Multi-Contour Seat Hold (Message Seat)

yorid

I know I'm on a Multi-Contour Seat hold, I went on Ford Chat and this is what they told me about my order "I do see there is a delay. As of this time the estimated delivery date is showing as October 20, 2022!". Looks like a 5 month hold that's unacceptable. Ordered 6/7/21 F350 Platinum this seem like something where the vehicle could be shipped and installed late by the dealer.

40 minutes ago, yorid said:

I know I'm on a Multi-Contour Seat hold, I went on Ford Chat and this is what they told me about my order "I do see there is a delay. As of this time the estimated delivery date is showing as October 20, 2022!". Looks like a 5 month hold that's unacceptable. Ordered 6/7/21 F350 Platinum this seem like something where the vehicle could be shipped and installed late by the dealer.

6/7/21 to 10/20/22?  16 months?

You've got to be kidding me? (yes, I had to create an account to reply).. Order went in Dec 27th... Haven't heard a peep other than the general email that was sent to everyone. But, I have 5th wheel and spray in, so expecting a somewhat longer wait.. I guess the question is, what else is delaying these? Yesterday I was discussing with the wife to start looking at the RAM Cummins again... jeez... 

2 hours ago, 22Tremor said:

Well this isn't great news.  I was excited to finally be scheduled but now may have to wait even longer knowing the truck is completed sitting in a parking lot somewhere.  Is this a chip shortage across the board?

Only if you have the Multi Contour seats (massage seats)

1 hour ago, SomaliSkinnyPirate said:

You've got to be kidding me? (yes, I had to create an account to reply).. Order went in Dec 27th... Haven't heard a peep other than the general email that was sent to everyone. But, I have 5th wheel and spray in, so expecting a somewhat longer wait.. I guess the question is, what else is delaying these? Yesterday I was discussing with the wife to start looking at the RAM Cummins again... jeez... 

I hear the 5th wheel prep and spray in isn't near the problem they use to be, its  the Multi Contour seats (massage seats) that have the chip hold

Well it looks as like those of us that have orders for KRU, Platinums, or Limiteds, (and not scheduled) might as well cancel our orders now because they probably won't get built. If they aren't going to be delivered until late October, November, or later it blows the whole summer. Then the end of the MY will come and they will say "sorry you will have to re order.

I  know the blah,blah blah. Been following this forum since early December and have read probably 250 or more pages.

Ordered 11/4, and have been priority 2 since mid January. This was going to be the first Ford. Now apparently Ford stands for Fumbles Orders for Retail Delivery. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gem city said:

Well it looks as like those of us that have orders for KRU, Platinums, or Limiteds, (and not scheduled) might as well cancel our orders now because they probably won't get built. If they aren't going to be delivered until late October, November, or later it blows the whole summer. Then the end of the MY will come and they will say "sorry you will have to re order.

I  know the blah,blah blah. Been following this forum since early December and have read probably 250 or more pages.

Ordered 11/4, and have been priority 2 since mid January. This was going to be the first Ford. Now apparently Ford stands for Fumbles Orders for Retail Delivery. 

One of the employees from the Kentucky plant that normally posts on the Facebook page says they are working on a fix to get the trucks out without the multi contour module.  It might end up being similar to the PM sensor that is not being installed on the 6.7 PSD until a later date by the dealer.  At this point I’ll take mine without the module temporarily over an indefinite wait.  

• Like 1

Just following up on my previous post.  I asked if they were going to be able to be able to ship then without the module and have the dealer install it later.   Here’s the response which looks very promising.  If it means I can finally get my truck I’ll take this option in a heartbeat.

0B0CE98A-3559-4F29-BD81-FD1206B176B2.jpeg

Edited by manko
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gem city said:

That would definitely be an improvement. However getting scheduled is a big problem too.

I don’t know if there is any correlation, but my F450 Platinum’s order status changed to “In Production” this afternoon.  This after 10 pushbacks.  Was originally scheduled for March 7th.  Last pushback was to week of May 23rd, and it looks like my build to day finally settled on May 26th.  

18 hours ago, manko said:

I don’t know if there is any correlation, but my F450 Platinum’s order status changed to “In Production” this afternoon.  This after 10 pushbacks.  Was originally scheduled for March 7th.  Last pushback was to week of May 23rd, and it looks like my build to day finally settled on May 26th.  

They are building trucks but then they are put on a chip hold. Possible good new is they are testing to see if they can bypass the module and have the dealer install it later. 

• Like 1

Ford is screwing everyone that went to the trouble of ordering the truck they wanted if you ordered a king Ranch ultimate, platinum or limited. We paid a premium for a package that included the active motion seats and Ford has decided NOPE not gonna build them with it and we(Ford) will give you $300 credit. Hell I would have saved money and ordered differently or not even traded my ‘19 KRU if I knew I couldn’t get the truck I wanted and would have to settle for whatever Ford feels like providing. I am really going to be pissed and Ford will lose a 38 year committed customer if the ‘23 super duty has active motion seats!!!!

• Like 2

• ice-capades changed the title to Multi-Contour Seat Hold (Message Seat)
46 minutes ago, Cglenn said:

Ford is screwing everyone that went to the trouble of ordering the truck they wanted if you ordered a king Ranch ultimate, platinum or limited. We paid a premium for a package that included the active motion seats and Ford has decided NOPE not gonna build them with it and we(Ford) will give you $300 credit. Hell I would have saved money and ordered differently or not even traded my ‘19 KRU if I knew I couldn’t get the truck I wanted and would have to settle for whatever Ford feels like providing. I am really going to be pissed and Ford will lose a 38 year committed customer if the ‘23 super duty has active motion seats!!!!

Don’t you think Ford WANTS to sell you those seats?  If they can’t get the parts they have no choice.  We can’t get $100k network devices because they can’t get a 75 cent part.  Everybody is having these issues.

Obviously Ford could care 2 cents about selling me those seats as they are making a lot more off us customers who ordered the packages that hd these seats then to crap in our face with a $300 credit all the while still selling a $90k truck that is less than what we bought. All they are looking at is cash flow and revenue. So what they give a $300 credit when they are delivering and invoicing $90k trucks

Edited by Cglenn

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

Don’t you think Ford WANTS to sell you those seats?  If they can’t get the parts they have no choice.  We can’t get $100k network devices because they can’t get a 75 cent part.  Everybody is having these issues.

I agree with a Cglenn on this.  We specifically ordered a Platinum, with Tremor package, to get both nicer seats and with the MC (massaging) seats.

Originally ordered a MY21 mid-April of 21.  Ford came back mid-May 21 and cancelled outstanding 21 SD orders.  Reordered late-May 21 for a MY22 that Ford accepted mid-June 21.

We’re at 11 months without a VIN or scheduling from last June, and really at 13 months given original 21 order last April.

Ford needs to make this right…fine, give a $300 credit, but fix it later/restore MC functionality later.  Else, $300 credit on a $3k trim upgrade is pure BS.

• Like 5

Drop the seats, take the $300 and try to get your truck or walk away and go buy something else or wait until supplies improve and reorder.  Those are your options.  It’s totally understandable to be disappointed.  Everybody that has something on order right now is disappointed.  Cars can’t be repaired.  Appliances are taking over a year.  It’s not the mfrs fault.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1