F250 7.3 gas milage question

BBQMAN

Towed a 12000 lb 5th wheel from Fort Wayne Indiana to Myrtle Beach SC. Went through Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, NC, and SC. Averaged 8.095 MPG. This was hand calculated (815 miles and 100.677 gallons). 2022 F350 supercab long bed with 7.3 gas and 4.30 rear end.

Edited by db2

• 5 weeks later...

7.3 with 3.55 gears.  I have 4,500 miles on mine, no towing yet.  My mileage depends on the terrain, speed, and drive mode.  Flat, level, no wind, in eco mode, 240 mile round trip @ 75 MPH I averaged 16.5 MPG.  Same drive in normal mode averaged 14.5 MPG.  620 mile round trip, lots of up and down at 80 MPH in eco mode 14 MPG.  Same drive in normal mode averaged 13 MPG.  Eco seemed to have to downshift more on the uphill climbs.  Around town (picture small town with a stop sign or light every two blocks) sucks.  In eco I get somewhere around 10, closer to 8.5-9 in normal.  Normal mode is much more fun to drive, much better throttle response, but eco has its place especially on the interstate and in heavier traffic in the city.  Normal in stop and go traffic in the city makes for a very jerky ride.  Eco seems to smooth that out.  Fortunately most of my windshield time is highway.

• Thanks 1

I will have to give an update in a few weeks as I received notification today that my truck went into production 6 days early.  So looking forward to being able to give some more data on 7.3 fuel milage.  My 2021 with the 6.2 and a 3.73 is currently showing a lifetime mpg of 15.1 over the past 28,000 miles.  Hopefully the 7.3 with the 3.55 will be similar.

We now have 3,700 miles on ours and our lifetime average is 14.8 mpg with a mix of local, highway and 30’ camper towing.  If not for the towing (average is 8.8 mpg) the overall mileage could be higher because we are seeing unloaded highway mileage at 17.1 mpg.  We are headed out this weekend for a 3 week trip with the camper which should rack up close to 5,000 more miles by the time we get home so I will post mileage figures from that trip when I can

Edited by NH_Bulldog