Diverting Chips to Other Vehicles

In a forum discussing the possible end for the Ford Escape, a few users mentioned chips were being diverted from Escape production so that other cars and trucks could be built. Does anyone know if this is true? The recent post about the foot activated hatch release being removed gave me some hope, but not if they're going to divert microchips away from the Escape altogether. 

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, TomServo92 said:

We just bought a 2022 Escape SEL that was supposed to have the "wave your foot under the bumper to open the liftgate" feature but it wasn't there due to chip shortages.

That's OK, it's more of a gimick and doesn't work worth a damn anyway.  At least, that's the case on our 2020.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

That's OK, it's more of a gimick and doesn't work worth a damn anyway.  At least, that's the case on our 2020.

Mine works 100% of the time on multiple vehicles.  You just have to learn to kick in and up like you’re hitting your shoelaces on the bottom of the bumper cover about a foot left or right of center.  Waving it back and forth does not work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Mine works 100% of the time on multiple vehicles.  You just have to learn to kick in and up like you’re hitting your shoelaces on the bottom of the bumper cover about a foot left or right of center.  Waving it back and forth does not work.

I've tried everything and I just can't get it to work reliably.  Maybe I'm putting my foot too far under?  Or, maybe I'm just technologically challenged!  ? 

On 8/23/2022 at 10:07 AM, akirby said:

Mine works 0% of the time...  because it was just built in August and sadly was subject to the feature delete.  I'd much rather have it than the $55 MSRP credit.

The 2020 Escape SEL rental I had in December worked very well for me.  It's not always necessary but there are definitely times it would come in handy.  Probably going to look into retrofitting the sensors when I get around to it.

Edited by j2sys
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 2:10 PM, j2sys said:

Mine works 0% of the time...  because it was just built in August and sadly was subject to the feature delete.  I'd much rather have it than the $55 MSRP credit.

The 2020 Escape SEL rental I had in December worked very well for me.  It's not always necessary but there are definitely times it would come in handy.  Probably going to look into retrofitting the sensors when I get around to it.

So, are you saying you already received your vehicle that was built this month? Or is that a statement as to the future, when it arrives? Mine was built in August also, but has not shipped.

39 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

So, are you saying you already received your vehicle that was built this month? Or is that a statement as to the future, when it arrives? Mine was built in August also, but has not shipped.

In production - August 4

Built - August 4

Delivered to dealer - August 8

And I've since picked it up.  Between the Escapes for that dealer and some Corsairs for a nearby Lincoln dealer, they had a full car hauler ready to go.  Only 2 states away from KY.  Meanwhile, Ford's order tracker still shows it as Shipped with no date, and the trucking company's tracker doesn't show it was delivered for some reason.

When was yours built?

My vehicle went into production the 7th, and was built on the 13th. The notification from Ford said it was built and that it was getting ready to be shipped. And then gave me a time frame of the 24th through the 30th of this month. However, as of now the tracker still shows that it has not been shipped yet. I understand others have had delays and shipping, not sure why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MyGreatEscape said:

My vehicle went into production the 7th, and was built on the 13th. The notification from Ford said it was built and that it was getting ready to be shipped. And then gave me a time frame of the 24th through the 30th of this month. However, as of now the tracker still shows that it has not been shipped yet. I understand others have had delays and shipping, not sure why.

Any number of things including the ongoing shortages and delays on the railroads and with the trucking companies getting enough trucks and drivers, unfortunately.  With everyone else's experiences, I wasn't expecting mine to show up that quickly.  Figured it would spend some time watching airplanes take off and land at Louisville airport nearby.  All I know is I'm enjoying it as expected and hopefully yours gets shipped out soon.  :)

• Like 1

I also have a 2022 Escape SEL that has been built and released to Rail (Window Sticker)

on Aug 10th but still not shipped. Ford Customer service claims a delivery date from Aug 29th thru September 4th! My dealer is 600 miles away located at Dahl /LM in Onalaska Wisconsin. Not sure if it will go convoy or rail!

On 8/26/2022 at 3:05 PM, MyGreatEscape said:

So, did you receive your Escape yet? I'm still waiting for my Escape delivery which is stating a September 4th date....but still not shipped as of today! It's been sitting in the yard since August 10th! 

I received another email yesterday from Ford that said that to ensure my complete satisfaction, they will require additional time before it is delivered to the dealership. That makes me think that it did not pass quality control rather than there being a slow shipping process. They estimate now sometime between September 19th and September 25th. My dealer does not return calls but the vehicle visibility report may show something to explain the delay.

46 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

I received another email yesterday from Ford that said that to ensure my complete satisfaction, they will require additional time before it is delivered to the dealership. That makes me think that it did not pass quality control rather than there being a slow shipping process. They estimate now sometime between September 19th and September 25th. My dealer does not return calls but the vehicle visibility report may show something to explain the delay.

Thats a form letter for all delays.  Don’t read anything more into it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 8:34 AM, MyGreatEscape said:

Thank you. That makes me feel better. I will continue to be patient.

Did you get your Escape yet? I am still waiting for my Escape to be shipped since its built and sitting in the rail yard since August 17th. It had an ETA of Aug 30th...then every week changed to Sept 4th....changed to Sept 13th....then changed today to October 9-13th!

Ford Customer Service rep verified vehicle is not on hold and simply awaiting to be shipped. Dealer claims they must wait and will call me once it arrives! I know about the rail strike, but I'm wondering there is something else going on! Totally frustrated!

No, I have not received my vehicle yet. It was built on the 13th and I was given a late August delivery date. Then I received a second email with an estimated time frame of either the 23rd with the 30th of this month. It still has not shipped. I am disappointed, but have been patient. My patience will wane if I start getting into late October. We shall see. The rail workers are going to go on strike very soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MyGreatEscape said:

No, I have not received my vehicle yet. It was built on the 13th and I was given a late August delivery date. Then I received a second email with an estimated time frame of either the 23rd with the 30th of this month. It still has not shipped. I am disappointed, but have been patient. My patience will wane if I start getting into late October. We shall see. The rail workers are going to go on strike very soon.

My friend, I feel your pain! 

13 hours ago, MyGreatEscape said:

Actually, after rereading the email, they stated expected delivery date the week of the 19th or the 25th of this month. But, seeing that it has not yet shipped and today is the 13th, I doubt either of those dates will work.

Now that the rail carriers are already slowing down and the inevitable strike this week, the plant will soon be filled to maximum with Escapes in addition to probably offsite parking.

I doubt they will prioritize shipping our Escapes , which have been sitting for a month already. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be closer to a couple months of sitting idle in the yard. Draining patience and battery! Ugh! 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked with your dealer to see what's the holdup?  Have they pulled up the Vehicle Visibility Report for you or are they still not getting back to you?  Could be a shipping delay but it's starting to sound like it's on hold for some reason, or the tracking system isn't updating.

Order tracker still only shows my Escape as shipped, though I've had it over a month, so it's not the best source of data (or ETAs).  Then again, the trucking company never marked the load as delivered and got a signature...

If the dealer won't help, you could use Ford's online chat channel to see i6f they can check the VVR for you: https://www.ford.com/help/contact/#chat