Are supply chain and labor issues translating into quality issues?

Curious if anyone has noticed an impact to the quality of your new truck ? Has the impact of pressure on 3rd party vendors rushing to supply parts/products for Ford along with Ford attempting to push units out with supply chain and labor issues caused a noticeable degradation of quality? This is my fear yet all the while I am with the mob bitching because I want my truck. 

I don’t have my truck but I have personally witness blatantly obvious issues with very simple things such as seat covers, incomplete paint at Jambs etc.

What happened to quality is Job 1 or is it still as I understand with any mass production that things slip through?

1 hour ago, Cglenn said:

Curious if anyone has noticed an impact to the quality of your new truck ? Has the impact of pressure on 3rd party vendors rushing to supply parts/products for Ford along with Ford attempting to push units out with supply chain and labor issues caused a noticeable degradation of quality? This is my fear yet all the while I am with the mob bitching because I want my truck. 

I don’t have my truck but I have personally witness blatantly obvious issues with very simple things such as seat covers, incomplete paint at Jambs etc.

What happened to quality is Job 1 or is it still as I understand with any mass production that things slip through?

Trucks are painted by robot, so it's not a manpower issue.

Suppliers don't want things like recall on their parts.  If they are responsible, Ford will go after them for reimbursement.

While we expect perfect trucks, OEMs are getting pretty durn close to achieving that.  Used to be in the 70's there would several warranty issues on every single vehicle.  Then they started measuring warranty in defects per 1,000 vehicles, and OEMS have gone from several hundred issues per thousand down to a hundred or so per thousand.  With the content being being even more complex than ever, they will continue to have some issues.  OEM's monitor warranty issues closely.  They are getting so low, it is now possible to pick out regional issues, that could never be identified before..

While I agree to a degree why are some of the issues mentioned ever making it out of the plant? Stevie Wonder could see incomplete paint items at door jambs etc as well as grossly bad seat cover installations. While these issues are not egregiously widespread they do exist. The most widespread that I have personally seen in loose or incorrectly fitting rear seat covers.

26 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Trucks are painted by robot, so it's not a manpower issue.

Suppliers don't want things like recall on their parts.  If they are responsible, Ford will go after them for reimbursement.

While we expect perfect trucks, OEMs are getting pretty durn close to achieving that.  Used to be in the 70's there would several warranty issues on every single vehicle.  Then they started measuring warranty in defects per 1,000 vehicles, and OEMS have gone from several hundred issues per thousand down to a hundred or so per thousand.  With the content being being even more complex than ever, they will continue to have some issues.  OEM's monitor warranty issues closely.  They are getting so low, it is now possible to pick out regional issues, that could never be identified before..

I’ve had numerous quality issues with my 2019 F450, from rattles to body panel misalignment. Thankfully all fixed by my dealer with no hassle. Anyway, I doubt it’s a new thing. Even my wife’s 2020 Range Rover autobiography has had some niggling issues, so it’s not a brand thing either. 

2 hours ago, Cglenn said:

I'm really glad you brought this up as it is my main concern.  

Getting out of a 2019 Tundra that should be good to go for 250k more miles with few (if any) issues and into a truck that was manufactured during a time when there are many & varied commodity restraints.   The devil I know is not too bad...terrible fuel economy, lousy tech, fair/good towing but, zero issues in 3+ years.

9 hours ago, Cglenn said:

I have had one of these and unfortunately I have to get another at no fault of Ford's, honestly I am still here today because how safe these things are.  Check out my post for details.

The only two complaints I had was the orange peel and the wireless charger.  I have bought several trucks through the years and they have all had the same issue with orange peel.  Not a huge deal but it is a 90K pickup.  i expect a bit more in the quality range of something that expensive.  Fixable mind you just annoying it has to be fixed.  The wireless charger will not charge if you have it connected to your truck and using all the options including GPS.  This causes too much heat when you add the charging into it and it shuts down the charger.  I have tried this on several different phones mostly Apple and Samsung.  Latest gens.  

So one issue that is controlled by Ford and the other is a supplier/design issue.  My two cents.