Delete resinator on 2012 f250 6.2l

Jared316

I installed a Cat-back Gibson on a previous truck with the resonator delete.  I would not do it again (Remove the resonator).  When we towed our camper, it would hit a certain RPM range and the harmonic vibrations would rattle your brain, literally.  It was very unpleasant unless we were doing a steady speed on the highway.  

A resonator changes the “sound” of the exhaust before it enters the muffler, which allows the muffler to do it’s job better.  If you decide to do it, use caution, because the resonator is there for a reason.

Edited by NH_Bulldog
  • Like 1

Removing the resonator  may give you an annoying drone. Usually around 1800 to 2000 rpm. You could make a 1/4 wave resonator that has no restriction and quiets down the in cab noise but louder out the exhaust. I made one for the wife’s mustang last year. Had a terrible drone inside the car around 1900 rpm. I believe the pipe was 39” with a cap on the end. Sound travels to end cap then back to exhaust pipe and they cancels the frequency of the drone.  It really works! Her car has a v6 so the pipe is longer. A v8 will be shorter. The length of pipe is calculated by the frequency of the exhaust at the drone and how many cylinders. Very easy to drill a hole in exhaust and install the pipe

88736D85-D24F-4DDD-94A9-DD312D499AFD.jpeg