Premium Sound tha is actually PREMIUM

sippy12

I have a 2014 f150 Plat that came with Sony premium sound...it was ok...but decided to spend 3K and ad a JL Audio integrated system....bingo!

Fast forward...ordered a new Platinum with B&O unleashed...now reading it isnt as good as the the old Sony system. 

Please Ford give us at least a step up from prior years

• Like 1

I tend to agree. The "new" B&O branded "premium" systems aren't much better to my ears than the standard system and definitely not the noticeable upgrade the old Sony system was. Sure you can play with the EQ settings to a degree but that will only take it so far. Of course an aftermarket upgrade will always be superior but for the money they charge for the B&O branded system it can be a lot better. At least the old Sony speakers used a plastic polymer sound cone. From what I hear the B&O system doesn't. 

I wouldn't pay extra for premium sound. With road, wind and vehicle noise going on, subtle acoustic nuances are drowned out. And, the chain of fidelity is  reduced by ever- lengthening links: Original recording>duplication>archival hardware-software(Spotify, SiriusXM iTunes etc)>broadcast/cable streaming>receiver> Bluetooth/USB cable/Wifi> speakers/headphones.

It's amazing we get any audio at all!

• Like 1

You are correct sippy12. Savagegeese did subjective and objective evaluations of the B&O system in 2020 Ford Explorer and found it "horrendous". In fact, it was among the worst OE car audio systems they've ever tested. B&O system in F-150 is probably not much better.

BO_Explorer.PNG

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

You are correct sippy12. Savagegeese did subjective and objective evaluations of the B&O system in 2020 Ford Explorer and found it "horrendous". In fact, it was among the worst OE car audio systems they've ever tested. B&O system in F-150 is probably not much better.

BO_Explorer.PNG

They've always been brutally honest with the B&O review. They weren't nice about the Ranger version either.