New Ranger Order Not Scheduled

1 hour ago, Ford4Me2 said:

Ordered truck on 2/22/22 been 10 weeks and no schedule date or VIN number.  Is this normal?  If scheduling is 4 to 6 weeks out should I add that time to it once I finally receive a VIN?  Thanks

Per akirby, talk to your Dealer. FYI... VIN numbers and the assigned production week are assigned when the vehicle is scheduled. 

It probably depends on the vehicle. I ordered my Escape on 4/1/22 and have a VIN and scheduled production the week of 5/31. I also have a small dealership that placed the order. I'm praying I don't get bumped another week. My production week went from 5/16 to 5/23 in the same day. The following week, they bumped it to week of 5/31.  Good luck on your truck.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ford4Me2 said:

Ordered truck on 2/22/22 been 10 weeks and no schedule date or VIN number.  Is this normal?  If scheduling is 4 to 6 weeks out should I add that time to it once I finally receive a VIN?  Thanks

lol if you ordered a F 150 Raptor like it did... 10 weeks is just getting started lol! Raptors at this point don't get delivered for almost close to 8-10 months from order to delivered

Edited by RapZilla
  • Sad 1

Geez. Every time I mention the fact that I ordered a vehicle, I am suddenly blessed with  an email from Ford pushing my build week yet another week. The plant schedule shows all weeks of June are for scheduled production. I can only hope that I land on one of those weeks. Quite disappointing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 5:25 PM, MyGreatEscape said:

It probably depends on the vehicle. I ordered my Escape on 4/1/22 and have a VIN and scheduled production the week of 5/31. I also have a small dealership that placed the order. I'm praying I don't get bumped another week. My production week went from 5/16 to 5/23 in the same day. The following week, they bumped it to week of 5/31.  Good luck on your truck.

I guess it does depend on the vehicle. I ordered a Nautilus the beginning of this month and got a VIN end of last week and scheduled currently for the week of June 20th. Now, I'm not sure if I want it due to lack of availability on the 22 way seats. I now also have an F-150 Tremor on order that they did a spec change from an existing canceled order.

I was under the assumption as well that when your VIN shows up, it would be scheduled within the newly scheduled weeks of production. However that didn't seem to be the case with mine. Escape PHEV, ordered on Apr 19th. Showed up on dealers website with Vin May 13th, when late July was being scheduled. Contacted my dealer a week later, and was told it's been scheduled for the June 12th week. Fingers crossed, It'll be built in two weeks and I'll have a window sticker and estimated delivery date.

15 hours ago, Ford4Me2 said:

4 Weeks have past since I posted about my Ranger now being scheduled.  Still unscheduled and not other update..........Been on order for 3 1/2 months

Scheduled or unscheduled? If you have a VIN number, it's scheduled which your Dealer can confirm via the Vehicle Visibility report which will also show the initial scheduled production week. 

5 hours ago, Gorthek said:

I was under the assumption as well that when your VIN shows up, it would be scheduled within the newly scheduled weeks of production. However that didn't seem to be the case with mine. Escape PHEV, ordered on Apr 19th. Showed up on dealers website with Vin May 13th, when late July was being scheduled. Contacted my dealer a week later, and was told it's been scheduled for the June 12th week. Fingers crossed, It'll be built in two weeks and I'll have a window sticker and estimated delivery date.

The VIN number is assigned at the same time the order is scheduled, along with the initial assigned production week. Your Dealer can confirm the current status via the Vehicle Visibility reporting system which they can access 24/7.

• ice-capades changed the title to New Ranger Order Not Scheduled
4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Scheduled or unscheduled? If you have a VIN number, it's scheduled which your Dealer can confirm via the Vehicle Visibility report which will also show the initial scheduled production week. 

Mine is still unscheduled.  I do not have a VIN number.

19 hours ago, Ford4Me2 said:

4 Weeks have past since I posted about my Ranger now being scheduled.  Still unscheduled and not other update..........Been on order for 3 1/2 months

Welcome to the new reality of retail ordering a new vehicle. If you read many of the threads on the forum you will find this is the norm, due to commodity restraint, which are more than chip shortages.

I waited 7 months for my F-450 to receive a VIN and over 8 months from order to delivery. One of our neighbours has a Bronco on order and he is about 4.5 months and has no VIN.

Purchasing a new vehicle is certainly a test of patience.

1 hour ago, Ford4Me2 said:

Mine is still unscheduled.  I do not have a VIN number.

After 3.5 months for a retail Ranger order, you should have a VIN number and scheduled production week by now. Have you talked to your Dealer about how many unscheduled Ranger retail orders are ahead of you, your priority code, and any information on why your order hasn't been scheduled yet?  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

After 3.5 months for a retail Ranger order, you should have a VIN number and scheduled production week by now. Have you talked to your Dealer about how many unscheduled Ranger retail orders are ahead of you, your priority code, and any information on why your order hasn't been scheduled yet?  

Yes I have been in contact with them and they said there was nothing they could do just have to wait...... Doesn't seem right?  I have also called the customer service at FMC several time for updates.

45 minutes ago, Ford4Me2 said:

Yes I have been in contact with them and they said there was nothing they could do just have to wait...... Doesn't seem right?  I have also called the customer service at FMC several time for updates.

Ford will only tell you the status information but won't help resolve your scheduling concerns. If you're relying on information from your sales representative, you're talking to the wrong person. At this point, you should be talking directly to the sales manager or general manager for answers. They have access to the latest information. If they don't know why your order hasn't been scheduled yet, they should be talking to their Ford Zone Manger for answers.  

27 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford will only tell you the status information but won't help resolve your scheduling concerns. If you're relying on information from your sales representative, you're talking to the wrong person. At this point, you should be talking directly to the sales manager or general manager for answers. They have access to the latest information. If they don't know why your order hasn't been scheduled yet, they should be talking to their Ford Zone Manger for answers.  

Thanks

Hey there Ford4Me2, your not alone, I ordered my Ranger on 02/21/22, I got my VIN# a few weeks ago and now waiting for them to post my Window Sticker. If I understand some of the post posted here on the forum they should be building Rangers the next few weeks so hopefully we'll both get some good news soon. This is the first new truck I've ever ordered and it sure does check your patients, my salesperson said it could take between 3 to 6 months when I ordered mine so I'm not too concerned yet. 

22 minutes ago, Jerry52 said:

Hey there Ford4Me2, your not alone, I ordered my Ranger on 02/21/22, I got my VIN# a few weeks ago and now waiting for them to post my Window Sticker. If I understand some of the post posted here on the forum they should be building Rangers the next few weeks so hopefully we'll both get some good news soon. This is the first new truck I've ever ordered and it sure does check your patients, my salesperson said it could take between 3 to 6 months when I ordered mine so I'm not too concerned yet. 

I was hoping I wasn't the only one.....This is my 4th or 5th new one but every other time I was able to find one on a lot somewhere(not order).  Our start dates are the same(mine 2/22/22).  Mine is a super crew, 4x4, xlt with chrome and bed liner.  Thanks for the feedback.

I bought a 2020 Ranger XL 4X4 super cab off the lot a few years ago and was really happy with the way it drove and handled so decided to upgrade to the Lariat, Super Crew, FX4, 501A package, Cactus Gray and the Black Appearance package. This should be my last truck I buy and as soon as I pay it off the plan is I can finally retire. Yep hopefully we'll get our trucks about the same time.

• Like 1

I'm waiting on a VIN also 

15 weeks today :(

Silver Scab XL 100A.

Ordered 2/16/22, Confirmed 2/17/22, 2nd Confirmation 4/7/22, "Unscheduled Clean" per Ford chat 4/28/2022

Tow + Lock Diff + Bed Utility + Key Pad + Sliding Rear Window + Mud Flaps + ASS Delete

• Like 1