Ordered 2022 F250 Bumped to 2023 F250

14 hours ago, mhubbardva said:

I can't understand how Ford really previews orders for scheduling. I spent some time on the phone with the regional Ford manager. They said this COVP is misunderstood. Each region still gets allocations. They are divided up between the dealers based on different incentives. The dealer does get additional allocation for the COVP order but still has restrictions. They said in this region a few dealers have COVP orders from November that simply have not been scheduled because they do not have allocation. 

Thats exactly what I said.  Allocation (in the normal nomenclature) isn’t the issue.  Normally you’d only have 500 retail orders to be scheduled out of 8k each week.  They would get incremental allocation and all 500 would get scheduled.  The rest would go by normal dealer allocation.

But there are more than 8k orders so there has to be some type of limit per dealer.

10 hours ago, akirby said:

That's exactly what I said.  Allocation (in the normal nomenclature) isn’t the issue.  Normally you’d only have 500 retail orders to be scheduled out of 8k each week.  They would get incremental allocation and all 500 would get scheduled.  The rest would go by normal dealer allocation.

But there are more than 8k orders so there has to be some type of limit per dealer.

Got it. But here is what I can not seem to reconcile. The regional manager said when the weekly or monthly number of orders that can be scheduled is determined. Lets sat its 500 a week. These are all numbers for the sake of discussion.This region gets 50. They have 20 dealers. The 50 trucks are not equally divided by the number of dealers. Some may get 10 and others get 0. This division is not tied to number of retail orders at all. Dealer A may have 100 verified orders and Dealer B may have 10. Dealer B may get 5 allocated and Dealer A may get 1. The dealer who has the most unscheduled validated retail orders has the incremental allocation but based on the criteria the regions availability number they may never get sone of their orders scheduled.  You would think if Ford is going to give incremental allocation for retail orders they would divide the regions availability each week up by the percentage of verified orders from each dealer. For example. Dealer 1 has 100 orders, Dealer 2 has 40 orders and dealer 3 has 10 orders. If the region is given 15 trucks Dealer 1 should get 10, dealer 2 should get 4 and dealer 3 should get 1. But according to the Ford Regional manager it doesn't work that way at all. 

Edited by mhubbardva

12 hours ago, mhubbardva said:

Got it. But here is what I can not seem to reconcile. The regional manager said when the weekly or monthly number of orders that can be scheduled is determined. Lets sat its 500 a week. These are all numbers for the sake of discussion.This region gets 50. They have 20 dealers. The 50 trucks are not equally divided by the number of dealers. Some may get 10 and others get 0. This division is not tied to number of retail orders at all. Dealer A may have 100 verified orders and Dealer B may have 10. Dealer B may get 5 allocated and Dealer A may get 1. The dealer who has the most unscheduled validated retail orders has the incremental allocation but based on the criteria the regions availability number they may never get sone of their orders scheduled.  You would think if Ford is going to give incremental allocation for retail orders they would divide the regions availability each week up by the percentage of verified orders from each dealer. For example. Dealer 1 has 100 orders, Dealer 2 has 40 orders and dealer 3 has 10 orders. If the region is given 15 trucks Dealer 1 should get 10, dealer 2 should get 4 and dealer 3 should get 1. But according to the Ford Regional manager it doesn't work that way at all. 

Well I agree that each dealer SHOULD get at least 1 vehicle each scheduling period for COVP orders.  Or at least do the allocations by order date.  But this is how Ford has always handled allocations between dealers.  The bigger dealers bring in the most profit so they get preferential treatment.

Ford tried to buck this trend with Bronco building by order date regardless of dealer, but dealers pushed back big time.

And remember, if Ford was building normally these COVP orders would get allocation and scheduled very quickly.  They’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.

• Like 1