Multi-Contour Seat Hold (Message Seat)

yorid

Well, don't shoot me but I ordered my 2022 F350 Diesel CCSB King Ranch in December 2021, with just about everything including multi-contoured seats, I dropped AS, spray-in liner and 5th wheel prep to get scheduled and got built on 3/15 and took delivery 4/25.  Now for the part you will hate me for, I don't even care for the massaging seats, I had a 2017 Platinum that had the massaging seats and I never used them, not even once in 47k miles, just was so comfortable I didn't need it.  I got the multi-contoured seats on the 2022 because it comes with the King Ranch Ultimate Package and is a few hundred dollars cheaper than getting a slew of options piece meal.  If it were easy to remove, I'd sell them but like everything on our trucks, it's all integrated into the modules and BCE codes that are written to computer at build time.  I'd be just as happy with King Ranch seats without the multi-contoured option but too late now.  I'd trade my massaging seats for Adaptive Steering in a New York Second but that too is not possible.  I'm actually going to order a 2023 when the order bank opens up and I'll wait for Adaptive Steering and sell what I have for more than what I paid, assuming the market stays the same.  I may or may not get multi-contoured seats on the 2023 but if they are packaged and don't really cost more than without, I may just get with them included, helps with resale value later.  I guess there are those that really want or need the massaging seats but for me, I could do fine without.

5 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

I agree with a Cglenn on this.  We specifically ordered a Platinum, with Tremor package, to get both nicer seats and with the MC (massaging) seats.

Originally ordered a MY21 mid-April of 21.  Ford came back mid-May 21 and cancelled outstanding 21 SD orders.  Reordered late-May 21 for a MY22 that Ford accepted mid-June 21.

We’re at 11 months without a VIN or scheduling from last June, and really at 13 months given original 21 order last April.

Ford needs to make this right…fine, give a $300 credit, but fix it later/restore MC functionality later.  Else, $300 credit on a $3k trim upgrade is pure BS.

You could not have ordered a 21 in April 21.  The order banks closed in Feb 21 for  21s.  22 order bank opened March 15, 2021.  I know.  I ordered my 22 on March 18th 21, and it took 9.5 months to get it.

8 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

You could not have ordered a 21 in April 21.  The order banks closed in Feb 21 for  21s.  22 order bank opened March 15, 2021.  I know.  I ordered my 22 on March 18th 21, and it took 9.5 months to get it.

ScorrK1,

I guess that would explain why first order was cancelled, if ever even placed.  

Dealership told me they could still order a MY21 in April, so I did a $1k deposit.  Then, they came back a month later and said Ford cancelled it…more likely Ford said to the dealership, sorry Order Bank is closed, order again as a MY22.

Either way, our 22 Platti Tremor has been on order, unscheduled since 16 June 2021…

I bet Ford didn’t send out something telling all the lightning order holders that no multi-contour/active motion seats. Bet that’s where the modules and parts jare going. Still beyond pissed. I will take the truck just to keep the dealer from profiting an insane markup and then I will sell it and buy another brand. Done with Ford after 38 years of loyalty.

• Like 1

Just had my dealer remove the MC seat (option 91X) from my Platinum 350 CCSB and got a new order summary sheet. The price level jumped to the 260 level. Dealer said that I will have to pay the new price and that Ford would send me the price difference but it could take 3 months after delivery. Anyone know if this is accurate?  

Ford said they would automatically add the 91X option on May 26th even if a dealer took no action.  Wouldn't it have been better to just let it happen on its own?

Regarding the price protection, my understanding is when Ford confirms the vehicle is sold to the same person who placed the original order, they will refund the dealer in 30-45 days.  This is the first I've heard 90 days.

My dealer unfortunately is taking a similar approach.  They said once they get the refund from Ford they will forward it to me.  Pretty crappy, but what can I do?  My brother just picked up his F250 (my 450 is still being built).  When he inquired about them floating that price protection so that he wouldn't have to pay tax & license on the higher amount their response was that they wouldn't float it because they've gotten burned from Ford in the past because of things like spelling errors on names, etc.  I think this is BS because even if Ford denied a price protection claim over something like a mis-spelled name, I can't imagine it would be very difficult to get remedied by the area rep.  They also threw in the fact that they were the only dealer in the area selling for $450 over invoice.  I guess you have to pick your battles.  I would say at a minimum to get something in writing from them that they will reimburse you the price protection amount.

Edited by manko

17 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

We specifically ordered a Platinum, with Tremor package, to get both nicer seats and with the MC (massaging) seats.

17 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

Ford needs to make this right…fine, give a $300 credit, but fix it later/restore MC functionality later.  Else, $300 credit on a $3k trim upgrade is pure BS.

18 hours ago, Cglenn said:

Ford is screwing everyone that went to the trouble of ordering the truck they wanted if you ordered a king Ranch ultimate, platinum or limited. We paid a premium for a package that included the active motion seats and Ford has decided NOPE not gonna build them with it and we(Ford) will give you $300 credit. Hell I would have saved money and ordered differently

18 hours ago, Cglenn said:

I am really going to be pissed and Ford will lose a 38 year committed customer if the ‘23 super duty has active motion seats!!!!

I totally agree with the above posters!

I am pissed as well

Been waiting over 7 Months to get scheduled and now I (we) can't get the seats that swayed us to upgrade to a King Ranch, Platinum or Limited Truck.

Totally SUCKS!

Ford needs to Make this RIGHT.....Build the Trucks without the Multi Contour Seats BUT Make sure that it can be Fixed Later when the parts become available at NO CHARGE and give us the $300 Discount for our inconvenience.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Havasu Guy said:

I totally agree with the above posters!

I am pissed as well

Been waiting over 7 Months to get scheduled and now I (we) can't get the seats that swayed us to upgrade to a King Ranch, Platinum or Limited Truck.

Totally SUCKS!

Ford needs to Make this RIGHT.....Build the Trucks without the Multi Contour Seats BUT Make sure that it can be Fixed Later when the parts become available at NO CHARGE and give us the $300 Discount for our inconvenience.

GM is doing just that by retrofitting vehicles at no costs when the parts become available.

I also learned that it is NOT JUST the massage function it is also the lumbar function as well. Total BS

Here is the acknowledgment and IF I am reading it correctly it also means NO lumbar support so it’s more than just the massage feature. 

2022 Ford Super DutySubject: Ford Super DutyLimited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate PackageMulti-Contour Seatswith Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger)

Dear Valued Super Duty Customer: So that we can produce your vehicle more quickly, Ford will be making the following changes to the 2022 Ford Super Duty. Due to the global semiconductor shortage, yourFord Super DutyLimited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Packageis not equipped with the Multi-Contour Seatswith Active Motion®as they are not currently available. We know this is not ideal and not the experience we aim for as a brand. But we also know that getting a new vehicle is an important and exciting time so we are doing everything we can to help deliver on that, despite these global challenges.Thank you for your understanding & continued support.What does this mean for you? This feature delivers lumbar support and a seat bottom massage.Due to the inconvenience,the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of your Super Duty Limited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Package has been reduced by $300. This reduction is clearly depicted on your window label as “MULTI CONTOUR SEAT DELETE.”Please know that we value you as a customer and appreciate your understanding as we navigate through these constantly changingtimes together.AcknowledgementBy accepting this $300 MULTI CONTOUR SEAT DELETECredit,I understand and agree as follows:•This vehicle is not equipped with the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion®,and this will not constitute a defect with respect to my vehicle._________________________Customer SignatureDate

I wanted the multi-contour seats but not the moonroof.  But I had to get the Ultimate package on my KRU to get those seats, and, therefore, the moonroof.

Now, apparently, I can't have those seats.  So now I don't want the moonroof either.  But I have a VIN.  So I suppose I can't delete that moonroof?

It's pretty frustrating and it doesn't tend to make you consider other manufacturers.  Even if only to see if they really are as limited as Ford.

44 minutes ago, traveldawg said:

I wanted the multi-contour seats but not the moonroof.  But I had to get the Ultimate package on my KRU to get those seats, and, therefore, the moonroof.

Now, apparently, I can't have those seats.  So now I don't want the moonroof either.  But I have a VIN.  So I suppose I can't delete that moonroof?

It's pretty frustrating and it doesn't tend to make you consider other manufacturers.  Even if only to see if they really are as limited as Ford.

My big things is it is never ending. First it was active steering, BAP, 5wp, bed liner etc. I wasn’t worried about the bed liner or 5wp or even BAP as I could add those for comparatively the same cost after the fact. I wasn’t happy about the active steering as I really wanted it as it worked great on my ‘19 KRU. I was upgrading to a platinum so I could get a few other things I wanted. In the end, or rather right now as I am not built, I am being forced to settle for no active steering, no multi contour seats, no lumbar, some missing sensor within the 6.7 diesel system so my frustration is that it never ends and the excuse is the same. 

In the end I have no one to blame but myself as I should have kept my ‘19 KRU in lieu of thinking I could upgrade to the exact truck I wanted. Now I will eventually get a truck but it will not be the truck I wanted or ordered. Many will say then wait and order a ‘23 but I can’t be without a truck for 18 months. It just aggravates me to no end that Ford took my money and my order and now isn’t going to honor it. Such is life I guess.

Ford is telling the truth they want to build the trucks and get them into consumers hands in some configuration as this is revenue as someone will buy them. The very last thing Ford wants is to have to cancel orders and fade the heat for that. Also the quicker they get the 22MY closed out the quicker they can start the whole process again for 23my

Edited by Cglenn

The latest change (drop in seat features) caused the wife and I to reevaluate the angst of waiting for a VIN and build date so we purchased an alternate f350 lariat instead of 250 platinum and were able to get it for MSRP.  The way it is optioned it ran a bit more than the platinum but other than the seats I gained the moonroof and winch and still kept the power running boards. 

image.thumb.png.885ffd8a1ae66acf8e5f04eb6d495d13.png

On 5/18/2022 at 5:55 PM, manko said:

One of the employees from the Kentucky plant that normally posts on the Facebook page says they are working on a fix to get the trucks out without the multi contour module.  It might end up being similar to the PM sensor that is not being installed on the 6.7 PSD until a later date by the dealer.  At this point I’ll take mine without the module temporarily over an indefinite wait.  

What’s a “PM sensor”?

On 5/20/2022 at 4:43 PM, traveldawg said:

Literally in the same boat. I didn't want the moonroof, but got the ultimate for the seats, among some other reasons.  I don't want to order a GM, but may consider a RAM...then when the KR comes in (assuming it doesn't get canceled), if the market remains unchanged, take delivery in order to flip it.

But $300 credit is laughable.. I hope they clear up if the dealer will install the module later, assuming the air blater seats aren't swapped for normal ones.

On 5/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, 787Toolman said:

Well, don't shoot me but I ordered my 2022 F350 Diesel CCSB King Ranch in December 2021, with just about everything including multi-contoured seats, I dropped AS, spray-in liner and 5th wheel prep to get scheduled and got built on 3/15 and took delivery 4/25.  Now for the part you will hate me for, I don't even care for the massaging seats, I had a 2017 Platinum that had the massaging seats and I never used them, not even once in 47k miles, just was so comfortable I didn't need it.  I got the multi-contoured seats on the 2022 because it comes with the King Ranch Ultimate Package and is a few hundred dollars cheaper than getting a slew of options piece meal.  If it were easy to remove, I'd sell them but like everything on our trucks, it's all integrated into the modules and BCE codes that are written to computer at build time.  I'd be just as happy with King Ranch seats without the multi-contoured option but too late now.  I'd trade my massaging seats for Adaptive Steering in a New York Second but that too is not possible.  I'm actually going to order a 2023 when the order bank opens up and I'll wait for Adaptive Steering and sell what I have for more than what I paid, assuming the market stays the same.  I may or may not get multi-contoured seats on the 2023 but if they are packaged and don't really cost more than without, I may just get with them included, helps with resale value later.  I guess there are those that really want or need the massaging seats but for me, I could do fine without.

If I ever get scheduled for my KRU apparently with no contour seats. If it was possible to switch I would switch with you in a heartbeat. I have leg pains when driving the massage would have been nice.

On 5/18/2022 at 4:57 PM, manko said:

Just following up on my previous post.  I asked if they were going to be able to be able to ship then without the module and have the dealer install it later.   Here’s the response which looks very promising.  If it means I can finally get my truck I’ll take this option in a heartbeat.

0B0CE98A-3559-4F29-BD81-FD1206B176B2.jpeg

I wish I knew for sure that ford would build and ship my KRU to the dealer and have the contour seat module installed later by the dealer. That’s what I was wondering about when I first heard of the problem. Why couldn’t they just install the chip/module at the dealer at a later date. Ford needs to give us an answer on that asap. I don’t want to delete that option but I don’t want my truck on hold for months either.

31 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

If I ever get scheduled for my KRU apparently with no contour seats. If it was possible to switch I would switch with you in a heartbeat. I have leg pains when driving the massage would have been nice.

On 5/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, 787Toolman said:

787Toolman can you post some pictures of your KRU? Until mine comes in, I’ll have to live vicariously through you.??

On 5/23/2022 at 4:36 AM, King ranch 62 said:

787Toolman can you post some pictures of your KRU? Until mine comes in, I’ll have to live vicariously through you.??

Look on the thread with pictures of delivered trucks around end of April, mine are on there but only the outside...

On 5/23/2022 at 4:17 AM, King ranch 62 said:

how is your truck equipped or configured?  maybe add a PDF of your build sheet or paste a screen shot on your reply.

Has anyone determined if Ford has cancelled the massage seats in all of their vehicles or just some of them?   It could be that they are diverting their limited quantities to one particular vehicle ...  COUGH COUGH ... F-150 Lightning ...  COUGH COUGH   I haven't checked yet but I could see that happening. 

• Like 2