A/Z Plan Cost

A dealer can choose to participate or not, choose which vehicles in inventory/retail orders to participate on, and, apparently, choose which customers they'll participate for, according to one sleazy dealer who would've sold an Escape under A-Plan, but not to me.

3 hours ago, j2sys said:

A dealer can choose to participate or not, choose which vehicles in inventory/retail orders to participate on, and, apparently, choose which customers they'll participate for, according to one sleazy dealer who would've sold an Escape under A-Plan, but not to me.

If you feel you were treated unfairly contact your State Attorney General office and file a formal complaint. 

25 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I thought they had to take A/Z but X was optional. Has that always been the case or did it change at some point? 

Not since at least October 13, 2018, though I don't believe it was new then, either.

Source - AZ-Plan program rules: https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/jsp/howitworks/myplan_az_rules.htm

Vehicles may be ordered from production or, if the dealer agrees, may be selected from the inventory of the dealership. Dealers are not required to participate, but if they do, they must be an authorized Ford Motor Company dealer for the product sold and agree to abide by the New Vehicle Purchase Program guidelines set forth in this document. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I thought they had to take A/Z but X was optional. Has that always been the case or did it change at some point? 

As far as I know, all "Plan" participation by Dealers is optional which I believe is stated in the link provided by j2sys.  

Edited by ice-capades
  • Thanks 1

Hi gang. Dealership participation in AXZ-Plan sales has always been voluntary/at their individual discretion. A dealership can choose who, where, when etc. they wish to accept or decline an AXZ-Plan sale with any/all customers, vehicle and/or sale.

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi gang. Dealership participation in AXZ-Plan sales has always been voluntary/at their individual discretion. A dealership can choose who, where, when etc. they wish to accept or decline an AXZ-Plan sale with any/all customers, vehicle and/or sale.

Good luck.

Considering a dealer will make a minimum of 8%, (with Ford kickback for taking the order) and the order does not affect their allotment, it behooves a dealer to take the plan as a gesture of goodwill, and the added customer appreciation and thus someone who will tell all their friends and family members where to go (theoretically). AKA: Free advertising...........I personally had to go to two dealers in order to find one that would take my Plan order for my 2022 Expedition. The first one made it sound like a major hassle they did not want to deal with, the second, in and out in under 30 minutes, with all proper paperwork duly filled out, signed off on, and submitted in the system, go figure.

Bill

• Like 2