Z Plan Trade Before 6 Months?

So we gave a family member a Z Plan for an Expedition and they've had the car for 2 months. He recently lost his job and wanted to trade it in for an  Ford Edge. I know there is some clause that he needs to keep the vehicle registered in his name for 6 months, but he needs some he can afford with losing his job. Has anyone dealt with this issue and if there were penalties? Little worried as it's kind of out of my hands if he just goes and trades it in.  

• ice-capades changed the title to Z Plan Trade Before 6 Months?
2 hours ago, broncing said:

So we gave a family member a Z Plan for an Expedition and they've had the car for 2 months. He recently lost his job and wanted to trade it in for an  Ford Edge. I know there is some clause that he needs to keep the vehicle registered in his name for 6 months, but he needs some he can afford with losing his job. Has anyone dealt with this issue and if there were penalties? Little worried as it's kind of out of my hands if he just goes and trades it in.  

I know a few people that have flipped Bronco's and haven't had anything said to them. In this case I don't think Ford would push it as its really easy to see the person lost their job and went to something less expensive. Worse is what GM is doing to people in Canada where they can't sell a vehicle for a year and there is a $1 lean of the vehicle.

Curious as well as to whether this is enforced or not, especially if the intent is not to profit off of the program but rather to move to a different (new!) Ford product for personal use.  Another example would be a customer who settled on a vehicle on the lot due to urgent need for a vehicle (e.g. their car was totaled), but also have something on order that better meets the customer's needs.  Depending on how long the vehicle on order takes, of course.  Asking for a friend (who may reach out to see if Ford has an official stance on this, if needed).

Edited by j2sys