2022 Lincoln Navigator Production Now Limited To Customer Orders

BigVette

Interesting. I placed my order on 1/20 (priority code 10) but I ordered a Reserve with the Roast interior and I had heard that those were on constraint at least at some point. Since it was delayed, I was able to add the Lincoln Play to my order on 4/1 and Lincoln even moved up the priority to 02! I'm a little surprised that I don't have a VIN and (tentative) production date three weeks later at 02, but I suspect this will only help expedite the process.  

https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/2022-lincoln-navigator-production-now-limited-to-customer-orders/

2022 Lincoln Navigator Production Now Limited To Customer Orders

By Brett Foote

April 22, 2022 10:20 am

The refreshed 2022 Lincoln Navigator was revealed back in August and entered production at the Ford Kentucky Truck plant in January, though the full-size luxury SUV has faced some supply-chain related issues in the ensuing months. Now, it appears that FoMoCo’s luxury arm is limiting 2022 Lincoln Navigator production to customer-ordered examples, according to the model’s official site. “The 2022 Lincoln Navigator is only available for custom order,” the site reads. “Some models, trims, and features may not be available. Please contact your local Lincoln Retailer for updates and assistance.”

This update comes after 2022 Navigator production has been impacted by supply chain issues including the semiconductor chip shortage multiple times over the past few months. Ford’s Kentucky plant – which also produces the Ford Super Duty and Ford Expedition – was down to one shift for a week back in February, and was also completely down for one week back in March.

With deals proving to be virtually non-existent in these inventory-challenged times, Ford has also been removing some non-critical features from some of its vehicles in an effort to speed up deliveries. That includes the Navigator, which recently dropped the Ford Active Park Assist 2.0 feature, though affected models will instead come equipped with an Active Park Assist 2.0 Prep Kit (option 98H), which includes all of the wiring and sensors necessary to install the feature at a later date.

Ford has also been moving toward more of a build-to-order business model in recent months amid numerous supply chain constraints, which has proven quite popular with Lincoln buyers in particular. In fact, new Lincoln retail orders increased by a whopping 291 percent in February, year-over-year.

We’ll have more on the 2022 Navigator soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Lincoln news, Lincoln Navigator news, and continuous Ford news coverage.