“Built” but on chip hold

50 minutes ago, Michael Lappy said:

Usally if it’s chip it won’t say built. They are having shipping issues now. Expedition is saying it will be two months to ship

Dealer shows chip hold, no check mark on the built box but it's dated and they sent "built" email.  Plenty of trucks being shipped out.

Edited by Malaney

19 hours ago, Malaney said:

Dealer shows chip hold, no check mark on the built box but it's dated and they sent "built" email.  Plenty of trucks being shipped out.

My truck showed the same thing for several weeks after it was showing built. But once it shipped, I stopped by dealer and the sales guy handed me the print out of what they can see. Mine had changed from chip hold to shipping delay. So maybe in these crazy times it’s just waiting to get shipped. I know It’s discouraging to see others built after yours get delivered before yours ships. It took almost six weeks for mine to ship, hang in there your not alone in all this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JWardlaw said:

My truck showed the same thing for several weeks after it was showing built. But once it shipped, I stopped by dealer and the sales guy handed me the print out of what they can see. Mine had changed from chip hold to shipping delay. So maybe in these crazy times it’s just waiting to get shipped. I know It’s discouraging to see others built after yours get delivered before yours ships. It took almost six weeks for mine to ship, hang in there your not alone in all this.

It is what it is just hoping it gets here before PCO expires on 7/5. If not, that’s gonna be a slap in the face. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malaney said:

It is what it is just hoping it gets here before PCO expires on 7/5. If not, that’s gonna be a slap in the face. 

you have the option the close the deal on 7/5 with dealer to get the PCO, that's what I did.  Moderators and some members will call you a fool, but I was okay with that.  Saved me $2k and name calling didn't hurt me.  Their rationale makes some sense, but to be honest, there is always risk, just try to keep it as low as possible, plus my dealer promised me that I would have no losses if the truck arrived damaged and I had already paid.

2 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

you have the option the close the deal on 7/5 with dealer to get the PCO, that's what I did.  Moderators and some members will call you a fool, but I was okay with that.  Saved me $2k and name calling didn't hurt me.  Their rationale makes some sense, but to be honest, there is always risk, just try to keep it as low as possible, plus my dealer promised me that I would have no losses if the truck arrived damaged and I had already paid.

Oh please nobody called you names.  We just pointed out how risky it is to do that.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

I thought about this. Got my loan ready through credit Union, need to see if I can complete paperwork with them and I hold the check until truck is here. CU says they do it all the time before vehicle delivery. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Called ford customer care today truck is definitely build and on chip hold said June 24 delivery I'm not holding my breath ordered 10/27/21

F450 KR ULT LOADED 

Printed out window sticker but still Says in production 

Wife will be very happy if I get the massage seats 

1st post but long time follower

1 hour ago, KR450 said:

Called ford customer care today truck is definitely build and on chip hold said June 24 delivery I'm not holding my breath ordered 10/27/21

F450 KR ULT LOADED 

Printed out window sticker but still Says in production 

Wife will be very happy if I get the massage seats 

1st post but long time follower

If your window sticker doesn’t have the credit you should be getting the “whole” seat.  I was on chip hold for a few weeks, then rail delay, now they say awaiting shipment. Modules were live a month ago and still haven’t left KTP. Not sure what the hold up is now.

• 2 weeks later...