Chip Hold

Cadet7263

Officially 5 weeks in to this "Micro Chip Hold". Continue to watch more and more be delivered to dealerships all over the country, that have the same things as mine, that went in to production weeks after mine. None within 500 miles of me, and prices are anywhere from $5k to $10K more then mine, with the same stuff in them.

Ford reported over 60,000 vehicles are built awaiting "chips and incidentals", with actual sales for the 1st quarter of the year reported as 966,000  units vs 1.1 million units expected. Still reported a paper loss of 3.9B, most of that due to Rivian investments.

Bill

• 2 months later...

When will dealer lots get back to normal. I'm in NC the dealer that used to have 100's of vehicles in stock still has like 50. the smaller dealer that had 50, has 10. just empty lots.  It seems like any delays in chips could have been overcome by now. 

2 hours ago, markfnc said:

When will dealer lots get back to normal. I'm in NC the dealer that used to have 100's of vehicles in stock still has like 50. the smaller dealer that had 50, has 10. just empty lots.  It seems like any delays in chips could have been overcome by now. 

The chip shortage and other shipping delays are still happening and will be for quite some time.  But with more people ordering now (in some cases over 50% of sales) don’t expect to see huge inventories.