24 Way seats vs 10 way

What is your input on the 24 way seating in the Lincoln Nautilus?  Which of the two is more comfortable in your opinion?  I recently test drove a 22 Nautilus Black Label with the stock, 10 way seats and it felt as if I were setting on a concrete block. When I ordered a new Black Label the sales manager said the 24 way seats were not available so encouraged me to order the stock seats.  Any help you give is greatly appreciated. Thanks from an old Econoline worker living in beautiful SW Florida.  Sam

• Haha 1

Concrete blocks?  Compared to what - a La-Z-Boy?  The massage seats are not any softer.  We just got a Nautilus with them but we’re not planning to get them.  The 2 adjustments that I use are the thigh extensions and the headrest 4 way adjustment.  Skinnier folks might appreciate the side bolsters and back pads,  The massage is nice on long trips.  We would have been happy with the standard seats which we had in our 2016 MKX.  We took them on several 6+ hour trips.

Maybe you’re just not used to firm seats.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skypilotusmc1 said:

What is your input on the 24 way seating in the Lincoln Nautilus?  Which of the two is more comfortable in your opinion?  I recently test drove a 22 Nautilus Black Label with the stock, 10 way seats and it felt as if I were setting on a concrete block. When I ordered a new Black Label the sales manager said the 24 way seats were not available so encouraged me to order the stock seats.  Any help you give is greatly appreciated. Thanks from an old Econoline worker living in beautiful SW Florida.  Sam

Hi skypilot. Just to add to akirby's information: The problem with the 10 way seats may have been just a lack of time to adjust them properly for yourself.

However, although the standard 10 way seats are very good, I would definitely recommend the 24 way seating. Either way nowadays, the problem with so many available adjustments is...With such a wide range of adjustments, it takes some time playing and experimenting with all the adjustments in order for each driver to make the seats comfortable.

In the old days, it was just slide the seat forward and backward. Then reclining seat-backs. Then we had seat height adjustments. Now it takes a degree in engineering and chiropractics to fully adjust the seats. ?

With so many choices/adjustments, it becomes harder to get the right fit. And far easier to get a very bad fit. But once you get the right fit, it will be much better than seats with less adjustments. It simply takes some experimentation and patience.

So many adjustable cushions, inflatable bladders, extensions, etc. etc. means more time necessary in order to tailor the fit to each individual body type, size, taste etc.

I would recommend starting from scratch. Widen all bolsters, soften/deflate all bladders etc. In other words, make the seat as welcoming to the biggest person possible. Then...incrementally/slowly change all the adjustments, bolsters, cushions etc. one by one until you get the best for for yourself. 

But personally, I would still go with the 24 way seats.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, akirby said:

bbf2530 - they’re no longer available, at least for the near future.

Hi akirby. Yes...the OP stated the Sales Manager told him that. Still, currently available or not, the OP did ask the comparative comfort question, so the information may be useful if he/she or others may want to wait until they are available. ?

So the information and my opinion/advice on the 10 way versus 24 way seat adjustment/comfort is now out there for all eternity (or until SkyNet becomes self-aware), in case the OP or anyone else is interested...or not. ?

Good luck. ?

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 5:34 AM, bbf2530 said:

Hi akirby. Yes...the OP stated the Sales Manager told him that. Still, currently available or not, the OP did ask the comparative comfort question, so the information may be useful if he/she or others may want to wait until they are available. ?

So the information and my opinion/advice on the 10 way versus 24 way seat adjustment/comfort is now out there for all eternity (or until SkyNet becomes self-aware), in case the OP or anyone else is interested...or not. ?

Good luck. ?

I just got the same message from my sales advisor. I'm thinking about getting a Nautilus. They have one in transit that has everything I want but 22 way seats. I asked to place a custom order and he told me the 22 way seats not available. He's hoping the 23's will have them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 10:05 PM, akirby said:

bbf2530 - they’re no longer available, at least for the near future.

Funny thing is I just noticed the Nautilus order guide was just updated on 5-02. The section updated is the section where the 22 way seats are listed. Why didn't they remove them if they can't be ordered? I tried to order just days after that update.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 3:45 AM, bbf2530 said:

Hi skypilot. Just to add to akirby's information: The problem with the 10 way seats may have been just a lack of time to adjust them properly for yourself.

However, although the standard 10 way seats are very good, I would definitely recommend the 24 way seating. Either way nowadays, the problem with so many available adjustments is...With such a wide range of adjustments, it takes some time playing and experimenting with all the adjustments in order for each driver to make the seats comfortable.

In the old days, it was just slide the seat forward and backward. Then reclining seat-backs. Then we had seat height adjustments. Now it takes a degree in engineering and chiropractics to fully adjust the seats. ?

With so many choices/adjustments, it becomes harder to get the right fit. And far easier to get a very bad fit. But once you get the right fit, it will be much better than seats with less adjustments. It simply takes some experimentation and patience.

So many adjustable cushions, inflatable bladders, extensions, etc. etc. means more time necessary in order to tailor the fit to each individual body type, size, taste etc.

I would recommend starting from scratch. Widen all bolsters, soften/deflate all bladders etc. In other words, make the seat as welcoming to the biggest person possible. Then...incrementally/slowly change all the adjustments, bolsters, cushions etc. one by one until you get the best for for yourself. 

But personally, I would still go with the 24 way seats.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Thank you... this is really enlightening