Multi-Contour Seat Hold (Message Seat)

yorid

2 hours ago, yorid said:

True no body has said / posted or even any speculated on what Ford is going to do with the trucks already built waiting for the module to be installed there or at the dealer. Does Ford have a plan on how this is going tp be handled. 

The trucks on hold for the mcs modules will continue to be on hold until the modules come in and are installed.  Trucks being built from here on out will have the feature deleted. The trucks with the multi contour delete have different hardware installed in the seats - so it won’t be possible to just add the modules later to add the feature back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 22Tremor said:

Has there been indication if the MC Seat delete is going to be mandatory when the 2023 ordering opens?

That question won't be answered until the 2023 Super Duty Order Guide is released after Ford announces the 2023MY Super Duty production schedule and the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. Any information posted prior to this is just speculation. 

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

That question won't be answered until the 2023 Super Duty Order Guide is released after Ford announces the 2023MY Super Duty production schedule and the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. Any information posted prior to this is just speculation. 

Good to know.  Thank You.

On 6/12/2022 at 10:26 AM, 22Tremor said:

Has there been indication if the MC Seat delete is going to be mandatory when the 2023 ordering opens?

No. It just won't be an option. Why even offer something they want you to delete? If they offer it, they can hopefully supply it.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:57 PM, manko said:

Just following up on my previous post.  I asked if they were going to be able to be able to ship then without the module and have the dealer install it later.   Here’s the response which looks very promising.  If it means I can finally get my truck I’ll take this option in a heartbeat.

0B0CE98A-3559-4F29-BD81-FD1206B176B2.jpeg

Any news on this? They should announce if it's a possibility or impossibility.  

1 hour ago, 4thTimer said:

Any news on this? They should announce if it's a possibility or impossibility.  

The same guy said today that the trucks on hold for the MCS modules will be getting them installed before they leave the factory.  The ones coming down the assembly line now with the delete are not getting the hardware needed to add the modules later.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, manko said:

The same guy said today that the trucks on hold for the MCS modules will be getting them installed before they leave the factory.  The ones coming down the assembly line now with the delete are not getting the hardware needed to add the modules later.  

I never personally  deleted  them 

10 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

I never personally  deleted  them 

Doesn't matter. You either sign a waiver before delivery accepting the vehicle without the feature, or you refuse to take delivery of the vehicle and the dealer transfers it to dealer stock. That is the only current option for the remaining model year if you are past the cutoff for the delete. 

On 6/18/2022 at 7:07 AM, yorid said:

Has anyone with a May build that was put on MCS hold get a built email yet?

May 10 is the last email I got 

I have vin and window sticker dated 05/18/22

Says still in production 

June 27 will be 8 months from order

I'm hoping it's built and I am on the short list for the mcs chip

Edited by KR450

1 hour ago, KR450 said:

Says still in production 

Your Window Sticker should indicate the Multi-Contour Seat status for your vehicle. 

1 hour ago, KR450 said:

Says still in production 

This would be at the bottom of your window sticker if your MCS was deleted

ws.JPG

Edited by yorid

An update on the MCS hold. I spoke with CS yesterday and asked about my order status.  I was told the usual “your vehicle is in production” with the same ETA as before.  I was about to end the call when I asked “so no changes on my microchip hold?”   The rep then said “I don’t see any chip holds on your vehicle”.  I felt that was strange since every other rep both chat and phone has always been able to see it.  I inquired with my dealer who made a phone call and they found out the MCS modules were installed in my truck on June 9th and it left the factory.  After finding this out another user also on the same mcs hold inquired and found out his were also installed on June 11th. But for some reason the order statuses are not being updated.  If you are on the MCS hold I would reach out to your dealer and ask them if they see a chip hold still listed on your truck.  If not, then it probably already got the modules installed like mine.  Current ETA listed is 6/30 - 7/6 despite still showing in production on the tracker. 

Edited by manko

On 6/20/2022 at 12:08 PM, ice-capades said:

Your Window Sticker should indicate the Multi-Contour Seat status for your vehicle. 

It's not on the window sticker or on the accessorie page

So I think hoping praying I made the cutoff

Had dealer look up vvr yesterday truck is definitely built and did leave and came back so must have gotten 5WP & spray in liner

Waiting on module I guess ?

Edited by KR450

On 6/20/2022 at 12:58 PM, manko said:

An update on the MCS hold. I spoke with CS yesterday and asked about my order status.  I was told the usual “your vehicle is in production” with the same ETA as before.  I was about to end the call when I asked “so no changes on my microchip hold?”   The rep then said “I don’t see any chip holds on your vehicle”.  I felt that was strange since every other rep both chat and phone has always been able to see it.  I inquired with my dealer who made a phone call and they found out the MCS modules were installed in my truck on June 9th and it left the factory.  After finding this out another user also on the same mcs hold inquired and found out his were also installed on June 11th. But for some reason the order statuses are not being updated.  If you are on the MCS hold I would reach out to your dealer and ask them if they see a chip hold still listed on your truck.  If not, then it probably already got the modules installed like mine.  Current ETA listed is 6/30 - 7/6 despite still showing in production on the tracker. 

That would be an awesome birthday present for my truck to show up ?

2 hours ago, manko said:

3 people from the FB group on MCS hold reported getting Built emails this morning.  Their production dates were 5/4, 5/5, and 5/9.  Finally some progress

I read that it great. I checked today still on hold. Waiting patiently Prod. 5/14

Edited by yorid

3 hours ago, yorid said:

I read that it great. I checked today still on hold. Waiting patiently Prod. 5/14

I've counted four posts so far today where the order status changed to built.  The latest one I saw was built 5/9.  So hopefully yours will be changing soon.  Mine was built 5/26 so I may have a little while to go.