First Look at Fusion Active?

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

Geez, it has to be really frustrated to work at Ford right now. Especially as an engineer or designer. It seems like they keep making plans for future products, developing these vehicles for months or years, and then canceling them. The Lincoln rivian thing which was apparently spectacular looking, the bronco pickup, the fusion active, the next gen edge, and countless other programs we don't know about. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again good ole FOMOCO loves to change plans! 

• Haha 1

I’ve often wondered about the CD6 Edge and Ford’s claim that it wasn’t viable due to costs when Edge sells in similar price bracket to the larger Explorer.

Maybe Ford has hopes of moving Edge buyers into Fusion Sport or maybe the Explorer at a similar  price? 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

Notice that Zephyr sedan also has no visible tailpipe.  

I think we’re seeing the next Chinese built Nautilus that will mimic the Zephyr sedan and be imported here.

Maybe they could also Import Zephyr?  

yeah the recent design trend has been to hide the pipes again.

32 minutes ago, akirby said:

Until you have to clean off the soot.  Are the later versions better with that?  It was bad on my 2013 2.0L.

I've had it a little over a year and have had zero soot on the bumper. The car is white too so it wouldn't be hidden at all. 2020 2.0L AWD

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

19 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've had it a little over a year and have had zero soot on the bumper. The car is white too so it wouldn't be hidden at all. 2020 2.0L AWD

I think the early 2.0 ecoboosts had to run rich to keep the heads cool which they fixed with the 2nd Gen versions.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I like how they’re integrated into the bumper cover in my fusion. 

some companies like Audi/VW have been hiding the actual exhaust behind the bumper low and then putting faux chrome “outlets” in the bumper that kind of look like they might be an exhaust but arent

28 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

some companies like Audi/VW have been hiding the actual exhaust behind the bumper low and then putting faux chrome “outlets” in the bumper that kind of look like they might be an exhaust but arent

Ford is doing that with some vehicles like Explorer where the exhaust exits down and the tips are decorative.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, akirby said:

I think we’re seeing the next Chinese built Nautilus that will mimic the Zephyr sedan and be imported here.

Sorry.  No Chinese built crap for me especially when you'll be charging $50k+ for it and you have room in the US to build it...

22 minutes ago, Footballfan said:

Sorry.  No Chinese built crap for me especially when you'll be charging $50k+ for it and you have room in the US to build it...

A more logical manufacturing location may be Louisville with Escape and Corsair, especially if all are C2 and particularly now that Ford no longer exports Lincoln’s to China.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

Over on GMI, Borg reckons that this is the ‘24 Nautilus, (the Fusion Active does not exist) and could be something that Ford would consider if there’s no BEV Nautilus. If Ford/Lincoln chose to combine mid-sized 2-row and 3-row Utilities, then there be no need for Edge/Nautilis as a separate vehicle type.

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Over on GMI, Borg reckons that this is the ‘24 Nautilus, (the Fusion Active does not exist) and could be something that Ford would consider if there’s no BEV Nautilus. If Ford/Lincoln chose to combine mid-sized 2-row and 3-row Utilities, then there be no need for Edge/Nautilis as a separate vehicle type.

We know there is a BEV Corsair and Aviator so what do you think will be the other Lincoln BEVs then??? I believe the Nautilus nameplate isn’t dead yet. Maybe ICE version is I think there will be an electric one.

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

A more logical manufacturing location may be Louisville with Escape and Corsair, especially if all are C2 and particularly now that Ford no longer exports Lincoln’s to China.

I thought about that earlier since Corsair is already there,  Volume should be low enough to make it work.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, akirby said:

I thought about that earlier since Corsair is already there,  Volume should be low enough to make it work.

Yes, it makes perfect sense to group a few C2s together as it helps balance out some natural ebb and flow of production in less unusual times 

I think Ford can easily host another C2 utility at either of the two C2 plants in North America. Hermosilo will get Transit Connect (at least that was the plan) so Louisville may see this one. 

Hermosilo: Bronco Sport + Maverick + Transit Connect

Louisville: Escape + Corsair + ???

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bzcat said:

I think Ford can easily host another C2 utility at either of the two C2 plants in North America. Hermosilo will get Transit Connect (at least that was the plan) so Louisville may see this one. 

Hermosilo: Bronco Sport + Maverick + Transit Connect

Louisville: Escape + Corsair + ???

Keep an eye on the UAW contract negotiations next year, that should answer a few of these questions if a formal announcement isn't made before then. 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, akirby said:

You guys can buy a Chinese built ford I WILL NOT!

• Like 5

On 5/6/2022 at 11:07 AM, akirby said:

Would love to see that. I think we're only a few short years away from seeing the pendulum swing back towards sedans and hatchbacks becoming popular again. 

34 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Would love to see that. I think we're only a few short years away from seeing the pendulum swing back towards sedans and hatchbacks becoming popular again. 

That’s just wishful thinking though - there is nothing to suggest that’s likely.

• Like 1