Multi-Contour Seat Hold (Message Seat)

yorid

57 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Has anyone determined if Ford has cancelled the massage seats in all of their vehicles or just some of them?   It could be that they are diverting their limited quantities to one particular vehicle ...  COUGH COUGH ... F-150 Lightning ...  COUGH COUGH   I haven't checked yet but I could see that happening. 

Good grief get over it already.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Monoman said:

Has anyone determined if Ford has cancelled the massage seats in all of their vehicles or just some of them?   It could be that they are diverting their limited quantities to one particular vehicle ...  COUGH COUGH ... F-150 Lightning ...  COUGH COUGH   I haven't checked yet but I could see that happening. 

My first thought would be to their Lincoln vehicles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Good grief get over it already.   

I will probably get banned but ..

if I had to guess you’re a Ford employee and I am sure you’re tired of seeing your employer getting bashed but.. “Good Grief get over it!!” People are tired of Ford, or any other corporations for that matter, using the Covid card. There is sufficient real information for those who seek it about Ford and others, pressing the pause button on chip and commodity suppliers when Covid hit and once that train is stopped it’s hard at best to restart it as supply gets diverted. I get it I personally would have assessed cash flow and kept the chips/commodities  coming as I know I would use them eventually when the dust settles but I am not a multi-billion dollar corporation. I guarantee that Ford is trying their best to recover but they have also done damage assessment to the 2023 line and how best to mitigate further impact and damage there. This would mean they have seen the end of the line for 22MY and have already had their commodity suppliers geared up and released on 23MY parts so that they can be more efficient when the order banks open and can look really smart(which honestly at the point they at now is the smart thing to do even though in the process the consumer is getting force fed a crap sandwich).

all in all it is a simple ROI evaluation and it is easier to crap on the few remaking 22MY customers rather than crapping on the upcoming 23 on slaughter.

in the end let us vent 

I can assure you I’m not a Ford employee and neither are the other moderators.  I’m a 35 yr IT professional with a fortune 50 company in a totally unrelated market.  

The potential downturn when Covid hit was completely unpredictable.  Continuing to purchase components of any kind at pre pandemic levels was potential suicide if the market had not recovered quickly.  And nobody predicted that it would be this difficult to restart the supply chain.  There was also a fire in Japan last year that only impacted Ford.

But microchips production is only part of the issue.  Shipping may be a bigger issue and that affects everything not just microchips.

I’m seeing vendors like Dell and HP and Cisco unable to deliver servers and network gear due to missing power supplies, network cards and a dozen other components.  Some things are 12 month lead times.  We’re having to scrounge everything.  $100k devices are being held up because of a $2 component.  If you think this is just Ford or just vehicles you’re not paying attention.

So your assertion that Ford is “playing the pandemic card” is just plain wrong and ridiculous.  And as moderators we don’t want to see things like that repeated over and over.   Nothing is being deleted or censored I’m simply asking you to move on from that train of thought.

• Like 2

Ordered one Freightliner dump truck Jan 2021 and took delivery late April 2022. Ordered another June 2021 and looking like late June early July 2022 delivery.  Working on ordering a 3rd in a few weeks.  Going through a different dealer on this one and they say about a year and they even saved a couple allocations "just in case".  Otherwise we are looking at 24-30 months.  

Fleet manger is trying to order a couple ambulance chassis and he's being told those will be a MY2025 or 2026.  WTH? 

Could use a couple more pickups but all we are able to get are service body configurations.  Not sure where they are coming from but we find one or two of those now and then.  No one is taking fleet orders at this time.  

Finished building our house in September 2021.  Contractor just got the slider screen doors last week.  

Buddy of mine builds custom aluminum boats.  He has 2 years of orders but won't start a build unless he's got the motor.  Outboards are 6 plus month out or more depending on brand. 

At this rate it will be years before things are "normal"... 

Edited by River Wild
  • Like 1

I hit the lottery and solved MY multi-contour seat issue.

I cancelled my dream truck order as I personally am very challenged to accept something that is sub-par to the base trim level that I ordered(a platinum). What I was fortunate enough to do was find a Platinum that was on a lot that had all the platinum base equipment plus several of the options that I was dead set on. Now it’s not my first choice of color or interior but it is a complete Platinum.  so thanks to someone double ordering to see which order came in first and cancelling to other I picked up a truck so that I am not without all summer or potentially into next year. All in all I don’t agree with ordering multiple trucks from multiple dealers to double down on your chances of getting a build sooner but thankfully someone did and it worked out for me. 

best of luck to everyone else waiting on a build date, build or delivery I hope you get yours expeditiously and that Ford builds ALL THAT THEY ACCEPTED orders on(my crystal ball and I have an opinion on this but we all know what opinions are good for)

as ingenious and resourceful as this community is I feel confident that someone will come up with a way to add MC functionality after the fact IF the actual bladders are installed and the missing component is limited to only a module(which I don’t think anyone can confirm and it’s only speculation). Big question will then be the cost which will most likely be far more than the credit if $300. 

fwiw one very important option missing on my new truck is the power deployed running boards. They can be added after the fact with some significant work(for the oem boards) at a significant cost (around $2500 parts only). The stock tremor boards are no where near comparable in cost even though at the time of ordering it is a no cost swap.

Bottom line is focus the effort on finding a retrofit solution as this group can do it as it is just a matter of how much time, effort and $$$ you want to invest. Yes I am very unhappy, yes I am very disappointed but nothing we can do about it unfortunately it is a crap sandwich and if you want a truck this year your gonna have to eat it or find one that someone has cancelled 

I will not stir the pot anymore?

proud owner of a 22’ CCSB F250 Platinum Tremor 6.7 in carbonized gray with a winch(no missing 6.7 sensors and fully functional multi-contour seats)

Edited by Cglenn
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Cglenn said:

I hit the lottery and solved MY multi-contour seat issue.

I cancelled my dream truck order as I personally am very challenged to accept something that is sub-par to the base trim level that I ordered(a platinum). What I was fortunate enough to do was find a Platinum that was on a lot that had all the platinum base equipment plus several of the options that I was dead set on. Now it’s not my first choice of color or interior but it is a complete Platinum.  so thanks to someone double ordering to see which order came in first and cancelling to other I picked up a truck so that I am not without all summer or potentially into next year. All in all I don’t agree with ordering multiple trucks from multiple dealers to double down on your chances of getting a build sooner but thankfully someone did and it worked out for me. 

best of luck to everyone else waiting on a build date, build or delivery I hope you get yours expeditiously and that Ford builds ALL THAT THEY ACCEPTED orders on(my crystal ball and I have an opinion on this but we all know what opinions are good for)

as ingenious and resourceful as this community is I feel confident that someone will come up with a way to add MC functionality after the fact IF the actual bladders are installed and the missing component is limited to only a module(which I don’t think anyone can confirm and it’s only speculation). Big question will then be the cost which will most likely be far more than the credit if $300. 

fwiw one very important option missing on my new truck is the power deployed running boards. They can be added after the fact with some significant work(for the oem boards) at a significant cost (around $2500 parts only). The stock tremor boards are no where near comparable in cost even though at the time of ordering it is a no cost swap.

Bottom line is focus the effort on finding a retrofit solution as this group can do it as it is just a matter of how much time, effort and $$$ you want to invest. Yes I am very unhappy, yes I am very disappointed but nothing we can do about it unfortunately it is a crap sandwich and if you want a truck this year your gonna have to eat it or find one that someone has cancelled 

I will not stir the pot anymore?

proud owner of a 22’ CCSB F250 Platinum Tremor 6.7 in carbonized gray with a winch(no missing 6.7 sensors and fully functional multi-contour seats)

I have STILL not heard a peep from my dealer regarding this issue.  NOTHING.   

I'm glad you got your truck with minimal compromise.   For those of us that will take delivery of trucks that do not have all the options we wanted, I wonder how many will be traded in in the first 12-24 months when this crunch is over.   I'm sure we will take a bath on the re-sale values.

Ford chat told me my truck is being moved but didn't know where and is still on the seat chip hold. The KTP guy said they have not yet been able to develop a plan for the trucks already built and on seat chip hold.  My dealer has been great and gave me all the information they could throughout this whole ordeal. Ordered 6/7/21 wait time 355 day. Ford's ETA 10/20/22 - 144 days wait. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, yorid said:

Ford chat told me my truck is being moved but didn't know where and is still on the seat chip hold. The KTP guy said they have not yet been able to develop a plan for the trucks already built and on seat chip hold.  My dealer has been great and gave me all the information they could throughout this whole ordeal. Ordered 6/7/21 wait time 355 day. Ford's ETA 10/20/22 - 144 days wait. It is what it is.

Yorid,

I was looking around the country, like Cglenn did, to see what’s available out here

Huntley Ford by Chicago has a 22 F250 Platinum in Iconic Silver with 2.6k miles on it for about $78k…seats should be good and has AS, if you don’t want to wait.

I’d consider it, if it weren’t for the fact we have a Platti Tremor on order…11 months unscheduled.

Jusr a thought 

PS We may still consider it if we don’t get scheduled soon.

Edited by sjmcken81
Addition

1 hour ago, sjmcken81 said:

I was looking around the country, like Cglenn did, to see what’s available out here

Huntley Ford by Chicago has a 22 F250 Platinum in Iconic Silver with 2.6k miles on it for about $78k…seats should be good and has AS, if you don’t want to wait.

I’d consider it, if it weren’t for the fact we have a Platti Tremor on order…11 months unscheduled.

Jusr a thought 

Appreciate the response but I like the F350 Platinum, plus now I'm in this for the long haul. Don't need it right away. 

On 5/25/2022 at 2:26 PM, River Wild said:

Ordered one Freightliner dump truck Jan 2021 and took delivery late April 2022. Ordered another June 2021 and looking like late June early July 2022 delivery.  Working on ordering a 3rd in a few weeks.  Going through a different dealer on this one and they say about a year and they even saved a couple allocations "just in case".  Otherwise we are looking at 24-30 months.  

Fleet manger is trying to order a couple ambulance chassis and he's being told those will be a MY2025 or 2026.  WTH? 

Could use a couple more pickups but all we are able to get are service body configurations.  Not sure where they are coming from but we find one or two of those now and then.  No one is taking fleet orders at this time.  

Finished building our house in September 2021.  Contractor just got the slider screen doors last week.  

Buddy of mine builds custom aluminum boats.  He has 2 years of orders but won't start a build unless he's got the motor.  Outboards are 6 plus month out or more depending on brand. 

At this rate it will be years before things are "normal"... 

I have  still have 11 Freightliner M2's on order since early 2021 that are not in yet.. I still have 1 ordered October of 2020 that WAS due 1/4/2022 that had not arrived yet.. I just ordered 10 more for Q3 of 2023 delivery.

For anyone thinking it's a Ford thing, save it for someone who wants to hear it.. These darn supply chain issues are a result of MANY issues all piled on top of each other.  Heck, I crossed the Annapolis Bay Bridge the other week, there were 15 cargo ships anchored/floating stacked and racked waiting to get into the ports for unloading....Was camping this past weekend and my neighbor for the weekend was the assistant Manager of a pier .. They are trying desperately to get dock workers WHO actually want to work !.  The new generation is all about IT/tech/ anything but blue collar....ALL that and toss in a factory fire/ driver shortage and near $7.00 per gallon diesel.. 

Can you say Cluster Fluck  ! ! ! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ford truck guy said:

I have  still have 11 Freightliner M2's on order since early 2021 that are not in yet.. I still have 1 ordered October of 2020 that WAS due 1/4/2022 that had not arrived yet.. I just ordered 10 more for Q3 of 2023 delivery.

For anyone thinking it's a Ford thing, save it for someone who wants to hear it.. These darn supply chain issues are a result of MANY issues all piled on top of each other.  Heck, I crossed the Annapolis Bay Bridge the other week, there were 15 cargo ships anchored/floating stacked and racked waiting to get into the ports for unloading....Was camping this past weekend and my neighbor for the weekend was the assistant Manager of a pier .. They are trying desperately to get dock workers WHO actually want to work !.  The new generation is all about IT/tech/ anything but blue collar....ALL that and toss in a factory fire/ driver shortage and near $7.00 per gallon diesel.. 

Can you say Cluster Fluck  ! ! ! 

It isn't any better on the West Coast either. Lots of ships anchored off all the major ports.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 5:09 PM, sjmcken81 said:

Yorid,

Jusr a thought 

PS We may still consider it if we don’t get scheduled soon.

Hell, I would have jumped on that silver plat.  It is what I have on order (with Tremor option), since the beginning of Jan with no movement.  Hopefully the seat issue gets some vin numbers moving.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gearguywb said:

Hell, I would have jumped on that silver plat.  It is what I have on order (with Tremor option), since the beginning of Jan with no movement.  Hopefully the seat issue gets some vin numbers moving.

I was tempted, but want my Platti Tremor…a derated F350 instead of normal F250.

Also, just got a Weight Safe True Tow Wdh, so maybe make the F150 Max-Tow a little more stable towing.

If so, maybe cancel/pass on the 1/2 Platti Tremor, no mc seats, and reorder a 23…keep the F150 in the interim 

PS Like many other Platti orders, very pissed about this, especially given 11 months without scheduling.

Edited by sjmcken81
Addition

Just wanted to give an update on the multi contour seats for those of you stuck in production. 

My build day on my F450 Platinum was 5/26.  Tracker still shows in production.  Im actually already fully built including the spray in bedliner, but in a corporate stop ship awaiting the MCS modules.  I checked with Ford and my order has an ETA to the dealer of 6/30-7/6 (and I’m in CA).  This “hopefully” means they are expecting modules soon.  I have gotten confirmation from someone in the know at the factory that the trucks built with the MC seats awaiting the modules will be getting them installed before shipping (meaning they will not be deleted).  The future trucks that are getting the feature deleted have different internals being installed in the seats.  As of yesterday (6/2), they were still building them with the multi contour seats.  I’m not sure when they will switch over to the deleted seats.  And yes, I know some people were built in May and had their MC seats deleted.  These were the test trucks for the deleted MC seat hardware.  If you’re already passed your build day and you want to see if your MC seats have been deleted, simply look under “Accessories” on the tracker page for “Multi-Contour Delete”.  If you don’t see that - then you are most likely also on a corporate stop ship awaiting the modules. 

Edited by manko
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, manko said:

My build day on my F450 Platinum was 5/26.  Tracker still shows in production.  Im actually already fully built including the spray in bedliner, but in a corporate stop ship awaiting the MCS modules.  I checked with Ford and my order has an ETA to the dealer of 6/30-7/6

I know I'm built 5/14 F350 Plat. and on the seat hold. Thats good news, I've been told on ford chat that I had a 6/27 date then they tell me I have a 10/20 date so who knows. 

Edited by yorid

What is/will be required to add Multi-Contour (Massage Seats) at a later date?

my assumption is a module (maybe 2, 1 for each seat) and the massage mechanism in the seat and probably a FORSCAN update. 
is this correct? If so, where is the module(s) located for the seats? 
Thanks in advance!

57 minutes ago, Nikolaiss said:

What is/will be required to add Multi-Contour (Massage Seats) at a later date?

my assumption is a module (maybe 2, 1 for each seat) and the massage mechanism in the seat and probably a FORSCAN update. 
is this correct? If so, where is the module(s) located for the seats? 
Thanks in advance!

Nobody knows yet.  Could be relatively simple might be virtually impossible.  

On 6/9/2022 at 9:54 AM, akirby said:

Nobody knows yet.  Could be relatively simple might be virtually impossible.  

True no body has said / posted or even any speculated on what Ford is going to do with the trucks already built waiting for the module to be installed there or at the dealer. Does Ford have a plan on how this is going tp be handled.