2022 Ford Explorer, F-150 Among Vehicles Waiting For Chips

53,000 vehicles-many outside, many with the sun blaring down on dash boards, interiors and will have paint surface contamination-included at no extra charge. Of course-GM has a similar situation.  I'm not buying anything that doesn't have a build date that is pass all this mess. I WILL WAIT.....

2 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

53,000 vehicles-many outside, many with the sun blaring down on dash boards, interiors and will have paint surface contamination-included at no extra charge. Of course-GM has a similar situation.  I'm not buying anything that doesn't have a build date that is pass all this mess. I WILL WAIT.....

All of this is just an ongoing mess,  we up here at Oakville were down this week of the 9th and we will not be returning til May 30th. Hopefully they get those explorers and f-150s out now! We’re missing other parts too looms seatbelts this supply chain mess will not finish for the next few years I predict!

Edited by Oacjay98
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

It sounds like chip supplies are ebbing  and flowing every other month, so hopefully these delays in delivery aren’t as long as last year. All those incomplete vehicles are money in the bank the moment they are completed and sent.

On 5/13/2022 at 2:20 PM, CKNSLS said:

So most vehicles spend 95% of their lives outside anyways....

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

So most vehicles spend 95% of their lives outside anyways....

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s hilarious how some people think this is some major problem when they keep their vehicles outside all the time.

I understand it to a point - if you ordered a vehicle, you don't necessarily want it sitting around forever not being operated, and you don't want its sitting in the elements "clock" started sooner.  But I also understand what you guys are saying too.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 12:57 AM, jpd80 said:

It sounds like chip supplies are ebbing  and flowing every other month, so hopefully these delays in delivery aren’t as long as last year. All those incomplete vehicles are money in the bank the moment they are completed and sent.

The CEO of Stellantis is throwing cold water on future high production of BEVs because of this very issue. The raw materials are just not there to reach the high goals for BEV production by 2025. 

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

The CEO of Stellantis is throwing cold water on future high production of BEVs because of this very issue. The raw materials are just not there to reach the high goals for BEV production by 2025. 

Also self serving in his case as they are behind everyone else in the EV transition. If GM display all sorts of issues as they bring their product online this year, that will be very interesting (with apologies to Laugh In).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Also self serving in his case as they are behind everyone else in the EV transition. If GM display all sorts of issues as they bring their product online this year, that will be very interesting (with apologies to Laugh In).

I was just thinking that, GM Ultium platform promises to be huge but at the moment there’s little in the way of actual production, maybe things like supplies and logistics still coming together (65,000 orders for Hummer).

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I understand it to a point - if you ordered a vehicle, you don't necessarily want it sitting around forever not being operated, and you don't want its sitting in the elements "clock" started sooner.  But I also understand what you guys are saying too.

is it really that different from when cars sat on a dealers lot for 6 months plus?

That's when this forum is like the twilight zone. Very few Broncos on going to sit in the conditions like "The Bronco Dirt Mountain lot". Paint contamination at a minimum is a real concern. This is a legitimate issue- but yet in a twilight zone manner it's kissed off- because it's a problem and can't possibly be acknowledge on this forum. And yes many owners do garage their vehicles. Definitely an alternate reality.

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CKNSLS said:

That's when this forum is like the twilight zone. Very few Broncos on going to sit in the conditions like "The Bronco Dirt Mountain lot". Paint contamination at a minimum is a real concern. This is a legitimate issue- but yet in a twilight zone manner it's kissed off- because it's a problem and can't possibly be acknowledge on this forum. And yes many owners do garage their vehicles. 

My Bronco was built in January and arrived at my dealer within 3 days.  Many Broncos from the same build week are still sitting in the holding lot, presumably waiting on chip(s).  If mine was sitting for 3 months+ in a holding lot, I would not take delivery.  I’d just go purchase something else  or place a new order.   But then again, maybe I’m unique and actually give a damn about the paint condition and overall appearance of my vehicles.  For those who feel differently or care less, to each their own.  My 20+ year old Mustang after 100k miles is a good example of my OCD when it comes to caring for my vehicles.  

39420678-B43A-4FEF-AD99-4617AA68B0E7.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

My Bronco was built in January and arrived at my dealer within 3 days.  Many Broncos from the same build week are still sitting in the holding lot, presumably waiting on chip(s).  If mine was sitting for 3 months+ in a holding lot, I would not take delivery.  I’d just go purchase something else  or place a new order.   But then again, maybe I’m unique and actually give a damn about the paint condition and overall appearance of my vehicles.  For those who feel differently or care less, to each their own.  My 20+ year old Mustang after 100k miles is a good example of my OCD when it comes to caring for my vehicles.  

That's a nice ride dude!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CKNSLS said:

That's when this forum is like the twilight zone. Very few Broncos on going to sit in the conditions like "The Bronco Dirt Mountain lot". Paint contamination at a minimum is a real concern. This is a legitimate issue- but yet in a twilight zone manner it's kissed off- because it's a problem and can't possibly be acknowledge on this forum. And yes many owners do garage their vehicles. Definitely an alternate reality.

It is an issue, but in grand scheme of things, how many "average customers" are going to notice?  The other issue is that its affecting EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURE also! Don't take what you would do as what the vast majority of customers want or need to do.
What it boils down to is that the anal retention level of people greatly varies but yet the smallest little bullshit thing (2.7L Bronco engine failures or I saw someone post that their MGV seats had a cloth strip on it where it wears against the center console wasn't there) gets amplified to the point on the internet that its the most terrible thing that ever happened. 

47 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

It is an issue, but in grand scheme of things, how many "average customers" are going to notice?  The other issue is that its affecting EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURE also! Don't take what you would do as what the vast majority of customers want or need to do.
What it boils down to is that the anal retention level of people greatly varies but yet the smallest little bullshit thing (2.7L Bronco engine failures or I saw someone post that their MGV seats had a cloth strip on it where it wears against the center console wasn't there) gets amplified to the point on the internet that its the most terrible thing that ever happened. 

Thank you! You are not in the Twilight Zone! And you make some decent points-Maybe it's just me-But if I'm plucking down $50,000 to $60,000 (or more) on a new F-150 I'm going to be very picky about looking it over before I even sign the finance contract.  I wouldn't take delivery of one with a rusty rear axle either. 

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Nobody said this concern is exclusive to Ford.  You implied that Broncos or F-150’s sitting in random lots (not moving or washed) for 6 months is no different than sitting on a dealer lot.  That’s simply not true.  Educated buyers (and owners) do take to the internet and browse forums to make informed decisions.  Your opinion may differ, but the lack of acknowledgement here isn’t necessarily the only answer.   This is a legitimate concern for some buyers, again, whether you choose to agree with it or not is your choice.  Speaking of concerns, did you take delivery of your “priority build” Bronco?

3 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Good looking car. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Nobody said this concern is exclusive to Ford.  You implied that Broncos or F-150’s sitting in random lots (not moving or washed) for 6 months is no different than sitting on a dealer lot.  That’s simply not true.  Educated buyers (and owners) do take to the internet and browse forums to make informed decisions.  Your opinion may differ, but the lack of acknowledgement here isn’t necessarily the only answer.   This is a legitimate concern for some buyers, again, whether you choose to agree with it or not is your choice.  Speaking of concerns, did you take delivery of your “priority build” Bronco?

Its on the assembly line as we speak. It was started Friday. 

Going back to this whole thing about them sitting around for a few months or whatever...I count myself as someone is "picky" but I'm also a realist too...I know for a fact that cars that driven every day can go months without being washed by their owners (mostly because its winter time) and if was that big of a concern, more people would be refusing delivery of these vehicles.

It boils down to the old saying "picking the pepper out of fly shit"-is it really worth doing or worrying about? The internet makes it really easy to bitch about something (without doing anything about it) 

In the grand scheme of things, it’s nothing that a good clay bar and polish won’t fix and let’s be honest - anyone that anal about their paint is going to do that even on a brand new vehicle.

Is it worse than not sitting for a couple of months?  Of course.  Is it permanent damage?  No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

In the grand scheme of things, it’s nothing that a good clay bar and polish won’t fix and let’s be honest - anyone that anal about their paint is going to do that even on a brand new vehicle.

Is it worse than not sitting for a couple of months?  Of course.  Is it permanent damage?  No.

Agree-the main point is lack of acknowledgment of an issue.  You acknowledge it.  I do question the interior bits (dashboard,etc.) getting the sun (soon to get worse as summer is coming) blaring down on the same spots since these vehicles are not being moved. 

18 minutes ago, CKNSLS said:

I do question the interior bits (dashboard,etc.) getting the sun (soon to get worse as summer is coming) blaring down on the same spots since these vehicles are not being moved. 

There is zero difference in that vs the vehicle sitting on a dealer lot for a few months.  That’s all we’re saying.

• Haha 1