F Series build in air compressor

Anyone do much off-roading on sand along the beach.  I live on the east coast and there are a number of beach’s that allow driving on the beach. This requires you to let a significant amount of air out of your tires.  I.E. down to 15..20lbs.  This is always a challenge when coming off the beach and need to refill your tires.  Looking for a way to install a built in compressor that works quicker and better then using a portable plug in compressor.  Thanks!!

Viair has some systems that one can hard mount with a small tank.  Do a search over on FTE and you'll find a few posts regarding install.  Not sure if this is cheaper than the ARB though.

FWIW - I have a portable Viair (400P-RVS) that so far has been great and I can toss it in whatever I'm driving.   

• Like 1

I plan on mounting a compressor and tank to the frame to run a horn off of. Then I'll just run another line and mount an air fitting somewhere on the truck. Probably in the bed, bumper or next to gas cap where def nozzel would be. 

• Like 1

Moved my Viair 450c compressor  from the old ride along with the 4 gal air tank and horns. Plenty of air for horns, have used it to air tires and run nailer on a couple projects. 

Tank mounted on passenger  side between  can and rear wheel, horns on drivers side.

Compressor  mounted in bed, front right side and air chuck in bed on right rear. Protected from the weather with bed cover. 

• Like 1

Following...  

Just back from a trip to Escalante with the RV where I wished I had options to adjust psi.   After parking the rig I would have loved to drop 20+ lbs while navigating all the washboard dirt roads.   

• Like 1

I would think pulling a trailer, a compressor would be far more than a convenience.  You've got a bunch of tires and altitude/temperature changes and other situations where you might want to adjust the pressure.  Not to mention tire repairs or if you need to just blow something off. The main question is what wat to go? On board the truck is convenient but the entire weight counts against you. Mounted in the trailer reduces the weight but is only good if you're towing most of the time. Then there's portable.

• Like 1