'22 Bronco Raptor Makes 418HP

• ANTAUS changed the title to '22 Bronco Raptor Makes 418HP

What we all knew...the Coyote 5.0L fits! and if the Coyote fits, the Godzilla surely will!!

Purpose-built and turnkey, Bronco DR – Desert Racer – is intended for off-road use only. It builds upon the already impressive capability of the production Bronco, bolstering that with a third-generation Ford Coyote 5.0-liter V8 engine that aims to generate more than 400 hp, Multimatic Positional Selective DSSV Dampers and Multimatic safety cage, plus a host of other racing hardware upgrades.

33 minutes ago, twintornados said:

What we all knew...the Coyote 5.0L fits! and if the Coyote fits, the Godzilla surely will!!

Not necessarily on a production vehicle though.  Purpose built race vehicles are vastly different when it comes to cooling, exhaust, A/C, etc.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Not necessarily on a production vehicle though.  Purpose built race vehicles are vastly different when it comes to cooling, exhaust, A/C, etc.

Yeah, I am not sure that is street legal. 

"Purpose-built and turnkey, Bronco DR – Desert Racer – is intended for off-road use only. "

23 hours ago, akirby said:

Isn't the DR built to specific race class rules? And it probably has a custom tube frame which would make fitting whatever engine you want a whole lot easier. Having said that, if the stock Bronco/Ranger T6 frame has been modified (widened) to fit a V6 with turbos hanging off the cylinder heads (no separate exhaust manifolds on the Nano) then fitting a Coyote becomes much easier. 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:25 AM, Broncofan7 said:

Perhaps if the F-150 Raptor R does well, Ford will make a Bronco Raptor R with the 6.8L V-8...

They will sell every Raptor R model they produce, and it still won’t be enough.

12 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

Isn't the DR built to specific race class rules? And it probably has a custom tube frame which would make fitting whatever engine you want a whole lot easier. Having said that, if the stock Bronco/Ranger T6 frame has been modified (widened) to fit a V6 with turbos hanging off the cylinder heads (no separate exhaust manifolds on the Nano) then fitting a Coyote becomes much easier. 

I think it’s a regular chassis with modifications.  I don’t think width is a problem but length might be.

1 hour ago, tbone said:

They will sell every Raptor R model they produce, and it still won’t be enough.

I agree; I also feel that would apply to potential Raptor R versions of the Bronco and Ranger (the potential for the latter was discussed publicly by Ford).

Edited by Broncofan7
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 8:24 AM, blksn8k2 said:

And it probably has a custom tube frame 

No, it actually uses a production frame with "modifications" (from the Ford media link posted earlier):

building on a 2022 Bronco four-door frame and adding unique body and chassis modifications for high-speed desert racing, 

On 5/27/2022 at 11:35 AM, Broncofan7 said:

I agree; I also feel that would apply to potential Raptor R versions of the Bronco and Ranger (the potential for the latter was discussed publicly by Ford).

Rumour that Ford actually built two Ranger Coyote mules in Thailand during development as part of a proposal for a  post factory conversion for Ausie based extreme enthusiasts but nothing came from that, now looks like the engineering was intended for the Raptor R that we now see.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 2:34 AM, jpd80 said:

Rumour that Ford actually built two Ranger Coyote mules in Thailand during development as part of a proposal for a  post factory conversion for Ausie based extreme enthusiasts but nothing came from that, now looks like the engineering was intended for the Raptor R that we now see.

Yeah, I heard some reports about this... I wonder if that is going to contribute to a Ranger Raptor R in the future