Buick Wildcat Concept

Blah blah blah new concept: Buick-Wildcat-front-driver-quarter-view.Buick%20Wildcat%20side.jpgBuick%20Wildcat%20door%20open.jpg

"We are on the cusp of true change, and this concept is a tangible vision of it," Sharon Gauci, executive director of global Buick-GMC design, said in a statement. "It inaugurates the next chapter in Buick's design heritage as we make the crucial transition to our all-electric future."Every future production vehicle will be informed by the Wildcat concept in some way, Gauci told Automotive News.

The Wildcat shows Buick's new face for EVs, with a low-mounted mouth where a grille would typically be and high-mounted, check mark-shaped headlights and taillights. The windshield wraps around the vehicle, edging into the side glass and flowing into the roofline. The left taillight also shows a black shape of a wildcat when illuminated.

"For Buick, sculptural beauty is really what we're going after," said Therese Pinazzo, Buick exterior and interior design manager. "The vehicle kind of feels like it's moving even when it's standing still."

I like how the screen is implemented in the dash in a more 'traditional' manner: Buick%20Wildcat%208.jpg

Edited by Harley Lover
https://www.autonews.com/cars-concepts/buick-wildcat-shows-brands-ev-look?utm_source=breaking-news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20220601&utm_content=hero-headline
  • Like 1

I think it looks pretty good overall.

Not a fan of the tail lights though don't like how they go up would prefer if they were just horizontal.

Also I think several websites have confirmed this is just a concept and won't actually get built which is to be expected but a shame.

I'm surprised they even bothered with this. It is not a CUV and cars are Kryptonite to American car makers. This has zero chance of spawning a car or any such thing for the American market. It has a low probability of making a China market car with these styling features, but I'm not expecting that either.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 2:00 PM, atomcat68 said:

I'm surprised they even bothered with this. It is not a CUV and cars are Kryptonite to American car makers. This has zero chance of spawning a car or any such thing for the American market. It has a low probability of making a China market car with these styling features, but I'm not expecting that either.

Overall I like it, but to be honest, it doesn't look like it would be very hard to turn into a CUV with this styling. It just needs to be a bit taller and add another set of doors. 

I'm thinking along the lines of the Hyundai Ioniq 5

This is the new, fully-electric Hyundai Ioniq 5 | Top Gear

4 hours ago, 92merc said:

Why oh why isn't this called the Buick Electra??

A. In these prickly, sensitive times maybe Buick was concerned that they might potentially offend ethnic Greeks, or appear to condone the actions of a goddess and her brother murdering their mother's love interest. Kinda have to wonder why they used that name originally.

B. The original Buick Electra 225 (the overall length in inches) was the most chrome-laden luxurious model, and rode on GM's  B-chassis with the Oldsmobile 98 and all Cadillacs, and powered by Buick Div's most powerful Wildcat 401 cu in V8. The Wildcat name was used first in 1963 for the sporty model of the smaller C-body,  which included the entry level LeSabre and the mid level Invicta. Wildcats had the 401standard, along with bucket seats and optional styled steel wheels, often without whitewall tires; heresy for Beewiksof the day.