2022 Future Value.

22 hours ago, traveldawg said:

Pretty much like no one wants a 6.0 Diesel engine, will the 2022’s with deleted features be of less value than other model years immediately before and after the 22’s?

What 2022 truck has a 6.0L diesel engine?  2022 Super Duty has 6.7L, is that the engine you say no one wants?

Edited by 787Toolman
added 2022 to clarify my reply

7 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

I think you’re right, the mc delete trucks are gonna be hard to turn around when it’s time to sell. 

Well, I owned a 2017 Platinum with MC seats and I never used them, I have a 2022 King Ranch with them too but don't like the bottom cushions compared to my 2017 Platinum and I've tried the MC seats and just don't care for them.  So I'd buy a truck with no MC seats but I do want Adaptive Steering, I love how that system works as compared to not, especially for low speed turns and I think it also helps at highway speeds too.

21 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

No...KBB doesn't even account for half of the options available. The Platinum without the massage seats might be different though, because why else would you buy a Platinum.

Platinum also has better leather than Lariat and comes with a few other options bundled but those you could probably order individually.

19 minutes ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

You should bone up on your power stroke history. The 6.0 was a mid late 2000’s engine. 

Yeah, I recall that engine, I guess I thought he was referring to 2022, didn't catch the analogy to trucks with 6.0L diesel to MC seats, bad analogy IMHO.  I Can't imagine someone would compare an engine to MC seats, one is a necessity, one is not.

14 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Yeah, I recall that engine, I guess I thought he was referring to 2022, didn't catch the analogy to trucks with 6.0L diesel to MC seats, bad analogy IMHO.  I Can't imagine someone would compare an engine to MC seats, one is a necessity, one is not. 

OK.  Think in general terms and forget the analogy.

In 2 or 3 or 4 years, when folks go looking for a used '22 Limited or Platinum will they pass on one without MC seats (or whatever else Ford decides to delete) and instead opt for a '22 model with them thus making your '22 without them less valuable?

Edited by traveldawg

Couple of things to consider in this scenario.

How long until you sell it?  If in 2-3 years, you will take a bigger hit, especially if you paid msrp or higher.  As the years go on, the seats will be less the concern vs overall condition of the truck.  I’d say at 8-10 years it would be a moot point. 

Most people don’t research trucks very much and are pretty uninformed. I’d bet 90% of the people looking at a 2-3 year old truck would even know it.  The people on this forum are the researchers and might realize this, but Joe consumer walking onto the lot will have no clue, he will just see the Plati, or limited badge and be happy. 

• Like 1

Big Difference between a few creature comfort/luxury features. And a poorly Implemented motor that would leave you stranded on the road needing thousands in repairs. Sure some buyers may specifically want those features, but many probably wont notice/care a whole lot.

The 6.7 motor has proven itself now as a very robust reliable motor with very few serious problems. Its been in production for 11 years now with several enhancements and improvements over those years. It was designed and built from the scratch by ford. 

The 6.0 are actually making a comeback lately with properly (re)built/deleted ones becoming quite desirable as the previous 7.3's are becoming all but obsolete and incredibly hard to find trucks in good condition with them.

The 6.4 remains firmly in the avoid category though.

Edited by mattdm

On 6/4/2022 at 8:42 PM, traveldawg said:

OK.  Think in general terms and forget the analogy.

In 2 or 3 or 4 years, when folks go looking for a used '22 Limited or Platinum will they pass on one without MC seats (or whatever else Ford decides to delete) and instead opt for a '22 model with them thus making your '22 without them less valuable?

Off the top of your head, what features were standard on a 2015 Limited?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, akirby said:

Off the top of your head, what features were standard on a 2015 Limited?

Actually there are lots of places to get that exact information.  Personally I would never rely on data off the top of my head (it's too cluttered with other useless stuff).

wowens79 probably got the best reply and put some thought into it.....  I'd agree with him that most folks probably wouldn't, or don't do a lot of research on used vehicles.

26 minutes ago, traveldawg said:

Actually there are lots of places to get that exact information.  Personally I would never rely on data off the top of my head (it's too cluttered with other useless stuff).

wowens79 probably got the best reply and put some thought into it.....  I'd agree with him that most folks probably wouldn't, or don't do a lot of research on used vehicles.

That was my point - almost nobody is going to do that type of research on a used vehicle or care about an option that hasn’t been widely available,