Ford Selling 8 Million Shares of Rivian Stock

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

With Rivian shares at an all time low, I can't decide if now is the time to buy, or if I should wait for them to keep dropping. Don't see the stock getting too much cheaper than it is currently.

Looking at my Ford and Amazon stock and in profilo in general...I wonder if we have hit the bottom yet or if the market will keep tanking. 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Looking at my Ford and Amazon stock and in profilo in general...I wonder if we have hit the bottom yet or if the market will keep tanking. 

If we had a crystal ball, I'd have sold a bit ago when things were higher.  Held off, and buy low again......alas hindsight is always 20/20

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've read and heard a lot of comparisons being made to 07-08 ?

12 hours ago, rmc523 said:

If we had a crystal ball, I'd have sold a bit ago when things were higher.  Held off, and buy low again......alas hindsight is always 20/20

Yeah I'm not sweating it too much, I still have at least another 15 years or so before I can even considering retiring...

• ice-capades changed the title to Ford Selling 8 Million Shares of Rivian Stock
36 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

Technically, I’m retired now but I’m working part time.  Another 12 months and I’ll “probably’ retire for good. 

I do woodworking now so I’ll be building and selling cutting boards, small furniture, etc. but I don’t consider that work……

• Like 1

It looks like Rivian's future is questionable.  Other large investors are bailing also.  This seems mostly unrelated to overall market trends and more related to Rivian finally admitting real numbers for forecast deliveries and revenue this year.

2 hours ago, Tico said:

It looks like Rivian's future is questionable.  Other large investors are bailing also.  This seems mostly unrelated to overall market trends and more related to Rivian finally admitting real numbers for forecast deliveries and revenue this year.

It’s too bad. They had some nice features and developments for the standard truck. Maybe other manufacturers will incorporate them in future offerings. 

12 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I've seen a couple of them around, they do look like a good product from the outside.

Rivian reports today after market closes. So we will learn more about how production is going. With Amazon ordering 100,000 Rivian vans, I would Rivian will somehow stay in business if it can somehow increase production as year continues. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Rivian reports today after market closes. So we will learn more about how production is going. With Amazon ordering 100,000 Rivian vans, I would Rivian will somehow stay in business if it can somehow increase production as year continues. 

You watch, Ford will keeps selling down stock, hopefully make a small profit and then once it  has no interest in Rivian, the stock will take off again.

5 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Rivian is in good shape. Highlights from Q1 2022 Shareholder letter shown below. Rivian-Q1-2022-Shareholder-Letter.pdf

rivian Q12022.PNG

23 minutes ago, 7Mary3 said:

Brand new BrightDrop Zevo 600's were spotted at an Amazon facility in Michigan.  I am taking that as a bad sign for Rivian. 

Amazon uses alot of trucks-they had a bunch of Dodge trucks that have seemed to disappear from my area, replaced by Fords

1 hour ago, 7Mary3 said:

Brand new BrightDrop Zevo 600's were spotted at an Amazon facility in Michigan.  I am taking that as a bad sign for Rivian. 

Amazon has already made it clear that they are not putting all of their proverbial eggs in one proverbial EV parcel truck basket.  They don't intend to be exclusive with Rivian.  Could even see some E-Transits in their fleet at some point (they already use ICE Transits).

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Amazon uses alot of trucks-they had a bunch of Dodge trucks that have seemed to disappear from my area, replaced by Fords

Every Amazon truck that comes into my area is a Transit and there are a lot of them. Everyone around here including my wife is addicted to Amazon. Waiting to see the first EV Transit in action. 

Friday, May 13th - Ford Sells More Shares of EV Maker Rivian

The sale reduces the shares Ford holds to 86.9 million

Ford sold 7 million shares for about $188.2 million, or $26.88 apiece, according to a regulatory filing on Friday.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ford-sells-more-shares-ev-maker-rivian

Rivian_NASDAQ_2022-05-13.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content