Stock vs Retail Order Question

Hello All, 

I've seen conflicting information across a number of forums and hope that the knowledge here can give me some clarity. 

I currently have an "order" for a MY22 GT500 which currently sits as a "stock" order with a Priority Code of 01.

But as I understand it, this means that it's a "dealer order" for their own "stock" even though it's "for me" as the dealer would say, they knew they would order this car, but since I gave them a deposit when it gets in it's mine. 

Trouble is, I am seeing/hearing/being told that Ford is currently prioritizing orders that are "Retail" since they are customer orders and not just dealer inventory, various folks have asked me to get my dealer to change the order from stock to retail. The dealer is in a small town, and when I ask they tell me it's "impossible" to change the order from Stock to Retail.  

Given that I have a priority code of 01, and the dealer either doesn't know how, or doesn't want to, should I even worry about this?  Anyone know if Ford is glossing over my order since they think it's for dealer stock or should I be happy and patient with my 01 priority?

Cheers, 

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 3.39.35 PM.png

Edited by Gabriel_Shear
spelling

14 hours ago, Gabriel_Shear said:

Hello All, 

I've seen conflicting information across a number of forums and hope that the knowledge here can give me some clarity. 

I currently have an "order" for a MY22 GT500 which currently sits as a "stock" order with a Priority Code of 01.

But as I understand it, this means that it's a "dealer order" for their own "stock" even though it's "for me" as the dealer would say, they knew they would order this car, but since I gave them a deposit when it gets in it's mine. 

Trouble is, I am seeing/hearing/being told that Ford is currently prioritizing orders that are "Retail" since they are customer orders and not just dealer inventory, various folks have asked me to get my dealer to change the order from stock to retail. The dealer is in a small town, and when I ask they tell me it's "impossible" to change the order from Stock to Retail.  

Given that I have a priority code of 01, and the dealer either doesn't know how, or doesn't want to, should I even worry about this?  Anyone know if Ford is glossing over my order since they think it's for dealer stock or should I be happy and patient with my 01 priority?

Cheers, 

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 3.39.35 PM.png

Shelby Dealers receive allocation for only 1 Shelby GT500 per year, regardless of the order type. In your case, it won't matter that it's a stock order at priority code 01. Shelby GT500 orders are not part of the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) and do not earn incremental allocation. Shelby GT500 allocation is separate from Mustang allocation and the timing of when the allocation is granted for scheduling is determined by Ford. The Ford regional office usually notifies dealerships in advance that the Shelby GT500 order will be scheduled in an upcoming week. 

Dealers in the largest markets, with a high "Share of Nation" sales history (California, Nevada, Texas, Florida, etc.) do qualify for additional Shelby allocation. Dealers are notified of their annual Shelby allocation at the beginning of the Model Year.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Shelby Dealers receive allocation for only 1 Shelby GT500 per year, regardless of the order type. In your case, it won't matter that it's a stock order at priority code 01. Shelby GT500 orders are not part of the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) and do not earn incremental allocation. Shelby GT500 allocation is separate from Mustang allocation and the timing of when the allocation is granted for scheduling is determined by Ford. The Ford regional office usually notifies dealerships in advance that the Shelby GT500 order will be scheduled in an upcoming week. 

Dealers in the largest markets, with a high "Share of Nation" sales history (California, Nevada, Texas, Florida, etc.) do qualify for additional Shelby allocation. Dealers are notified of their annual Shelby allocation at the beginning of the Model Year.  

Thank You! 

I'll leave my dealer alone and cross my fingers that Flat Rock starts scheduling again soon. 

Cheers, 

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2022 at 9:48 PM, ice-capades said:

Hello Ice-capades, I have been reading your posts and am still in need for clarification.  The dealer says that early this year Ford regional said they are giving them 2 cars. one base and one HE.  The dealer will not know when the allocation will be, nor what options will be available.  Can you shed some light on what type of order this would be classified under and if this would be considered the annual Shelby allocation as well?  There is no order form or paperwork from the dealer, just what the Ford rep told them verbally..

5 hours ago, globaloval said:

Hello Ice-capades, I have been reading your posts and am still in need for clarification.  The dealer says that early this year Ford regional said they are giving them 2 cars. one base and one HE.  The dealer will not know when the allocation will be, nor what options will be available.  Can you shed some light on what type of order this would be classified under and if this would be considered the annual Shelby allocation as well?  There is no order form or paperwork from the dealer, just what the Ford rep told them verbally..

If the dealership was told that they would receive allocation for 2 Shelby vehicles, that's their annual allocation, regardless of option content. The Shelby allocation for the 2 vehicles could be assigned at different times.   

The Ford regional office will notify your Dealer, through the Ford Zone Manager, when the allocation will be granted so that your Dealer can make sure that they have the order submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). The Dealer will also be advised of any applicable commodity restraints that must be complied with for the order to get scheduled. The order will be reprioritized to 01 and will usually schedule within a few weeks. The orders can be submitted as either Stock or Retail order types.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1