Lincoln Star BEV Concept

We might want to bring the discussion in the Lincoln forum over to here and combine the two, as this is something that might be interesting to the broader FMC audience, as it showcases design concepts that might eventually make their way into FMC EV products.

To me, the interior feels a little cold even if gorgeous. I like the exterior. But as I noted in the Lincoln forum discussion, this is not a pre-production prototype, but an out-there concept vehicle. For instance, front seats that swivel around to face the second seats while the car goes into autonomous driving and the steering wheel disappears is something a long, long ways away still.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, disappointing to me.  I was expecting more detail. Platform, drivetrain. Something ahead.  I felt it was more like "Oh wait, if...oh, the lighting, oh more lighting, oh epiphany, oh an idea, Oh I have a feeling:"...nothing about a real vehicle, but dreams thoughts, and inspirations on a concept.  Waste of my time really....sadly we need more at this stage of Lincoln, than a hope and a prayer.

• Like 8

If anyone read the interview with the new Design honcho, he said he wants to introduce more pure concepts to test public reaction to their design ideas. Well here we go! I don't want to be negative, but unfortunately for me, the rear end treatment (especially tail lights) immediately gave me vibes from the Kia EV6: JDPA_2022%20Kia%20EV6%20White%20Rear%20Q

It’s a pie in the sky concept for sure, but the overall shape and proportions seem doable. I’m curious when the first model will come out; assuming I like the styling I’ll probably be looking to one of the models to replace my Aviator. I prefer production concepts but it’s nice every now and then to see an actual concept. 

• Like 1

Is this the first in a trend towards 100% digital concept vehicles?  At first I was disappointed but after thinking about it, maybe it makes more sense than we realize.

Concept vehicles are almost always for show only with the vast majority of folks seeing them in pictures and videos only.  Especially with auto shows becoming less popular.  So why spend all that money on a physical concept vehicle when you can do it electronically and have more freedom?

I think we’ll still get a pre production Aviator concept.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Yup and since Corsair and Aviator are so alike it’s one of them. I still believe Lincoln needs 1 sedan but doubt they will do that in N/A

Since Ford is not doing particularly well in CUV segment (still losing market share), you would think Ford would have one sedan like Ford and one Lincoln. A Fusion Active type vehicle and Lincoln performance sedan based off the Mustang platform. Maybe it will happen over time. There are opportunities in different segments as Ford found with Bronco especially. 

• Like 3

lincoln-star-concept-exterior.jpg

it looks ok from some angles, and I like the rear. The front is kinda meh. The profile however just looks odd. Proportions seem off, hood isn’t long enough, and the roof and windshield slant back too much. It looks like they were going for a sleeker, more modern interpretation of the aviator, but just missed the mark a bit.

I was a big fan of concept cars back in the days and was disappointed when everyone stopped making them. But then I realized there was always a huge letdown between a concept and what ended up in production. I think I prefer the “production ready” concepts that have been rolling out the pst few years. At least you know that the production will at least be somewhat similar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Since Ford is not doing particularly well in CUV segment (still losing market share), you would think Ford would have one sedan like Ford and one Lincoln. A Fusion Active type vehicle and Lincoln performance sedan based off the Mustang platform. Maybe it will happen over time. There are opportunities in different segments as Ford found with Bronco especially. 

I totally agree and can only hope that Ford does what you proposed but I can’t help but be skeptical. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

lincoln-star-concept-exterior.jpg

it looks ok from some angles, and I like the rear. The front is kinda meh. The profile however just looks odd. Proportions seem off, hood isn’t long enough, and the roof and windshield slant back too much. It looks like they were going for a sleeker, more modern interpretation of the aviator, but just missed the mark a bit.

I was a big fan of concept cars back in the days and was disappointed when everyone stopped making them. But then I realized there was always a huge letdown between a concept and what ended up in production. I think I prefer the “production ready” concepts that have been rolling out the pst few years. At least you know that the production will at least be somewhat similar. 

I agree to an extent, wish the dash to axle ratio was a little more prominent. But that would obviously hurt the packaging of the vehicle. It's not bad looking, just looks a little off in some places, it'll probably grow on me. I think the issue is they wanted the nose to be higher up, almost proud and elegant looking, with a negative wedge design which looks more elegant. However, because the front is also shorter, it looks a little stubby. 

7 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I don't love it, but I also tend to not like overdone concept cars because of how unrealistic/goofy they tend to look

I agree with the thought about the side profile looking goofy.

It’s clearly disproportionate, the front is dominated by rounded surfaces while the cab back has strong straight lines that make the vehicle look like it’s tipping backwards. Honestly, it looks more like a characterture of the current Nautilus/Aviator.

Seriously, Ford needs to rethink who it’s pitching these Lincoln vehicles to, are they just disposable fodder to Wall Street onlookers?

19 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Agree on the front, it's not distinctive in the way a Lincoln should be. Get used to these proportions - EVs will allow larger passenger compartments relative to the wheelbase, given the absence of the engine/tranny, and designers are going to take advantage of that extra space.

I think the falling line from front to rear is visually exaggerated by the front fenders - if you look closely, the tops of the front fenders are raised above the frunk line, so they exaggerate the height of the front end relative to the rest of the body when viewed from the side. You can see the raised fender tops from these images:lincoln-star-concept-113-1650471262.jpg?lincoln-star-concept-105-1650471259.jpg?

On 4/21/2022 at 4:30 AM, Harley Lover said:

If anyone read the interview with the new Design honcho, he said he wants to introduce more pure concepts to test public reaction to their design ideas. Well here we go! I don't want to be negative, but unfortunately for me, the rear end treatment (especially tail lights) immediately gave me vibes from the Kia EV6: JDPA_2022%20Kia%20EV6%20White%20Rear%20Q

The front end looks like a Genesis/Hyundai as well.
Don't like the look at all.