2015 F-250 pwerstroke with spun 7 and 3 pushrod bearings 93K miles

Cradz350

Hello to all,
I am new to this forum. I own a 2015 F-250 with the 6.7. I was in the process of hooking my truck to my 5th wheel for a spring break trip when the truck started to shutter. It felt like I was hit by a gust of wind, but when I looked at the dash; the check engine light was on. A check of the code showed a PO269 or cylinder 3 is not contributing to engine power. I also noticed an audible tapping sound. Fast forward; the dealer (Hertrich Ford of Milford Delaware) has determined the cylinder 3 and 7 pushrods have spun and I will need a new engine. They are working with Ford to determine if Ford will cover the cost. The truck is religiously maintained to include Rotella T6 every 5k miles. I am a little shocked to say the least that this engine catastrophically failed at such low mileage...especially a lower end failure.

With all that said, has anyone else experienced a similar failure and if yes; what was the root cause?

It should also be noted this truck is completely stock and has not been modified with any performance upgrades. The dealer tech stated bearing failure is usually due to oil starvation. (I am not here to disagree, and the dealership has been great to work with), but the oil was full at the time of tear-down. I did around 20k miles experience a vacuum pump failure that dumped during operation 70 percent of the trucks oil. The service manager at that dealership, when asked if the leak damaged the engine stated "we took out the bad part and put in the good part; what else do you need to know"...so no determination was ever made for other damage.

Anyway, this whole situation sucks with one silver lining. I did borrow my dad's '06 power stroke and saved the family trip. I forgot how much I missed the sound and raw power of the 6.0. My brother has my old 6.0 that I got coming home from a deployment in 2003...I definitely have a soft spot for Ford diesels.

Sincerely

Chris Radziewicz

20171216_220922.jpg

20171217_140210.jpg

20171217_142427.jpg

vacuum pump oil leak .jpg

resizedDSC00374.jpg

20171217_140200.jpg

resizedDSC00370.jpg

resizedDSC00376.jpg

resizedDSC00392.jpg

resizedDSC00398.jpg