Post-Order Changes

Jgking

Basically my reason for asking was since it’s taking so long on the 2022’s I want to tell my dealer that I want to put in a 2023 order as soon as they open 6/23. Know we want a platinum but without seeing the colors offered I was hoping to just say put in a platinum in any color and we can iron out the color/final Options later but just submit it as soon as they can. 

Question on this. 

I ordered back in October. I was told last week in order to get scheduled I would have to remove the Tow Technology Package. Everything else stayed the same. According to the order preview this re-set my priority code and adjusted my price level. Adding $4000 ?

Would this fall into the Price Protection offered by Ford?

3 hours ago, HarleyDavis said:

Question on this. 

I ordered back in October. I was told last week in order to get scheduled I would have to remove the Tow Technology Package. Everything else stayed the same. According to the order preview this re-set my priority code and adjusted my price level. Adding $4000 ?

Would this fall into the Price Protection offered by Ford?

Yes, the vehicle order is still price protected to the original order date. Your Dealer needs to contact their Ford Zone Manager to have the regional office restore the priority code.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Yes, the vehicle order is still price protected to the original order date. Your Dealer needs to contact their Ford Zone Manager to have the regional office restore the priority code.  

Ice, as always thanks for the response!!

I was told yesterday that I had been moved back to a Priority Code 2, but haven't received an answer on the price level. Do you know of any documentation that is available to prove this? My dealer seems to be un-clear on the matter. 

20 minutes ago, HarleyDavis said:

Ice, as always thanks for the response!!

I was told yesterday that I had been moved back to a Priority Code 2, but haven't received an answer on the price level. Do you know of any documentation that is available to prove this? My dealer seems to be un-clear on the matter. 

Your transaction is actually between you and the Dealer and you should have written documentation of the sales terms in the form of a signed sales agreement. Without a signed sales agreement, the Dealer can claim ignorance of Ford's price protection policy and pocket the price increase as additional profit. 

Every price increase announcement is posted prominently on the FMCDealer.com portal home page and includes the price protection terms which have been in place for decades. The actual price protection claims process is an internal accounting adjustment made between Ford and the Dealer. The Dealer can honor the price protection policy, sell the vehicle at the original price, file the claim with Ford and get reimbursed by Ford for the difference. For certain sales types, the Dealer can arrange for Ford to reimburse the customer directly. The dealership's office staff responsible for reporting sales and the associated paperwork with Ford should be well familiar with the price protection claims process.

If you want to see documentation, ask the Dealer for a copy of Ford's price increase announcement. The announcement includes the price protection policy and terms.  

45 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Your transaction is actually between you and the Dealer and you should have written documentation of the sales terms in the form of a signed sales agreement. Without a signed sales agreement, the Dealer can claim ignorance of Ford's price protection policy and pocket the price increase as additional profit. 

Every price increase announcement is posted prominently on the FMCDealer.com portal home page and includes the price protection terms which have been in place for decades. The actual price protection claims process is an internal accounting adjustment made between Ford and the Dealer. The Dealer can honor the price protection policy, sell the vehicle at the original price, file the claim with Ford and get reimbursed by Ford for the difference. For certain sales types, the Dealer can arrange for Ford to reimburse the customer directly. The dealership's office staff responsible for reporting sales and the associated paperwork with Ford should be well familiar with the price protection claims process.

If you want to see documentation, ask the Dealer for a copy of Ford's price increase announcement. The announcement includes the price protection policy and terms.  

@ice-capades Again. THANK YOU!  I also apologize for de-railing the Post-Order Changes topic, but do hope the info will be helpful to others. 

I didn't have a signed sales agreement at the time of order. That may have been my bad, however I have and Z plan pin from a grandfather. It was my understanding I was locked in at that price. I have a copy of the original copy of the order with the Z-plan Price as well as the updated (more expensive) order preview. This is the first time using the Z-plan. Did I make a $4000 goof? 

48 minutes ago, HarleyDavis said:

I didn't have a signed sales agreement at the time of order. That may have been my bad, however I have and Z plan pin from a grandfather. It was my understanding I was locked in at that price. I have a copy of the original copy of the order with the Z-plan Price as well as the updated (more expensive) order preview. This is the first time using the Z-plan. Did I make a $4000 goof? 

The question is did the dealer agree to Z plan when you ordered?  I assume so since it was on the printout.

Assuming the dealer is still accepting Z plan tell them you expect to pay the original price and that you know they are price protected by Ford.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 10:44 PM, ice-capades said:

Order Type, Body Code or Order Code (Equipment Group/Package/Trim). 

Please forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that changing the color will reset your place in line?

24 minutes ago, psmith79 said:

Please forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that changing the color will reset your place in line?

Not at all. Order Code (Equipment Group/Package/Trim) refers to XLT, Lariat, Platinum, etc. and has nothing to do with paint colors. 

• Like 1