Next Gen Mustang Tomorrow?

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Or is is a special edition?

I hope it's the s650. Let's rule out what it probably isn't. There's basically zero chance that it's like a radical gt500r or some other extreme performance model to send off the s550. Initially, I was thinking some sort of blacked out package, but as someone mentioned earlier, the mustang already has the midnight package or whatever it is called. So another similar package wouldn't make sense. I doubt it's the production s650 being revealed, they wouldn't just reveal something like that with little buildup. I'm thinking it's the s650 in racecar form. Would tease what the s650 will look like, without actually showing off the production car. 

Some sort of special edition is my guess.

The round peg square hole riddle is kind of weird. But I'm guessing the spade and sun glass means it is a stealth edition convertible, similar to the Expedition stealth edition. 

Edited by bzcat

37 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Some sort of special edition is my guess.

The round peg square hole riddle is kind of weird. But I'm guessing the spade and sun glass means it is a stealth edition convertible, similar to the Expedition stealth edition. 

They already announced one of those a few months ago 

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

People we're wondering if those images are an s550 or an s650. Hard to say, with that submission screen, the hood looks like a 2018, but the fender looks new. Interesting.

Don't overthink it. It's a contest to name the blackout package that was announced a few months ago. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

Ford really needs to work on its marketing team. Naming a black accent package is not something that needs to hyped up on Twitter. Nobody cares and you probably pissed more people off with this who were expecting something better.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

So is the refreshed model coming next year considered all new?!

Ford is referring to it as all new. Borg is speculating over on GMI that the 5.0 hybrid has been cancelled which seems plausible given that it wont be available on the 24 model. Maybe a casualty along with the all wheel drive model. 

7 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

Ford is referring to it as all new. Borg is speculating over on GMI that the 5.0 hybrid has been cancelled which seems plausible given that it wont be available on the 24 model. Maybe a casualty along with the all wheel drive model. 

That is a bit of a stretch calling it all new-the S550 was the S197 with IRS added....what else can they do with the S550 that would make it all new when the vast majority of the unibody would be the same. 

The S550 feels identical in seating position as the S197 does-its a not bad thing, but I def noticed that when I sat in one a few years back. 

9 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

I hope he's wrong, or S650 will be dead in the water as far as the rest of the world is concerned. Ecoboosts just didn't sell that well (here in the UK, 80% of sales were for the V8)...........so unless the V8 hybrid makes it over here, they may as well forget overseas sales :(