RE Auto stop go feature on wife's new Nautilus

It won't stay disabled more than one ignition cycle. So not practical to constantly turn off every time you crank the vehicle. Guess she will have to get used to it. How durable are the starters on vehicles with this feature? Would think all this "starting" would eventually wear on the starter and related parts. 

17 minutes ago, Ralph Greene said:

It won't stay disabled more than one ignition cycle. So not practical to constantly turn off every time you crank the vehicle. Guess she will have to get used to it. How durable are the starters on vehicles with this feature? Would think all this "starting" would eventually wear on the starter and related parts. 

Have the feature on the g/f's 2018 Escape and now on my 2021 Bronco...no issues at all.

2 hours ago, Ralph Greene said:

Hi Ralph. Yes, there is no way (from the factory) to permanently disable it. The default is enabled, and it must be disabled on each key cycle.

There are some aftermarket OBDII modules available to disable it on a permanent basis. I'm not promoting their use or vouching for any, just making the information known. ?

The starter and electrical system are beefed up for the feature, so not much to worry about there.

Good luck.

Just ignore it for a couple of weeks and you’ll get used to it.  Works great on my F150.  All the parts are beefed up and it does save fuel.

If it really really bothers you it can be disabled with Forscan or a plug in auto stop start eliminator.  

Thanks folks....I'm sure she and I will get accustomed to it. She is the main driver of the car. One thing I will say....I am pleasantly surprised at how peppy the 2.0 engine is at low RPM. And low RPM is how it will be driven. This old drag racer can do an across country trip, and probably never go over 3500 RPM or more than 1/2 throttle.  At first I thought we wanted the 2.7. but here in Florida with no traction issues, I didn't want to pay for or haul the weight around of the AWD required with the 2.7. We have other vehicles, so am aware of engine smoothness, or lack of, but have no complaints with the 2.0. And it seems to get rather amazing fuel economy for a 4200 lb vehicle. Not quite ready for an EV, but like idea of being economical with fuel. And even though the 2.7 is rated within 2 MPG of fuel economy to the 2.0, to us....that's 3 extra trips per tankfuls on our daily rounds. The way we drive it. FWIW, I drove a blown 700 HP Mustang for many years, shifting at 7000 at strip, and a 1100 CC Suzuki motorcycle. So I have had my auto thrills. There is no way to make a 4200 lb FWD vehicle into a performance car anyway, so am more than satisfied with this little hi tq engine for mostly Florida use. And being the tight wad that i am, this new standard  Nautilus with only the Nav, power steering wheel, and garage door opener package is all I wanted to pay. Would hsve liked some forward radar or camera views, but just didn't want to pay for that.  

Edited by Ralph Greene