Wards 10 Best Interiors for '22

The CEO signs off on all final designs, that is true at every auto company. CEO's absolutely request design changes during development. 

There's a vehicle coming out at a competitor that virtually no one in design liked where it ended up but was pushed by the CEO and Board member with the design of it. CEO's hold tremendous power when it comes to design.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iamweasel said:

So I was curious about this and reached out to a couple of my friends still at the company, one who actually works in the design studio.  The short answer is Hackett was not very involved in anything with interior design. He was not a car guy and could not really speak the language if you know what I mean.  They rarely even saw him in the studio or anywhere in the Product Development buildings for that matter.  

That does not really surprise me because historically the CEO's have never gotten too big into design details.  That's what the Design and Engineering managers are for and there are plenty of them as it is.  If the CEO had to be hands on with design that just meant the Design and Engineering managers were not good at their jobs.  

Exactly