F150 Recall? Built vehicle now pushed to Late July

So on 12/7 I ordered an Explorer ST and F150 Tremor. The Explorer finally was shown as in transit 2 weeks ago, but dealer is saying 3rd quarter now for availability do to the Axle Bolt issue. On 5/12 I received an email stating the Tremor was built and awaiting shipment, then last night received an email stating delivery was pushed back to the 3rd week of July. This is getting to be pretty ridiculous. Is there an issue with the F150 Tremor's, outside of the chip issue, that could be delaying this over 2 months from shipping?

Apparently there is some sort of Ford wide issue with chips-people who had Broncos built in January that are on chip hold just got notification that their shipping dates got pushed back another 60 days-so they are looking at July/August delivery date worst case. 

As for shipping-it might be a rail issue. My Bronco was built earlier this week and I got a shipping estimate of 6/13-19, when my first one only took two weeks to get to me the last time after the MIC top. 

Edited by silvrsvt

25 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t understand how Broncos built in January are on a chip hold while new ones and tons of other vehicles are being built.  Doesn’t make sense.  There must be more to that story.

Yeah I the only thing I can think of is that Job 2 Broncos are changed some how outside of losing Navigation and the digital displays on the HVAC controls that they aren't as affected by chips?

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I the only thing I can think of is that Job 2 Broncos are changed some how outside of losing Navigation and the digital displays on the HVAC controls that they aren't as affected by chips?

Ah that’s right - they deleted some options.  Now it makes sense.

3 hours ago, crozdub115 said:

At least if I could figure out WHY it is now delayed another 2 months, AFTER getting out of the chip hold it may be somewhat less frustrating. I called Ford yesterday and they could not tell me anything...

Your dealer should look in Vehicle Visibility and the status why it is being held will be in there.

11 hours ago, akirby said:

I don’t understand how Broncos built in January are on a chip hold while new ones and tons of other vehicles are being built.  Doesn’t make sense.  There must be more to that story.

I think the idea was that they're now using whatever chips they get to keep the factory going at a normal-ish production rate, rather than finishing the existing lot ones before building new ones.

As a customer that didn't have a model stuck in the lot, I liked it because mine was able to be built and shipped ahead of those.  But if I had one parked in the lot for all this time, while others passed me up, I'd be pissed......ESPECIALLY if I were now getting a '21 well almost halfway through 2022.

59 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think the idea was that they're now using whatever chips they get to keep the factory going at a normal-ish production rate, rather than finishing the existing lot ones before building new ones.

As a customer that didn't have a model stuck in the lot, I liked it because mine was able to be built and shipped ahead of those.  But if I had one parked in the lot for all this time, while others passed me up, I'd be pissed......ESPECIALLY if I were now getting a '21 well almost halfway through 2022.

I don’t think they would do that for months and months.  We’ve seen them I stall missing wiper motors on held trucks rather than build new ones. 

I think it’s what Scott said with missing options being removed from job 2 builds,

It looks like it is getting worse in the past two weeks as there are huge lots filling up with Mustangs and Rangers along with Bronco/F150 all around the Dearborn/Downriver area.

You do start to wonder when Gas prices impact sales.