Breach proof door lock/handle 2022 super duty?

So, after waiting not so patiently for my 22 super duty, i finally received it after 9 months.  Don’t even have the dealer tags off it and a low life piece of trash broke into it on a trip to San Antonio.  Does anyone have insight on a high quality door handle/locking mechanism to install to at least make it harder for these scum sucking low life pieces of trash to get in?  In talking to the cops, apparently Ford Super Duty and F-150’s are favorite targets because Ford puts a cheap locking mechanism that is ridiculously easy to defeat.  Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.  

1 hour ago, Rancher-white250 said:

So, after waiting not so patiently for my 22 super duty, i finally received it after 9 months.  Don’t even have the dealer tags off it and a low life piece of trash broke into it on a trip to San Antonio.  Does anyone have insight on a high quality door handle/locking mechanism to install to at least make it harder for these scum sucking low life pieces of trash to get in?  In talking to the cops, apparently Ford Super Duty and F-150’s are favorite targets because Ford puts a cheap locking mechanism that is ridiculously easy to defeat.  Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.  

That is bulls**t!! I wish I had a recommendation but, please consider theft protection for your tailgate and tail lights. I had no idea those were also very popular items for those scumbags!!!

So after visits with police, and my local body shop, I have a much better understanding of the issue. Inside the door handle there are three nylon clips that hold the cylinder in place. Pull out the handle, apply vice grips and a good solid twist and snap, ten seconds and they’re in. Ford trucks are a target in SA because they’re so damn easy. Solution?  Passenger handles are reversible to drivers side but have no cylinder. Yes they can still break the windows but I don’t want to be a target just cuz it’s so damn simple. Only challenge is if your battery completely dies you can’t get in. Working on engineering some leads that run down to the frame so I can connect jumper cables without the hood open. 

• Like 2

Something similar happen to our 1999 Durango about 15 years ago. Wife and I went to a mall to shop for Christmas gifts, when we came out noticed the passenger lock cylinder was missing (That was back when I use to open the door for her....?)I always used the key fob so thought maybe it has been like that for a while, I assumed it just fell out because well it is a dodge and that piece of crap regularly fell apart. Nothing was damaged and there was nothing in there to steal so thought nothing of it.

That week I took door apart to put the lock back in and saw how the plastic tabs that hold the cylinder in place were snapped off....started looking and saw how easy it was to break in.

Hit the lock in....reach in 2" with needle nose pliers and grab rod that attaches to the cylinder and push ....done.

Thieves suck!

On 5/7/2022 at 5:07 AM, Rancher-white250 said:

Only challenge is if your battery completely dies you can’t get in. Working on engineering some leads that run down to the frame so I can connect jumper cables without the hood open. 

Perhaps add one of these to your battery with the connector mounted in your grill. 

731763073_Screenshot_20220508-082223_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.930aa986b0ba7d4676e2b41e0b8816d4.jpg

Then keep one of these handy if you get a dead battery. 

899459380_Screenshot_20220508-082313_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.47b34311b8bab04479f9a83c2b9fe4aa.jpg

Also nice for hooking up a trickle charger if you want. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2022 at 7:27 PM, 4thTimer said:

What did they steal inside? 

I live in SA. What part of town was this?  About what time do you know?

Sorry, I've been offline for a while.  They stole a Nebo flashlight (left a $1,000 pair of binoculars right next to it).  They also pulled out the owners manual. Did the same in the truck next to me.  Police said they are after the card with the master door code because it can't be overwritten.  Fortunately I had taken mine out.  It happened at the Holiday Inn Express on University Heights by the FBI headquarters 5:30 in the afternoon (broad daylight).  @iuec135elevator asked about the horn/alarm.  It happened literally 1 minute after we arrived.  We grabbed our bags and went in to check in.  As i stepped up to the front desk, I heard the alarm.  Never dreaming my truck had been broken into, I assumed I must have hit the panic button on my fob, and being the courteous type, not wanting to disturb other guests, I stepped to the front door, and hit the button to kill the alarm.  Never actually looked at the truck.  I am sure the thieves appreciated my not wanting to disturb others.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Rancher-white250 said:

Sorry, I've been offline for a while.  They stole a Nebo flashlight (left a $1,000 pair of binoculars right next to it).  They also pulled out the owners manual. Did the same in the truck next to me.  Police said they are after the card with the master door code because it can't be overwritten.  Fortunately I had taken mine out.  It happened at the Holiday Inn Express on University Heights by the FBI headquarters 5:30 in the afternoon (broad daylight).  @iuec135elevator asked about the horn/alarm.  It happened literally 1 minute after we arrived.  We grabbed our bags and went in to check in.  As i stepped up to the front desk, I heard the alarm.  Never dreaming my truck had been broken into, I assumed I must have hit the panic button on my fob, and being the courteous type, not wanting to disturb other guests, I stepped to the front door, and hit the button to kill the alarm.  Never actually looked at the truck.  I am sure the thieves appreciated my not wanting to disturb others.

So they'd have taken the whole truck if they'd have gotten the card? Good thing you took it out.

That's not what I would consider a bad area.

• 1 month later...

I’m not sure where to ask this question, this topic seems the most appropriate.  I purchased the Jimmi Jammers for my yet to be delivery truck. Before I attempt to install, I’d like to order some spare door panel clips cause I’m sure some will break, even when using caution. Does anyone have a part number or description on these clips?  I’m not trusting the quick Google and Amazon search I’ve done.