First Look at Fusion Active?

Here's Our First Look At The Ford Fusion Active, For Real This Time

https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/heres-our-first-look-at-the-ford-fusion-active-for-real-this-time/

Over the past couple of years, there have been multiple mules and prototypes purported to be the Ford Fusion Active, The Blue Oval’s upcoming Subaru Outback competitor. However, each time, those prototypes have turned out to be other models. However, these latest photos captured by Ford Authority spies do in fact depict the real Ford Fusion Active, giving us our first look at the more utilitarian version of the sedan that used to bear the Fusion name.

Ford Fusion Active_2020-05-05.jpg

• Like 2

• ice-capades changed the title to First Look at Fusion Active
33 minutes ago, akirby said:

Well there is the Edge replacement.

I don’t see a tailpipe but I do see a muffler.

Maybe they’ll build it at FLATROCK.  Will it be EV hybrid and gas??? Gues we will find out soon! 

36 minutes ago, akirby said:

Flatrock is the logical choice if it fits, otherwise Louisville.

How many more damn wagons does ford need?? Would’ve rather seen a new actual fusion I get the sedan thing but whatever 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

How many more damn wagons does ford need?? Would’ve rather seen a new actual fusion I get the sedan thing but whatever 

Well it will slot as an Edge replacement...and people want the Wagon/CUV format vs Sedans...esp if they are paying $40K for it. 

50 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Well it will slot as an Edge replacement...and people want the Wagon/CUV format vs Sedans...esp if they are paying $40K for it. 

Ya I get it they have to build what is in the highest demand profit segment. 

That vehicle is not the Fusion Active at all. Again, that vehicle hasn’t been seen in the Cycle Plan and I don’t believe is being carried forward. 

The vehicle in these photos has the Lincoln mesh grille and is most likely the next gen Nautilus. It has a similar shape to this. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExplorerDude said:

That vehicle is not the Fusion Active at all. Again, that vehicle hasn’t been seen in the Cycle Plan and I don’t believe is being carried forward. 

The vehicle in these photos has the Lincoln mesh grille and is most likely the next gen Nautilus. It has a similar shape to this. 

Makes sense, the tapering roofline is certainly a Lincoln styling motif at this point. There might even be a little bit of the Star concept showing itself in the styling.

If this is the next Nautilus, does that mean it will be an EV?

1 hour ago, ExplorerDude said:

A little birdie told me a while back that the second planned vehicle for FRAP was cancelled around September of last year. I believe that was what we've been referring to as Fusion Active. 

Maybe it will be both Edge and Fusion... Ford will probably call this SUV "Edge" in China because Fusion name is neither known or relevant there and Mondeo is still around as a sedan.

And it will be called Mondeo Active in Europe and Fusion Active in North America. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

A little birdie told me a while back that the second planned vehicle for FRAP was cancelled around September of last year. I believe that was what we've been referring to as Fusion Active. 

I know they're planning for a second shift sometime in the next year or two.  I don't know if that is for the Mustang only or the Mustang and another vehicle. 

36 minutes ago, Footballfan said:

I know they're planning for a second shift sometime in the next year or two.  I don't know if that is for the Mustang only or the Mustang and another vehicle. 

If that's based on that announcement that was made 2-3 years ago that plan has long since changed. A contact I have at UAW-Intl. suggested to me it's status quo at FRAP for the foreseeable future. Now granted I've heard they do have a lot of extra manpower there that they’re holding onto for god knows what reason so I guess anything is possible. I don't see Mustang alone supporting 2 shifts even if S650 takes off back to 2015 levels. 

4 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

Geez, it has to be really frustrated to work at Ford right now. Especially as an engineer or designer. It seems like they keep making plans for future products, developing these vehicles for months or years, and then canceling them. The Lincoln rivian thing which was apparently spectacular looking, the bronco pickup, the fusion active, the next gen edge, and countless other programs we don't know about. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

If that's based on that announcement that was made 2-3 years ago that plan has long since changed. A contact I have at UAW-Intl. suggested to me it's status quo at FRAP for the foreseeable future. Now granted I've heard they do have a lot of extra manpower there that they’re holding onto for god knows what reason so I guess anything is possible. I don't see Mustang alone supporting 2 shifts even if S650 takes off back to 2015 levels. 

I've heard this info recently.  Then again who knows what ford management is thinking.  They change plans as often as most people change their socks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

It doesn't have a grill at all-its empty in that area.

The other thing is (this might be a stretch) it also doesn't have a clamshell style rear hatch going by how the camo is applied.