New F450 Platinum, not new to Ford

JohnnyG

My truck's status changed to shipped yesterday... I should have it in 3 weeks or so.

My wife and I are full-time RVers.  We sold our house in 2016 and moved into a motorhome.  We own a lot in an RV resort in SWFL and stay there for 6 months.  When things warm up, we leave FL for someplace we have not been before. 

We love the lifestyle but find that the 45' motorhome limits the places that we can visit.  So, we bought the truck and a 38' toy hauler and will use it for summer travel (the motorhome will stay on our lot in FL>)

In 1972, I took my DL test in my brother's F100 pickup (manual steering and 3 speed on the column.)   In 1976 I bought a new Ford F150 in that same year, I went into the USAF.  While in the airforce, I traded the truck in for a Ford Galaxy. After I got out, I traded the Galaxy in on a Ford Thunderbird (4 cylinder Turbo.)  In 2003, we got a Ford Excursion (with the 6.0 engine), I still miss that vehicle.  Because we travel a lot and like to explore, we got a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (with a lifetime warranty, which I use a lot.)  

When we leave FL, I will drive the truck and trailer and my wife will follow behind in the Jeep.  We are looking forward to getting started in this next chapter.... and will.... as soon as the truck and RV show up at the dealers.

Stay safe out there!

JohnnyG

• Like 1