Locking-in Exclusive Cash Offer

Hello,

Two months after my dealer ordered a 2022 Expedition for me, I received a $3,000 Exclusive Cash Offer from Ford. The offer expired 4/4/22, before I received and was able to purchase the vehicle. Actually I still have not received it, just got the email claiming it has been built and awaiting shipment.

My dealer says they cannot lock-in the Exclusive Cash Offer because it came after the vehicle was ordered.

To those familiar with how this works, does that sound correct? Am I out of luck with that offer?

Below is the fine print from the offer.

*New 2021/2022/2023 vehicles: Excludes Bronco,™ E Transit, F 150 Lightning,™ F 150 Raptor,® Mustang Mach 1, Mustang Mach E® and Mustang Shelby® GT500.® May not combine with other private or commercial offers, conquest cash, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D Plan ineligible. Nontransferable out of household. Limit one per household. U.S. residents. Prior purchases not eligible. Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer’s stock by 4/4/22. See dealer for details.

Thanks

Dennis