2023 F-150 BEV Lightning Production Information

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), below is the updated schedule for the 2022/2023MY F-150 BEV Lightning.

• 04/01/2022 - 2022MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 07/28/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/09/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date

•        TBD        - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/04/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/10/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date

The 2023 F-150 BEV Lightning Order Guide will be released on or about the date that the 2023 Order Bank opens and will be available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section at that time. 

• 2 months later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), below is the updated schedule for the 2022/2023MY F-150 BEV Lightning.

• 08/01/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/04/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins

The 2023 F-150 BEV Lightning Order Guide will be released on or about the date that the 2023 Order Bank opens and will be available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section at that time.

All dates are subject to change.  

• 2 weeks later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), below is the updated schedule for the 2022/2023MY F-150 BEV Lightning.

• 08/10/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/04/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins (Update Pending)

The 2023 F-150 BEV Lightning Order Guide will be released on or about the date that the 2023 Order Bank opens and will be available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section at that time.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

• 08/09/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/04/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins (Update Pending)

INFORMATION
23MY F-150 Lightning Order Bank Open Information

ACTION REQUESTED
Inform your teams of Order Bank Open timing and reservation to order details for 23MY F-150 Lightning

SUMMARY
23MY F-150 Lightning pricing and order guides will be published on August 9th. Ford will continue to utilize the Wave Invitation Approach to convert remaining retail reservation holders to orders for 23MY production. Any 22MY invited reservation holder that chose “Extend My Reservation” on an unavailable configuration previously will be prioritized first to be invited to place an order in the month of August.

23MY F-150 Lightning Key Product Updates

• Launch of Police SSV Package for Ford Pro Customers
  • Standard-Range Battery Increases Range to 240 Miles
  • All-New Pro Trailer Hitch Assist Technology included in Tow Technology Package
  • New Paint Colors
    • Avalanche Gray
    • Azure Gray Metallic
  • Removed 22MY Content
    • AM Radio
    • Paint Colors: Iced Blue Silver, Smoked Quartz Metallic, Atlas Blue

Key Dates

• August 9th
    • 23MY F-150 Lightning Price List, Order Guide and Build & Price available
  • August 10th
    • Ford Pro Commercial Customer ordering available
  • August 11th
    • Wave 1 Invitations = All 22MY invited Pro Series “Extend My Reservation” waitlist reservation holders
  • August 24th
    • Wave 2 Invitations = All 22MY invited XLT Series “Extend My Reservation” waitlist reservation holders
  • Mid-September
    • Wave 3 Invitations = First 23MY wave invitation period that will begin to invite remaining unconverted F-150 Lightning reservation holders
      Note: More information will be available in early September for Wave 3 invitation detail as well as 23MY Wave Invite ordering plan for remaining unconverted reservation holders

23MY Retail Reservation to Order Process

• Ford will continue to invite reservation holders to place orders in waves for 23MY ordering
  • F-150 Lightning will continue to leverage both online & offline reservation to order conversion
  • ONLY invited reservation holder orders that are converted (either online & offline) will be selected for scheduling
    • Order Amendments should be made in WBDO
    • CONCEPS orders & amendments will not be accepted (will result in compatibility errors)

22MY to 23MY Model Year Change Over (MYCO) Retail Customer Orders
Through the month of August, scheduling will continue to finalize the remaining weeks of final Build-Out scheduling for 22MY F-150 Lightning. Any unscheduled 22MY F-150 Lightning customer orders that do not schedule in 22MY production will be converted to a 23MY order. Ford is targeting the week of August 22nd to begin the 22MY to 23MY MYCO process for any remaining unscheduled customer orders. It is important that existing unscheduled 22MY F-150 Lightning orders are not cancelled.

23MY Wave Invitations

• 23MY Wave 1 & 2 invitations will specifically target all 22MY invited reservation holders that chose to “Extend My Reservation” for a 22MY Pro Series or XLT Series unavailable configuration previously.
  • Wave 3 will be the first 23MY wave invitations that will begin to invite remaining unconverted F-150 Lightning reservation holders.
  • Prior to each invitation wave, the Ford.com online configurator will be updated to provide directional ETA’s of vehicle delivery timing based on the availability of each configuration.
  • Dealers will be able to confirm the list of reservation holders for their dealership in each wave directly prior to each specific wave via the ROVP site. (i.e. 23MY Wave 1 invite list will be noted as “2301” in the ROVP reservation report dashboard)
  • Wave 1 Invites
    • Invitee list: All 22MY invited Pro Series “Extend My Reservation” waitlist reservation holders
    • Timing: Pro Series ordering available August 11th through August 22nd
      Note: Invited reservation holders will have the ability to order other available configurations through September 30th
  • Wave 2 Invites
    • Invitee list: All 22MY invited XLT Series “Extend My Reservation” waitlist reservation holders
    • Timing: XLT Series ordering available August 24th through September 5th
      Note: Invited reservation holders will have the ability to order other available configurations through September 30th
  • More information will be available in early September for Wave 3 invitation detail as well as 23MY Wave Invite ordering plan for remaining unconverted reservation holders. 
  • Note: Each 23MY wave invitation ordering period available configurations, pricing, and estimated delivery timing is subject to change and not guaranteed until time of order.

23MY F-150 Lightning Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer
Any current 22MY F-150 Lightning retail customer order that is converted to a 23MY order via MYCO process and 22MY invited reservation holders who chose to “Extend My Reservation” for an unavailable configuration previously will be eligible for a 23MY F-150 Lightning Transition Private Offer. Please refer to separate 23MY F-150 Lightning Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer communication for full details.

F-150 Lightning Ford Pro Commercial Customer Ordering

• 23MY F-150 Lightning ordering will be available beginning on August 10th
  • For Ford Pro customers, 23MY F-150 Lightning will be following the quarterly ordering process to better manage scheduling and allocations
    • Details on the Quarterly Allocation Order Bank Management Process can be found in EFC #10107, May 30, 2022
    • 56A Customers -- FIN allocation cap (limit) for quarter is 4 unless otherwise authorized by Ford account manager
    • 56M Customers -- FIN allocation cap (limit) for quarter is 4
  • Due to the overwhelming demand for the F-150 Lightning, not all orders will be able to be produced. Please set expectations with your customers accordingly.
  • All orders (regardless of initial submission or resubmission) need to go through the Ford Pro Order Verification Process (EFC#10100, May 30, 2022)
  • Orders submitted in excess of FIN allocation volume:
    • Will not be considered for scheduling.
    • Will not be rolled over or price protected and will be excised from the order bank if orders remain at the end of the quarter.
  • Order Status for orders received after final order due date, each quarter, or are in excess of FIN allocation, will reflect “Material Hold-Quarterly Order Bank Closed”.
  • 23MY F-150 Lightning Ordering

Chip Shortage Impact
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered on a timely basis to meet customer demand. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. The following 22MY F-150 Lightning actions continue to be implemented for 23MY F-150 Lightning Orders through 4Q 2022:

• Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion Removal (91X) is required (Platinum)
  • Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch Removal (63X) is required (Optional Tow Technology Package on Pro, XLT, & Lariat 510A. Standard on Lariat 511A & Platinum)

2023 MODEL YEAR F-150 LIGHTNING TRANSITION CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PRIVATE OFFER

SUMMARY
Any unscheduled 22MY F-150 Lightning retail customer order that is converted to a 23MY via Model Year Change Over (MYCO) and 22MY invited reservation holders who chose to “Extend My Reservation” for an unavailable configuration previously will be eligible for a 23MY F-150 Lightning Transition Private Offer.

F-150 LIGHTNING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PRIVATE OFFER
The private offer amount is dependent on the 23MY F-150 Lightning configuration selected. See below for the incentive available for each configuration.

# 38570- F-150 Lightning Model Year Transition Private Offer

• 22MY Retail Orders that transition to 23MY Retail Orders via MYCO
  • 22MY invited Pro Series “Extend My Reservation” reservation holders (All Wave 1 Invitations)
  • 22MY invited XLT Series “Extend My Reservation” reservation holders (All Wave 2 Invitations)
  • 22MY Wave 7 (Lariat 510A & 511A Targeted Wave Ordering) invited reservation holders who did not convert (Will be included in Wave 3 Invitations sent Mid-September)
    • Note: Only 22MY invited Wave 7 reservation holders are eligible within Wave 3 invites. All remaining invited unconverted reservation holders will NOT be eligible.

2023MY F-150 Lightning_Private Offer.jpg

ELIGIBILITY

• Replacement Order Placed by 9/30/22
  • Retail Order Types: 1,3,A,X,Z
  • Eligible Vehicles: 23MY F-150 Lightning
  • Eligible Regions: National
  • Transferable within household, Business to Business owner
  • Standard exclusions apply

All customer certificates are preloaded into SmartVINCENT. Please utilize Certificate Inquiry screen to verify customer eligibility and Private Offer value under Program #38570.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

• 09/01/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins

• 3 weeks later...

INFORMATION
F-150 Lightning Reservation Holder Survey Launching September 2nd

ACTION REQUESTED
Please encourage all F-150 Lightning reservation holders to complete this survey by September 26th

SUMMARY

• Ford Motor Company is sending out a survey via email communication to all active F-150 Lightning reservation holders on September 2nd.
  • Reservation holders will have until September 26th to complete the online survey.
  • This survey is NOT an invitation to order.
  • The survey will collect information pertaining to each reservation holder’s desired configuration and will be used to help inform future demand vs capacity planning to assist in efficiently converting all remaining F-150 Lightning reservation holders.
  • Ford expects nearly all current reservation holders will be invited to place an order by next summer.
  • Reservation holders who complete the survey may get an invitation to order earlier depending on what they choose and available commodities. However, not completing the survey will NOT lead to cancellation of their active reservation.
  • Based on 23MY Wave 1 ordering, the Pro Series has limited availability remaining during 23MY production. Respondents who indicate a preference for Pro Series in the survey may not have the ability to order one during 23MY.
  • A reservation holder’s response to this survey is NOT an order for a vehicle and does NOT guarantee series, feature, and option availability. Final configuration selections will be determined when they are invited to place an order. Final vehicle price is subject to change until time of order.
  • Note: Reservation holders who are invited in the 23MY Wave 3 (September 7th through September 30th) will also receive this survey. Completing this survey will not impact their opportunity to convert to order during the Wave 3 ordering period.

• 1 month later...

2023MY F-150 Lightning Pricing Action & Retail Pro Series Sold Out

ACTION REQUESTED

Please be aware of the new 2023 F-150 Lightning Price Level 325, effective October 4th and communicate this within your dealership.

SUMMARY

Ford is adjusting the MSRP on the 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series due to ongoing supply chain constraints, rising material costs and other market factors. We will continue to monitor pricing across the model year.

Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by this adjustment. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series is now sold out for retail customers. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro availability will continue for customers that meet the eligibility qualification for the commercial order bank.

The adjusted MSRP of $51,974 will go into effect for new commercial customer orders placed starting October 24. Current commercial and government customers with a scheduled order are unaffected by this adjustment.

DETAILS

2023MT F-150 Lightning_Pricing Action_2022-10-07.jpg

EFFECTIVE DATE

Price and Dealer Invoices changes will be effective October 4th, 2022.

PRICE LEVEL

The new price level codes are shown above.

FAQ

Why did the 2023 model year F-150 Lightning Pro close so soon for retail customers?

Customer demand for the F-150 Lightning Pro has significantly exceeded projections and the 2023 model year and is now sold out for retail customers. F-150 Lightning Pro availability will continue for customers that meet the eligibility qualification for the commercial order bank.

Can you make more 2023 model year F-150 Lightning Pros?

No, production constraints exclude us from increasing F-150 Lightning Pro production for this model year.

What does that mean if a reservation holder wants a Pro Series?

There is no more retail ordering for Pro Series during 23MY. If a reservation holder wants a Pro series, they can wait until a later model year to order the desired configuration if available. They can cancel their reservation at any time and receive a full refund.

Can commercial customers still order a F-150 Lightning Pro in the 2023 model year?

Yes, the 2023 model year F-150 Lightning Pro will be available to order for customers that meet the eligibility qualification for commercial order banks throughout the remainder of the model year.

Why is the F-150 Lightning Pro model no longer available for retail but it is for commercial customers?

Commercial customers have different buy cycles with longer lead times, therefore we are keeping ordering open for commercial customers throughout the remainder of the year.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

• 08/25/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/14/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date

• 09/15/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/19/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date

INFORMATION
23MY F-150 Lightning Ordering Update Broadcast & Information

ACTION REQUESTED

• Watch the 23MY F-150 Lightning Ordering Plan Update Broadcast to learn key information your dealership should know as you convert your remaining F-150 Lightning reservation holders.
  • Please review and share the 23MY F-150 Lighting Ordering Update information below with your dealership team.

23MY F-150 LIGHTNING RESERVATION-TO-ORDER

• 23MY F-150 Lightning continues the Wave Ordering Approach to minimize order-to-delivery times and allow flexibility to adapt to production impacts due to supply chain constraints.
  • 23MY F-150 Lightning will continue to leverage both online & offline reservation to order conversion.
  • Ford is prioritizing reservation holders prior to any open retail ordering or stock units.
  • During each 23MY wave invitation ordering period, available configurations, pricing, and estimated delivery timing is subject to change until time of order.
  • Each wave ordering period intends to target the upcoming 2-3 months of production.
  • Depending on ordering demand during each wave, available configurations may be shut off in real-time once targeted production volumes are met for that wave period. Reservation holders are highly encouraged to order as soon as possible when each wave ordering period opens to ensure the best chance of ordering their desired configuration.
  • All remaining reservation holders will be invited to convert to an order by Summer 2023.
  • All invited reservation holders will continue to be able to submit an order in subsequent waves if they do not convert to an order in the wave in which they are initially eligible to order.
  • There is no “extend my reservation” option for unavailable configurations for 23MY. If a reservation holder desires a current unavailable configuration, they can wait until future wave ordering periods to see if that configuration becomes available.
  • Any unconverted reservation holders will not be canceled until final 23MY wave ordering is completed in late Summer 2023. All unconverted reservations will be cancelled after the final August 31st, 2023 deadline.
  • Late Summer 2023 is forecasted to be the first retail ordering opportunity for non-reservation holders.

23MY F-150 LIGHTNING PRODUCTION

• As previously communicated, production volume is targeted to ramp up to a run-rate of 150,000 per annum by end of 2023CY.
  • 23MY production is currently planned from October 2022 to November 2023.
  • 23MY production run-rate is forecasted to ramp up significantly towards late Summer 2023; approx. 70% of production is forecasted to be in the final 4 months of 23MY production.
  • There will be no published dealership-level production guide available for 23MY F-150 Lightning.
  • A dealers’ production is dependent on their reservation conversion rates. Any 23MY converted retail orders in WBDO are intended to be fulfilled for production scheduling (within available commodities).
  • Dealers with remaining reservation holders will be prioritized prior to new retail ordering and stock units.

UPCOMING 23MY F-150 LIGHTNING WAVE INVITATIONS

• 23MY Wave 4 invites plans to open on October 13th; selected customers will be notified via email with an invite to order.
  • F-150 Lightning Pro series is now sold out for 23MY retail orders.
  • Prior to each invitation wave, the Ford.com online configurator will be updated to provide directional ETA’s of vehicle delivery timing based on the availability of each configuration.
  • Each dealer will earn an amount of invitations for each wave based on their SoN % versus total invitations sent nationally.
  • Each wave invitation period volume will vary based on total national invitations sent to fulfill the future production period forecasted requirements.
  • Ford will go in reservation list order to invite the next available reservation holders at each dealership.
  • Dealers will be able to confirm the list of reservation holders for their dealership in each wave directly prior to each specific wave via the ROVP site.
  • There is no further dealer prioritization actions available.

Model e CERTIFICATION IMPACT

• A dealer’s Model e certification decision has no impact on 23MY F-150 Lightning reservation-to-order plan.
  • Any 23MY F-150 Lightning converted reservation to retail order will be honored and fulfilled for production regardless of the dealer’s Model e certification decision.
  • 23MY production scheduling is prior to any Model e certification programs taking effect starting in 2024CY.
  •  24MY F-150 Lightning ordering and production plan will be communicated at a later date.

2023 F-150 Lightning Ordering FAQ_2022-10-12.pdf

2023 F-150 Lightning WordTracks_2022-10-12.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

INFORMATION
23MY F-150 Lightning Ordering Update Broadcast & Information

F-150 Lightning Wave 4 Update - October 14, 2022

• In the previous communication to dealers, Ford indicated plans to launch 23MY F-150 Lightning Wave 4 on Thursday, October 13th
  • Due to technical issues, we are delaying the launch of Wave 4 until early next week (week of October 17th).
  • Customers will be notified via email with an invite to order once Wave 4 opens
  • Dealers are able to confirm the list of reservation holders that will be invited next week via the ROVP site

INFORMATION
Product Offering Changes: 23MY F-150 Lightning Heated Steering Wheel Functionality Disabled

ACTION REQUESTED

• Due to the supply chain constraints, customers taking delivery of 23MY F-150 Lightning trucks including Heated Steering Wheel must be informed that certain 23MY F-150 Lightning trucks will not be equipped with Heated Steering Wheel at time of Purchase.
  • Ford will be announcing a Field Service Action (FSA) in the future to restore Heated Steering Wheel functionality. At this time, we do not have an ETA on when the FSA will be available.
  • Removal of Heated Steering Wheel has occurred on all impacted orders automatically.
  • The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of affected vehicles has been reduced by $50 for the inconvenience of not having this feature at time of delivery, the adjustment will be reflected on the window label.
  • Customers taking delivery of 23MY F-150 Lightning vehicles that include Heated Steering Wheel must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and that they understand an FSA will be announced in the future to return Heated Steering Wheel functionality.
  • Upon receiving this message, dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. All scheduled and unscheduled, retail and fleet orders have been amended as of October 14th, 2022.

SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages. As a way for customers to get their F-150 Lightning trucks sooner, Ford has implemented the following product offering change process.

Steering Wheel – Heat Removal (94X)

Removal of Heated Steering Wheel is now required on all new orders, scheduled, and unscheduled units. The window sticker will reflect an inconvenience credit in the amount of $50 for “Steering Wheel – Heat Removal.” Upon receiving this message, dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders.

All scheduled and unscheduled, retail and fleet orders have been amended as of October 14th, 2022.

CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Customers purchasing a 23MY F-150 Lightning with Heated Steering Wheel must sign the attached customer acknowledgement form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s).

Signed copies of the form must be maintained by the selling dealer in the vehicle deal jacket.

Due to the number of potentially impacted features on a particular vehicle, the Acknowledgement Form has been updated to include a check box for each feature that could be impacted. Dealers must check the appropriate box(es) on the Acknowledgement Form prior to asking for the customer’s signature. Failure to check the proper boxes could result in an erroneous assumption by customer that none of customer’s features are impacted.

Attached is a copy of the form and this form will also be available to download through FMCDealer.

AcknowledgementLetter_23MYF-150Lighting_2022-10-19.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

• 08/25/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/20/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date

• 10/20/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date

• 6 months later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), below is the most recent scheduling and production information for the 2023MY F-150 BEV Lightning. 

• 10/20/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date
  •        TBD        - 2023MY Balance Out Date