Hard not to consider, right?

51 minutes ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

It’s a dick move, if you’re a dick then consider the move, otherwise carry on like somebody who doesn’t take advantage of their peers. 

Simmer down, it's just a bit of commentary on the current state of affairs.  

Plenty of idiots out there willing to pay an ignorance tax.  IF a used market existed I would 100% consider, but it doesn't... whiiiich is why I bought new.  If there was a used market we wouldn't see this scenario to begin with.  

I like my truck.   I also like that it will hold value far more appropriately than the guy who just paid 80k for a used 2017 6.7 with 80K miles.

?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stevenc said:

Simmer down, it's just a bit of commentary on the current state of affairs.  

Plenty of idiots out there willing to pay an ignorance tax.  IF a used market existed I would 100% consider, but it doesn't... whiiiich is why I bought new.  If there was a used market we wouldn't see this scenario to begin with.  

I like my truck.   I also like that it will hold value far more appropriately than the guy who just paid 80k for a used 2017 6.7 with 80K miles.

?

I’m just saying, it’s easy not to consider it. Taking advantage of our peers and like minded folks is like the people who hoarded toilet paper during covid lockdowns. I’m sure we’re all happy our trucks are holding value. 

42 minutes ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

I’m just saying, it’s easy not to consider it. Taking advantage of our peers and like minded folks is like the people who hoarded toilet paper during covid lockdowns. I’m sure we’re all happy our trucks are holding value. 

How is this taking advantage of someone?  Nobody is holding a gun to their heads.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, akirby said:

How is this taking advantage of someone?  Nobody is holding a gun to their heads.

Obviously not, but the people hurt most by this behaviour are the small businesses that need trucks to survive. Of course there are the high rollers that just want a truck now, and are willing to pay to skip the line. I believe that they’re the minority   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

Obviously not, but the people hurt most by this behaviour are the small businesses that need trucks to survive. Of course there are the high rollers that just want a truck now, and are willing to pay to skip the line. I believe that they’re the minority   

There is no “behavior” - just people buying trucks at market value.  Simple supply and demand.  No need to call anybody out for it.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, akirby said:

There is no “behavior” - just people buying trucks at market value.  Simple supply and demand.  No need to call anybody out for it.

Flipping brand new trucks for a profit is definitely “behaviour”. People are regularly complaining that dealers are charging large markups over MSRP, how is it any different when private parties are doing the same thing?

Edited by Dr-Bear-PhD

15 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

2 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

Flipping brand new trucks for a profit is definitely “behaviour”. People are regularly complaining that dealers are charging large markups over MSRP, how is it any different when private parties are doing the same thing?

Anyone willing to pay that much isnt my peer ?

You may as well just go on an entire rant about capitalism and supply/demand.  You better not sell your house for a profit after that speech.  

As far as “flipping” the truck… anyone that waited months for a good deal has every right to make money from anyone willing to pay an up charge for the luxury of not waiting.  How much is your time worth?  Mine certainly isn’t free.

Edited by MAFFS89
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

It certainly appears I’m in the minority here, let’s all just agree to disagree as grown-ups from opposing clans

There's nothing to agree or disagree about here. You obviously don't understand supply and demand and then decided to come riding in here on your high horse to disparage anyone that does. Lol

Edited by TheFatInTheHat
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MAFFS89 said:

Anyone willing to pay that much isnt my peer ?

You may as well just go on an entire rant about capitalism and supply/demand.  You better not sell your house for a profit after that speech.  

As far as “flipping” the truck… anyone that waited months for a good deal has every right to make money from anyone willing to pay an up charge for the luxury of not waiting.  How much is your time worth?  Mine certainly isn’t free.

That’s right same with the housing market. If my house appraises for way more than normal, I’m going sell it for the highest price I can get. Somebody out there will buy it. I’m not going to sell it for a much lower price just to make it fare for everyone. That’s participation  trophy way of thing.

Edited by King ranch 62
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I get that the OP was just illustrating an interesting point, it is really an unprecedented situation that is worth noting.  

When we were looking for our truck, it was crazy how the pre-owned prices were at or above costs for new, so we bought new…a pretty simple choice for us.  We traded our F150 in for more than what we bought it for 3 years and 35,000 miles ago.  

I have a 2020 F350 - 6.7 - Platinum - 4x4 - Long Bed -  LOADED with only 15,000 Miles on it.. I've been offered 75k for it.....    I would love to sell it for that but would have to shell out a lot for a replacement.. Not to mention it is camping season and my RV needs to ROLL ! ! !

I will keep my old "20" and be extremely happy every time i drive it ! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

Holding a buyer hostage by adding a last minute ADM is bad behavior.  Selling a personal vehicle at market value is just a business transaction.

It’s like building a house for $300k and as soon as you move in somebody offers you $400k.  Are you a dick for accepting the offer?  Of course not.  Market prices change constantly.  You never complained when you were getting $10k below MSRP.

So let’s knock off all this angst about private transactions.

• Like 6

For me not worth it, figure out everything you have into that truck, taxes, tag, title, this fee that fee anything you bought for the truck already....

If irs starts their audit snooping will they see this transaction  Did you buy it through business or personal....(so figure that in) 

The hassle of waiting for a new one.....again.

Having to deal with the time involved in selling it and people's crap.

In the end you really won't have that much leftover if you figure in all the time and small expenses.

Not worth it in my opinion.

• Like 1

Yep.... Kind of feels like when out in public during covid and not wearing a mask. You always had that 1 person that comes by comes by and yells at you how you're not being responsible and you are putting other people's lives in danger. 

One day later the state says you don't have to wear a mask and those same people that were yelling at you that you are endangering other people....well....they stopped their  righteous garbled  And took their masks off also.

They are on the Internet too.???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2