Ranger 2022 Super Crew rear seat

1 hour ago, napwife said:

Trying to find a answer for the rear seat question.  Our back seat locks in the upright position but when you put it down it doesn't lock.  Is it suppose to just sit there or is it suppose to lock in place?

It should lock down. Mine did on my 2019 and also does on my 2022. Give it a good slam down. If it still doesn't lock down the latch might be out of adjustment.

I have a 2020 Ranger and I'm pretty sure it's the same as the '22.  Yes, the rear seat has a latch when it is "returned to its full upright and locked position." Mine is super finicky, too.  And very tight (so much so, it squeaks on the rubber mounts against which the seatback rests on the back wall of the cab). I think I took off the headrests once to get it to latch.  You might consider shaving down the rubber bump-stops--it shouldn't take much.  Once I got it re-latched I've left it, since there's no appreciable storage back there and the seatback doesn't fold down parallel with the floor anyway.  (I'm hoping the new Ranger will fix that oversight.) 

Thank you for your response.  But it is the bottom seat that won't latch.  There is a storage area under the seat and there is a latch and bar it is suppose to hook too but the latch doesn't engage at all.  It's in a fixed position.  I do have an appt to return it to the dealership but not until July.  I was hoping someone from the plant could tell me if it is suppose to latch.

4 hours ago, napwife said:

Thank you for your response.  But it is the bottom seat that won't latch.  There is a storage area under the seat and there is a latch and bar it is suppose to hook too but the latch doesn't engage at all.  It's in a fixed position.  I do have an appt to return it to the dealership but not until July.  I was hoping someone from the plant could tell me if it is suppose to latch.

yes, lock when in down position.

Edited by wildosvt