Hard not to consider, right?

3 hours ago, 4thTimer said:

Karen? 

Oh yeah...I have not worn a mask from day 1. Been asked to leave many stores (and I comply without resentment....their buisness their rules).. I have only put on a mask when I am in company uniform and in a building that told me to do so. I have been sick in 15 years, not even the common cold.....(I have a recipe for that).

Covid was nothing to me but a blessing.... others not so much☹️

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Yep.... Kind of feels like when out in public during covid and not wearing a mask. You always had that 1 person that comes by comes by and yells at you how you're not being responsible and you are putting other people's lives in danger. 

One day later the state says you don't have to wear a mask and those same people that were yelling at you that you are endangering other people....well....they stopped their  righteous garbled  And took their masks off also.

They are on the Internet too.???

I told one in Home Depot, loudly yelling at me and my kids that the only thing putting him in danger was not minding his own business and if he didn’t leave us alone I guaranteed he’d be in the hospital by the end of the day.  

One of the employees told me later they had removed the same guy from the store the day prior and policy was to not get involved.  

Edited by MAFFS89
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2022 at 7:46 AM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

For me not worth it, figure out everything you have into that truck, taxes, tag, title, this fee that fee anything you bought for the truck already....

If irs starts their audit snooping will they see this transaction  Did you buy it through business or personal....(so figure that in) 

The hassle of waiting for a new one.....again.

Having to deal with the time involved in selling it and people's crap.

In the end you really won't have that much leftover if you figure in all the time and small expenses.

Not worth it in my opinion.

You are correct. I depreciate my truck for business, I could turn around and order another new one  and "make" money on the trade. But I lose my depreciation, AND pay Capital Gains on the profit. 

Is it really all that different from people that are trading in 2-3 year old trucks and getting as much or more than they originally paid for them?

If you decide that you don't want to keep the truck once it arrives why not do it, otherwise the dealer is just going to put an ADM on it and make a greater profit.

My dealer told me when I ordered my 22 that if I didn't want it once it came in that they would have no problem selling it, and at a bigger profit since I have X plan and they are going to pay me on trade more than I paid for the 21 I am trading back to them.  They don't mind either way ?

• Like 1

Mine came in last fall and have been loving. However, if someone comes in and offers way above then I have no issue getting rid of it. Mine isn’t a daily driver or a must have, I can live with my 2010.

It is crazy to see how these trucks are appreciating once the leave the dealer. I’m seeing XL models going for 85k. KRs with 5k miles are starting at 110k. But people are willing to pay it, not me, but a lot of people are willing to pay a lot of money. Even with diesel at $5.50 a gallon here where we have some of the cheapest in the country

That’s what they are selling for currently around here. I’ve seen stuff on book and Craigslist for higher but those look like they’re fishing.

I can’t believe it, but that’s the market currently. Some of these companies and people need them so they’re willing to pay it. We aren’t buying/upgrading our company vehicles because you can’t order them anyways and it’s hard to justify these prices currently unless you absolutely need it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evanl said:

That’s what they are selling for currently around here. I’ve seen stuff on book and Craigslist for higher but those look like they’re fishing.

I can’t believe it, but that’s the market currently. Some of these companies and people need them so they’re willing to pay it. We aren’t buying/upgrading our company vehicles because you can’t order them anyways and it’s hard to justify these prices currently unless you absolutely need it.

What state or part of the country?

16 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Just listed my 2022 F350 for sale. I was going to wait until my new truck arrived, but who knows what the market will bring at that time.

Keep us posted on how this goes, I’m curious if you will be able to get these high prices. 

On 5/10/2022 at 10:54 AM, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

I’m just saying, it’s easy not to consider it. Taking advantage of our peers and like minded folks is like the people who hoarded toilet paper during covid lockdowns. I’m sure we’re all happy our trucks are holding value. 

What if, instead of thinking about someone else buying this at a big markup from the buying dealer, we instead think about selling it/sticking it to those dealerships that mark up custom orders to surprised customers who end up walking away so those dealers end up with bloated stock of overpriced vehicles that they'll inevitably lose money on when prices correct?

Shoppers can buy new for a better deal  (more/same truck, less money) or find something somewhere that suits their needs...  If they need something in a pinch, that's a different story. 

For my part, I scored two PS5s last September. One for me, and one I could've resold at a huge markup close to Christmas to subsidize my cost. Instead, I sold it at-cost to someone at work who's tween was going to freak out when he opened his gift. The video I received Christmas morning was way worth it (darn dust?).  I feel like if I sold high, I'd be taking advantage of someone. I don't feel the same about being shrewd in this truck scenario.

I ordered two trucks with different specs. I may just buy both...

• Like 2

On 5/17/2022 at 6:44 AM, tbone said:

Keep us posted on how this goes, I’m curious if you will be able to get these high prices. 

I've been offered $85K for the truck. This is the low end KBB private party value or the high end of the KBB trade in value.