New Ranger Order Not Scheduled

Hey there again, Ford4me2. I did some reviewing on the forum and Ice-Capades posted on April 25th the Schedule Plans for June and it looks like they will be building Rangers all month in June. When I got my VIN# my dealer gave my my initial scheduled build date for June 6th, I hope it holds up but I'll be checking with my dealer next week and see if he has any updates for me. I've been checking the Ford Tracking site and no Window sticker has been released yet so I'm not sure yet if it will get started next week or not, being the Window Sticker is released anywhere from 1-7 days before the scheduled build date. I'm just hoping it will be built sometime this month. I'm not sure why you haven't gotten a VIN# yet, as mentioned above, keep checking with your dealer. I had to call Ford to update my email address they had on file and while on the phone with them they gave me my VIN#. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jerry52 said:

Hey there again, Ford4me2. I did some reviewing on the forum and Ice-Capades posted on April 25th the Schedule Plans for June and it looks like they will be building Rangers all month in June. When I got my VIN# my dealer gave my my initial scheduled build date for June 6th, I hope it holds up but I'll be checking with my dealer next week and see if he has any updates for me. I've been checking the Ford Tracking site and no Window sticker has been released yet so I'm not sure yet if it will get started next week or not, being the Window Sticker is released anywhere from 1-7 days before the scheduled build date. I'm just hoping it will be built sometime this month. I'm not sure why you haven't gotten a VIN# yet, as mentioned above, keep checking with your dealer. I had to call Ford to update my email address they had on file and while on the phone with them they gave me my VIN#. 

Yep I was calling Ford directly for about 4 weeks straight.  I have not call them in the last 2 or 3 weeks.  Might give them a buzz today if I find a slow point.  Good luck!!!

delaware, you should have a VIN# assigned to you buy now, as stated above you just need to ask the right person. Being were all in the same time frame, (you, me and Ford4me2) depending on dealer allocations, and as stated above, it is all about patients now. Just having someone to be able to chat with and knowing that were not alone does seem to help, at least it does for me. Finding and joining this forum has already helped me out a lot. Hopefully this will be a good month for us, I'll post any updates I get this month here on this thread. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new scheduled date of June 20th, my sales person is off until Wednesday so I'll have him check the Vehicle Visibility Report and have him check the status again. I've been checking the Ford Vehicle Tracking site and nothing has changed on that yet. Maybe Wednesday I'll have Ice-Capades check if my window sticker has been released yet. I'll touch base again in a few days.

• Like 1

No VIN yet. 

Sales manager tells me I need to wait and there's nothing that can change the process. He says no add-ons are an issue (I asked).

Ford says it's Unscheduled Clean (no build issues).  

Edited by delaware

delaware- That's not good news, I'm at 14 weeks since I ordered my Ranger and I got my VIN# about a month ago, I just emailed my sales person and asked him to check the Visibility Report again and see if there are any new updates, I'm scheduled for June 20th now (hopefully that date holds up) I also check the Ford Order Tracking site, no updates on there either. Yesterday I requested to see if my Window Sticker has been released yet and Ice-Capades checked and it hasn't been released yet. If I get any updates this week I'll post them. There's a lot of information here on the BOF about the ordering and the scheduling process, if you have time to read through them maybe you can find some information that can help you find out what's taking so long to get the VIN#.  

1 hour ago, delaware said:

No VIN yet. 

Sales manager tells me I need to wait and there's nothing that can change the process. He says no add-ons are an issue (I asked).

Ford says it's Unscheduled Clean (no build issues).  

I am in the same boat.  No VIN number and told no issues just have to wait..........

• Like 1

Update: I got my Window Sticker and the Ford Vehicle Tracking site has the truck listed in production now. I'll be keeping in touch with my sales person and hopefully he will keep me updated on any changes on the Vehicle Visibility Report. Any updates for you delaware or Ford4Me2?

3 hours ago, Jerry52 said:

Update: I got my Window Sticker and the Ford Vehicle Tracking site has the truck listed in production now. I'll be keeping in touch with my sales person and hopefully he will keep me updated on any changes on the Vehicle Visibility Report. Any updates for you delaware or Ford4Me2?

Talked to Ford CS yesterday and nothing has changed.  My order is still listed as clear and awaiting scheduling.  No VIN yet......Glad to hear your order is moving.  

50 minutes ago, Ford4Me2 said:

Talked to Ford CS yesterday and nothing has changed.  My order is still listed as clear and awaiting scheduling.  No VIN yet......Glad to hear your order is moving.  

A VIN number is assigned at the time an order is scheduled so, without it, an order remains unscheduled. 

Great news delaware! Thanks for the update, now Ford4Me2 needs to get his VIN#. It sure feels good when things move forward, like many other post I've read here, the wait is worth it. Hopefully July and August will be good months for us. My Blend date is today and then it will get the spray-in bed liner next week or so, so hopefully July should be a good month for me.

• Like 1

Great news for you too thanks for the update. Good to hear things are moving on your Ranger now. I believe my rig was built last Friday and hopefully it will get the spray in bed liner this week, and be loaded on a rail car in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

At least now you have your VIN#, build date and ETA. I never got any emails from Ford on my Ranger being my email wasn't entered at the beginning correctly and still don't have a ETA on mine yet, but it's supposed to be getting shipped soon and then I'll keep in touch with my sales person and the Ford Tracking site, other Rangers have been getting delivered to my dealer in about 3or 4 weeks after being built so hopefully that will hold up for mine too.

Thanks for the phone number I'll check it out. When I have my dealer check the VVR I'll compare the ETA's. I'll let you know when I get the information. Update, just called Ford CS and they gave me an ETA of August 3rd, so as I mentioned in my last post that's about what I expected for my area, if all goes good.

Edited by Jerry52
Update information
  • Like 1

Ford4Me2....I've been using that site to follow my Ranger the whole time and haven't had any problems. Are you trying the (Ford Vehicle Ordering Tracking) site or a different site? As long as you enter the dealer (Order Code) and the VIN# it should at least tell you the current status. Maybe, double check your paperwork and make sure the Order code is correct and the VIN#. Maybe someone else on the forum has some ideas too you can try. Let us know if you get it figured out.  

7 hours ago, Jerry52 said:

You need to use the Order Code, I bet it will work now. let us now. My sales code also starts with a "F" my order code starts with a "D" and three numbers.

Sales Code is just the dealer number in Ford's system.  Order code is order specific.