Question about "display" on wife's 2022 Nautilus

2 hours ago, Ralph Greene said:

It's a standard model and I know it lacks some of the features of the higher levels. But on the speedo screen wife uses "trip 1". But if there is a "1", where is trip 2? Mostly curious. 

Hi Ralph. Yes, you must use the steering wheel controls to navigate to Trip 2. If you are lucky, Lefty205's instructions for his MKX are the same as yours.

The instructions for how to navigate from Trip 1 to Trip 2 in my 2018 MKZ are the same as what Lefty205 told you for his 2016 MKX, but they may differ on your 2022 Nautilus.

If they are different, how to get there would depend on several factors, so you can either sit in the vehicle and experiment with the Driver Information Center settings, or check your Owners Manual instructions.

On a related note: Since you and your wife are probably unaware of a lot of nice features available in the various settings of your Nautilus, sitting in the vehicle and experimenting and/or taking a look at the Owners Manual may be a very good idea anyway. Then you and your wife will know how to navigate through the many useful Driver Information Center settings.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks guys LOL....Found it....but it's not on the left side. It's on the right side of steering wheel, and had been turned off. When in display, trip 2 comes just after trip 1 on the toggle....when it's turned on. Have spent a lot of time sitting in garage studying this thing. Think I've got most figured out. I've had to turn a lot of the features on. On our car, all the left side controls do is change station and volume on radio. It seemed logical to me that if there was a trip 1, there would be a 2. And when you guys affirmed that, found it. We've had the car 2 weeks now, and all I have found to complain about is the gap on the hood is about twice as wide on passenger side as the drivers side. Maybe dealer can adjust some of that out when I go in. 

Edited by Ralph Greene
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ralph Greene said:

Thanks guys LOL....Found it....but it's not on the left side. It's on the right side of steering wheel, and had been turned off. When in display, trip 2 comes just after trip 1 on the toggle....when it's turned on. Have spent a lot of time sitting in garage studying this thing. Think I've got most figured out. I've had to turn a lot of the features on. On our car, all the left side controls do is change station and volume on radio. 

I was about to tell you that you have to turn it on in the DISP settings.   I would have also preferred the audio on the right and display buttons on the left, but I've gotten used to it now.  I'm loving Sync 4 (up to 16 radio presets - can be mixed with am/fm/sirius) and the gauge cluster and all the other tech.

Edited by akirby

Yes features are nice. Our 2012 Limited Edge had most of these, but in slightly different form. I think these controls are more logical. More like how a computer works. My ordered Weather Tech mats and truck liner arrived, and will get a 2" receiver hitch on Wed for my US made 1UP bike rack. 

akirby....I know you originally wanted the 2.7. Are you now OK with the 2.0? The 2.0 and 8 speed auto make a good combo I think. Car has more get up than I expected. But I live where it's flat. 

Edited by Ralph Greene

22 minutes ago, Ralph Greene said:

I know you originally wanted the 2.7. Are you now OK with the 2.0? The 2.0 and 8 speed auto make a good combo I think. Car has more get up than I expected. But I live where it's flat. 

It’s perfectly fine.  I thought it would be because that’s what my Fusion had for 5 years before my F150.  It’s a lot faster off the line  than the 3.7L MKX with moderate throttle input thanks to the ecoboost low rpm torque.  The 8 speed probably helps a lot.  It was a good decision to get the massage seats.