash. When I asked why the diff service was so expensive, only wanted oil changed,  the girl went away to ask why and came back to relay a snarky condescending explanation from some smart ass tech. Today I cancelled the service visit coz with that episode and the points thing, why should they get more cash off me after giving me a shafting on the purchase price to start with?

Never going back there if I can help it. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

365 consecutive days, not a calendar year.

Keep in mind that Ford can devalue the points at any time without advance notice before building up too high of a balance.  Currently each point is worth 0.5¢, so 1000 points is worth $5 toward nearly any purchase at a Ford dealer.

Do FordPass Rewards Points expire?

FordPass Rewards Point balances expire and are forfeited when a member has not earned Points, redeemed Points or fulfilled a reward earnhed through FordPass Rewards for 365 consecutive calendar days. App usage does not qualify as activity needed to keep Points from expiring. To help in these uncertain times, expiration of FordPass Rewards Points has been extended to December 31, 2021, for Points earned prior to January, 2021. Points earned after January 1, 2021 will expire at the 365-day mark with no other activity.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/fordpass/fordpass-rewards/fordpass-rewards-frequently-asked-questions/

• Like 1