Raptor R Confirmed with 5.2L V8

• 4 weeks later...

700 Horsepower! New Ford F-150 Raptor R Is Most Powerful Raptor Ever for High-Performance Off-Roading | Ford Media Center

"The heart of Raptor R is a new 5.2-liter supercharged V8 engine that delivers 700 horsepower and 640 lb.-ft. of torque to give it incredible desert-running power. Ford Performance enlisted the most powerful engine in its lineup – previously seen in the Mustang Shelby GT500® – optimizing it for Raptor-level off-road performance and Built Ford Tough® durability. The result is the most torque-dense supercharged V8 yet in a production pickup."

cq5dam.web.881.495.jpeg

Edited by AM222

42 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I am not trying to hijack the thread, but now that the 5.2L supercharged V8 is in an F150, would you be able to order it in say, a Limited or King Ranch?

I'm sure Ford will limit the use if its most powerful internal combustion engine to Ford Performance models. On the bright side, its PowerBoost can at least beat a Raptor EcoBoost in a drag race.... on paved roads.?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I am not trying to hijack the thread, but now that the 5.2L supercharged V8 is in an F150, would you be able to order it in say, a Limited or King Ranch?

You can’t get the 5.2 in a Mustang GT, or the Raptor 3.5 in a KR. 

Would be interesting to put the 5.2 in the Navi. 

Edited by sullynd
  • Like 1

Well, The price is pretty disappointing.Not surprising really, but disappointing.  You can get a very nicely optioned out TRX for $88,500, and one exactly how I would order it for $95,000.  The cost of entry for the Ford V8 is really steep, and out of touch for most people.  At least you can get a V8 in the Ram for $79,000.  Additionally, I’m pretty sure Ford stated at one point it would have more than 700 hp,

so that too is a little disappointing, although it probably has little impact on the performance.  

Nevertheless, I’m happy there is a V8 option at least.  

32 minutes ago, tbone said:

Well, The price is pretty disappointing.Not surprising really, but disappointing.  You can get a very nicely optioned out TRX for $88,500, and one exactly how I would order it for $95,000.  The cost of entry for the Ford V8 is really steep, and out of touch for most people.  At least you can get a V8 in the Ram for $79,000.  Additionally, I’m pretty sure Ford stated at one point it would have more than 700 hp,

so that too is a little disappointing, although it probably has little impact on the performance.  

Nevertheless, I’m happy there is a V8 option at least.  

Uh where did you see pricing mentioned by Ford? There is zero info about pricing in the press release 

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_165814764107611&key=b0e696bec77f502c69ed3461cc408845&libId=l5qq6isu0100b4br000DLn3ct40wn&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fblueovalforums.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F74054-raptor-r-confirmed-with-52l-v8%2F%26page%3D5&v=1&opt=true&out=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Ffordmedia%2Ffna%2Fus%2Fen%2Fnews%2F2022%2F07%2F18%2F700-horsepower-new-ford-f-150-raptor-r.html&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fblueovalforums.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3F%2Fforum%2F72-ford-motor-company-discussion-forum%2F&title=Raptor R Confirmed with 5.2L V8 - Page 5 - Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum - Blue Oval Forums&txt=700 Horsepower! New Ford F-150 Raptor R Is Most Powerful Raptor Ever for High-Performance Off-Roading | Ford Media Center

Even if it is stupidly priced, its going to be a limited production vehicle-like 5K units sold and they'll all have a markup on them.

31 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Frankly I have not read all the articles about it yet, but Motor1 posted a price of $109,145 to start.  I don’t know if that is confirmed or not but Car and Driver says the same.  

The original Raptor wasn’t a limited production vehicle, and you got the best performance it had to offer on the entry level models.  This one didn’t have to be that. 

31 minutes ago, tbone said:

Frankly I have not read all the articles about it yet, but Motor1 posted a price of $109,145 to start.  I don’t know if that is confirmed or not but Car and Driver says the same.  

The original Raptor wasn’t a limited production vehicle, and you got the best performance it had to offer on the entry level models.  This one didn’t have to be that. 

TFL Truck quotes the same price near the end of the review.

30 minutes ago, tbone said:

They still have the regular Raptor which outperforms any NA V8 and R models are always limited production just like the Shelby Mustang GT500.

If they don’t sell out within the first week, then you can complain about pricing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

They still have the regular Raptor which outperforms any NA V8 and R models are always limited production just like the Shelby Mustang GT500.

If they don’t sell out within the first week, then you can complain about pricing.  

I have no doubt they will immediately sellout as soon as the order banks open, so it is what it is.  I have had each generation of Raptor and finally got a production date for the Gen3.  The Gen2 was an improvement over the Gen1, even though it had the V6. The Gen3 basically got suspension improvements and the obvious interior and styling changes, which I’m sure make it better than the Gen2, but nothing in the engine department, not even an incremental amount.  This left me not terribly excited, but will buy it anyway because they are great trucks, nonetheless .  

But when compared to the competition the base Raptor falls short of the base TRX and you get the same motor across the TRX spectrum. These are performance vehicles and the numbers do matter.  The Raptor has weight advantage so a nice bump in power to say 550hp, would have made the truck more competitive when they introduced it.  

I imagine Ram has been working on their “R” model in anticipation of this, so I won’t be surprised to see a Redeye or Demon motor show up soon.  

So now if you want any improvement in power, your going to be spending $110k, which has likely priced me out.  Good for Ford, unfortunate for me. 

43 minutes ago, tbone said:

I have no doubt they will immediately sellout as soon as the order banks open, so it is what it is.  I have had each generation of Raptor and finally got a production date for the Gen3.  The Gen2 was an improvement over the Gen1, even though it had the V6. The Gen3 basically got suspension improvements and the obvious interior and styling changes, which I’m sure make it better than the Gen2, but nothing in the engine department, not even an incremental amount.  This left me not terribly excited, but will buy it anyway because they are great trucks, nonetheless .  

But when compared to the competition the base Raptor falls short of the base TRX and you get the same motor across the TRX spectrum. These are performance vehicles and the numbers do matter.  The Raptor has weight advantage so a nice bump in power to say 550hp, would have made the truck more competitive when they introduced it.  

I imagine Ram has been working on their “R” model in anticipation of this, so I won’t be surprised to see a Redeye or Demon motor show up soon.  

So now if you want any improvement in power, your going to be spending $110k, which has likely priced me out.  Good for Ford, unfortunate for me. 

That’s only a $30k premium from a premium Raptor..

Mustang GT500 is a $21K premium over a Mach 1 and a $36K premium over a premium GT.    

25 minutes ago, akirby said:

That’s only a $30k premium from a premium Raptor..

Mustang GT500 is a $21K premium over a Mach 1 and a $36K premium over a premium GT.    

I guess my point is the competition’s base power starts at where this premium Raptor’s is starting from, and it isn’t considered premium. 

56 minutes ago, tbone said:

I guess my point is the competition’s base power starts at where this premium Raptor’s is starting from, and it isn’t considered premium. 

Think about what you’re saying.  Even with higher relative pricing Ford is selling as many Raptors as it can make without discounts and it will absolutely sell as many GT500s and Raptor RS as it can make.  In that case TRX pricing is irrelevant.  

The price is high but it is virtually loaded up. Keep in mind this just doesn't level the playing field. The Raptor, other than HP and sound, was viewed as the superior truck. Now the Raptor has the same power/V8 sound and is going to be around 500lbs lighter.  For those pavement racers/bench racers/forum trolls etc expect the Raptor R to outperform the TRX in a straight line. I can only expect it will continue to be the better truck off road going fast.