Multi Contour Seats on SD

ICE...in another thread you stated...

2022MY EXPEDITION

• Retail and Stock orders with Multi-Contour Seats interior trim codes Light Sandstone Luxury Leather (SA), Carmelo Luxury Leather (SV) and Black Onyx Luxury Leather (SH) (Standard on Platinum only) will not be selected for scheduling.  Unscheduled Platinum retail and stock orders currently in the system will need to add Multi-Contour seat delete Interior trim options Light Sand – Luxury Leather 3 (RA), Carmelo – Luxury Leather 3 (RV), or Black Onyx Luxury Leather 3 (RH).  These options are now available in WBDO but are not being selected for scheduling.  We will notify dealers once the options are available for scheduling.

The wording is a little confusing to me.  It sounds like that in order to get a 2022 Expedition Platinum scheduled, we will need to delete the multicontour seats but the last statement says that if you use WBDO to delete the seats, it won't get scheduled.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Also, since these are essentially the same seats that are in the Super Duty pickups, should we infer that this announcement will also apply to Super Duty Platinum orders?

Inquiring minds.....

59 minutes ago, Glenn in AZ said:

ICE...in another thread you stated...

2022MY EXPEDITION

• Retail and Stock orders with Multi-Contour Seats interior trim codes Light Sandstone Luxury Leather (SA), Carmelo Luxury Leather (SV) and Black Onyx Luxury Leather (SH) (Standard on Platinum only) will not be selected for scheduling.  Unscheduled Platinum retail and stock orders currently in the system will need to add Multi-Contour seat delete Interior trim options Light Sand – Luxury Leather 3 (RA), Carmelo – Luxury Leather 3 (RV), or Black Onyx Luxury Leather 3 (RH).  These options are now available in WBDO but are not being selected for scheduling.  We will notify dealers once the options are available for scheduling.

The wording is a little confusing to me.  It sounds like that in order to get a 2022 Expedition Platinum scheduled, we will need to delete the multicontour seats but the last statement says that if you use WBDO to delete the seats, it won't get scheduled.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Also, since these are essentially the same seats that are in the Super Duty pickups, should we infer that this announcement will also apply to Super Duty Platinum orders?

Inquiring minds.....

The Multi-Contour Seats will not be selected for scheduling. The option is still available in WBDO but orders with the option will not be scheduled at this time.

If you have a question on a Super Duty order, I'd advise talking to the Dealer about the status of the Multi-Contour Seats for that vehicle's particular specifications, order status, order date, etc.   

On 5/9/2022 at 2:02 PM, ice-capades said:

The Multi-Contour Seats will not be selected for scheduling. The option is still available in WBDO but orders with the option will not be scheduled at this time.

If you have a question on a Super Duty order, I'd advise talking to the Dealer about the status of the Multi-Contour Seats for that vehicle's particular specifications, order status, order date, etc.   

The same thing is happening with Nautilus. I called Lincoln to see if they had any update and the rep told me "oh you can order the Ultra Comfort seats". I told her my sales advisor tried and it wouldn't accept the build. So, she calls the sales manager at my dealership to see what he has to say. After talking to him, she called me back and said, " I guess you can't order them". Seems like nobody knows what's going on with this stuff.

7 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

The same thing is happening with Nautilus. I called Lincoln to see if they had any update and the rep told me "oh you can order the Ultra Comfort seats". I told her my sales advisor tried and it wouldn't accept the build. So, she calls the sales manager at my dealership to see what he has to say. After talking to him, she called me back and said, " I guess you can't order them". Seems like nobody knows what's going on with this stuff.

It's not easy keeping up with all the product content changes as Ford keeps sending out updates and revisions to previous announcements.