Shipping

mitch42

5 hours ago, rlp450 said:

I have my loan already from Navy Fed at 2.29% that is valid for 90 days, if my truck doesn't arrive before June 17th I will have to go back and get a new loan with the higher rates :( .

I talked to my dealer this morning about this and he did some digging and called me back and said he looked back at time of my order and I am locked in at 1.9% for 60 months

I feel very lucky that I got a good dealership. If only Ford motor company could communicate better this process would be better 

1 hour ago, mitch42 said:

I talked to my dealer this morning about this and he did some digging and called me back and said he looked back at time of my order and I am locked in at 1.9% for 60 months

I feel very lucky that I got a good dealership. If only Ford motor company could communicate better this process would be better 

Ford gives the dealer all the info they have available.  Some things are just not known.

2 hours ago, mitch42 said:

If there were Ford Credit promotional/incentive interest rates available at the time of order, then generally those qualify for "incentive protection" (like price protection) where you can still obtain those lower incentive rates when the vehicle is delivered months later.  My order from early Jan has the same rate locked in.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Ford gives the dealer all the info they have available.  Some things are just not known.

To me, that is the root cause of the issue I have with this whole mess. I absolutely disagree with the statement of 'some things are just not known'. As a 5th generation owner of a 126yr old manufacturing/metal stamping business, which actually once made auto parts for some of the first automobiles, when we have production delays/qc issues/supply chain delays etc, we always provide to our customers tangible information in regards to the cause of the delay, eta on delivery, etc. i.e Transparency

With Ford we are seeing ETA's that constantly change, and aside from micro chip hold, usually no transparency on the root reason for the delay, just generic acronyms, at best. Don't tell me they do not have the job run status and tracking on every vehicle, where it is in production, and why it has any specific delay. Don't tell me Ford doesn't know where my VIN is in production, and if delayed, exactly what the delay is...

• Like 2

So I see Ice-capades posted Ford " delivery milestones glossary " which says Plant Hold .......

I have a few questions if anyone knows the answers I would appreciate them sharing if Ford will let you.

I have a vehicle "in production" on Ford Order Tracking.  Does the fact that it is in some form of delivery hold mean the vehicle is basically built but they can't deliver it for some reason defined in the glossary above?  Or could a "plant hold" be a chip hold? 

Next: My vehicle has been on plant hold for 50 days with multiple ETAs passing by.  Last week I talked with Ford and they said they saw no holds and that it was still progressing in production with and ETA of next week.  (while still showing up on hold on online trackers.  They couldn't tell me if ETA meant estimated build date or delivery.  Does anyone know what Ford customers service means when they say ETA (besides perhaps don't call us for 2 more weeks)?  Is it ETAS for a built date or am I built and in some stage of delivery?

Edited by Tangiora

5 hours ago, Tangiora said:

So I see Ice-capades posted Ford " delivery milestones glossary " which says Plant Hold .......

I have a few questions if anyone knows the answers I would appreciate them sharing if Ford will let you.

I have a vehicle "in production" on Ford Order Tracking.  Does the fact that it is in some form of delivery hold mean the vehicle is basically built but they can't deliver it for some reason defined in the glossary above?  Or could a "plant hold" be a chip hold? 

Next: My vehicle has been on plant hold for 50 days with multiple ETAs passing by.  Last week I talked with Ford and they said they saw no holds and that it was still progressing in production with and ETA of next week.  (while still showing up on hold on online trackers.  They couldn't tell me if ETA meant estimated build date or delivery.  Does anyone know what Ford customers service means when they say ETA (besides perhaps don't call us for 2 more weeks)?  Is it ETAS for a built date or am I built and in some stage of delivery?

The Vehicle Visibility Report will show if the plant hold is specifically due to the microchip hold, as noted in the attached example. 

Vehicle ETA's (Estimated Time of Arrival) are always in reference to the estimated delivery date to the dealership. 

Vehicle Visibility_Micro Chip At Plant On Hold_2022-05-27.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The Vehicle Visibility Report will show if the plant hold is specifically due to the microchip hold, as noted in the attached example. 

Vehicle ETA's (Estimated Time of Arrival) are always in reference to the estimated delivery date to the dealership. 

Vehicle Visibility_Micro Chip At Plant On Hold_2022-05-27.jpg

Thanks Ice capades

• Like 1

18 hours ago, crozdub115 said:

To me, that is the root cause of the issue I have with this whole mess. I absolutely disagree with the statement of 'some things are just not known'. As a 5th generation owner of a 126yr old manufacturing/metal stamping business, which actually once made auto parts for some of the first automobiles, when we have production delays/qc issues/supply chain delays etc, we always provide to our customers tangible information in regards to the cause of the delay, eta on delivery, etc. i.e Transparency

With Ford we are seeing ETA's that constantly change, and aside from micro chip hold, usually no transparency on the root reason for the delay, just generic acronyms, at best. Don't tell me they do not have the job run status and tracking on every vehicle, where it is in production, and why it has any specific delay. Don't tell me Ford doesn't know where my VIN is in production, and if delayed, exactly what the delay is...

With all due respect, I think building 2M custom vehicles/year with thousands of parts from hundreds of suppliers and shipping them by rail is a bit more complicated.  And remember this system is 50+ yrs old and designed to deliver stock vehicles to dealers, not customer special orders.

There is obviously room for improvement and I think you’ll see that with BEVs going forward.

• Like 3

On 5/25/2022 at 9:28 AM, ice-capades said:

Based on actual experience with rail carriers, they've not been running fine until now. Ice Capades used to transport the cast, staff, stage sets, audio and lighting equipment, costumes, etc. by rail exclusively from 1940 up until the show was bought by Metromedia in 1963. Afterwards, cast and staff would travel via bus or plane depending on the distance between engagements. Those of us on staff that drove the tours throughout the U.S. and Canada did so at our own expense. The show's equipment (stage sets, audio and lighting equipment, costumes, etc.) continued to be transported until the end of the 1977 tours. Specialty equipment (refrigeration) always shipped by truck but after 1977 everything shipped by truck in a brand-new fleet of International Transtar II's with custom Fruehauf 45' trailers. When I eft the show, there were close to 30 trucks on the road traveling between close to 90 cities for 3 different tours. 

I was one of four members of the "Wagon Crew" that was responsible for supervising, loading, unloading and transporting more than a dozen custom Fruehauf show trailers from the rail sidings to the various arenas, civic centers and coliseums in each city.

The change from rail to trucks was specifically because the railroads were so undependable and couldn't guarantee a delivery day or time. In cities where the show did a one-week engagement, the show did 9-10 performances from Tuesday through Sunday nights. The stagehand call at the building was at 8:00am Tuesday morning to move the show in for opening that night. Packing the show up actually started during the last performance on Sunday night after which we'd transport the show trailers back to the rail siding to load into our 4 custom rail cars. Mondays were usually a travel day for the company, otherwise a day off when we were playing a 10-14+ day engagement. 

On my last tour, we finished loading the rail cars in Detroit at about 4:00am prior to them being tagged to the train going to St. Louis for our next stop. That "move out" was tough, the weather was lousy and there was a lot of salty language between us wishing the train would derail. Sure enough, after we'd left, the railroad moved the cars and they derailed in the yard with the cars ending up in about 8' of mud, etc. The railroad had to use cranes to lift the cars back up, etc. The show's company manager got greeted at the St. Louis airport with the news along with one of the Wagon Crew members that travelled with the company. They caught the next flight back to Detroit to inspect for damage, supervise, etc. I found out when I pulled into the hotel in St. Louis. The railroad arranged to ship all the show's equipment by truck and said that they had arranged to have two drivers for each truck so that they could drive straight through to deliver everything on time in St. Louis. Everything made it on time except for the truck with all the costumes, thanks to it only having a single driver that got stopped. As such we missed our opening night in St. Louis!

Ice Capades_Wagon Cars_Blue_480.jpg

Ice Capades_Wagon Car_1977_480.jpg

Ice Capades_Trucks_1977_480.jpg

This post needs to be pinned. Not for the explanation, but for the history and background of our own IC! Awesome post!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 10:13 AM, ice-capades said:

Thanks, but the Wagon Crew work was the smallest part of the work I did for the show. 

Definitely a cool story, I bet you have a lot of good memories from then. Probably seems like it was just yesterday  

• 2 weeks later...

My Expedition was completed on April 20.  Originally said Awaiting Shipment Delay - Rail Carrier.  Start Date May 27 End Date June 2.  That changed on June 1 to Start Date June 25 and End Date July 1.  Still showing Delay Rail Carrier.  Does anyone know if the rail delays are clearing up or at least about how long a vehicle is sitting with that delay till they ship?  It is being shipped to outside the Philly area.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:00 PM, irishqb said:

My Expedition was completed on April 20.  Originally said Awaiting Shipment Delay - Rail Carrier.  Start Date May 27 End Date June 2.  That changed on June 1 to Start Date June 25 and End Date July 1.  Still showing Delay Rail Carrier.  Does anyone know if the rail delays are clearing up or at least about how long a vehicle is sitting with that delay till they ship?  It is being shipped to outside the Philly area.

My truck has been awaiting shipment over 90 days and no one can give me the reason, dealer,ford chat or customer service this is getting ridiculous. On different forums I am seeing trucks that are the same trim level getting built and shipped after mine was built.Once you get  pushed aside they just forget about you.

On 6/22/2022 at 3:04 AM, mitch42 said:

My truck has been awaiting shipment over 90 days and no one can give me the reason, dealer,ford chat or customer service this is getting ridiculous. On different forums I am seeing trucks that are the same trim level getting built and shipped after mine was built.Once you get  pushed aside they just forget about you.

I've been following your plight on another forum & feel your pain. Been waiting since ordering my truck nearly 9 months ago, also built w/ no holds and in the "awaiting shipment" with no explanation purgatory.

I have to keep telling myself it could be worse & try to be patient (it hasn't been 90 days for me ...yet).  

13 hours ago, GypsyG said:

I've been following your plight on another forum & feel your pain. Been waiting since ordering my truck nearly 9 months ago, also built w/ no holds and in the "awaiting shipment" with no explanation purgatory.

I have to keep telling myself it could be worse & try to be patient (it hasn't been 90 days for me ...yet).  

Yes I keep hoping that mine will just show up with no updates from ford but that has not happened. The frustrating part is you cannot get an answer from anyone, its like my truck was built and now its just sitting somewhere and has been forgotten about. All i can do is hope

• Like 1

Truck has been built over a 100 days now and I cannot get any info on why it has not shipped yet. Trucks with the same trim are being built,shipped and delivered but nobody from ford or my dealer can tell me why mine has not shipped. I know we are having supply issues but this does not make any sense at all. Do they just build a truck that needs a chip or part and push it to the side and just one day decide to finish it. I am losing faith in ford everyday that goes by.

19 hours ago, mitch42 said:

Truck has been built over a 100 days now and I cannot get any info on why it has not shipped yet. Trucks with the same trim are being built,shipped and delivered but nobody from ford or my dealer can tell me why mine has not shipped. I know we are having supply issues but this does not make any sense at all. Do they just build a truck that needs a chip or part and push it to the side and just one day decide to finish it. I am losing faith in ford everyday that goes by.

I've made the rounds again over the last few days (dealer, chat & marketing), and again, all with the same response. Still "awaiting shipment", no holds with VVR secondary status only showing "released". There is no additional info on a reason for a delay. This has not changed for me in nearly 6 weeks. There HAS to be a reason these trucks aren't moving. Not knowing what the problem is, is adding to an already frustrating process. 

3 hours ago, GypsyG said:

I've made the rounds again over the last few days (dealer, chat & marketing), and again, all with the same response. Still "awaiting shipment", no holds with VVR secondary status only showing "released". There is no additional info on a reason for a delay. This has not changed for me in nearly 6 weeks. There HAS to be a reason these trucks aren't moving. Not knowing what the problem is, is adding to an already frustrating process. 

Makes no sense that they cannot tell us what the hold up is

19 hours ago, mitch42 said:

Makes no sense that they cannot tell us what the hold up is

I know, right? Talked to my dealer again today & he's got multiple orders in the same limbo & he can't get any answers either. I did find out that I'm now bumped back to ETA July 23-27th. No surprise there. Just heap it on top of the pile of mounting disappointments & let downs.