Diverting Chips to Other Vehicles

Thank you for the helpful information. I spoke to my dealer about 2 weeks ago, and they said it had not shipped, which matches the email communication I have. When I check the tracker, it still reflects the status as "built". Perhaps it is fully built but missing the badge? I read where 45,000 plus vehicles were sitting waiting on parts, in the same article as the badge shortage.

Ford's email landed in my inbox last night. It seems I am getting updated, but I will reach out again and try to chat as well.

Frustrating, and losing my patience though I understand others have waited longer. I'm about to give up.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

PS - I just chatted with Ford. However, I did not get any additional information other than the ETA. She gave me a phone number for new vehicle support team. I'll give that a try next. I was not aware they had that option.

I also was told to call 800-392-3673...Ford Customer Service. They were not much help. I was told delivery of my built Escape. ...Mid to late August .....revised to September 5....revised to September 15th....revised to October 15th.  There is no Regional Rep to contact , like the good old days! I'll keep watching how you progress. Battery is draining. 

3 hours ago, MyGreatEscape said:

Thank you for the helpful information. I spoke to my dealer about 2 weeks ago, and they said it had not shipped, which matches the email communication I have. When I check the tracker, it still reflects the status as "built". Perhaps it is fully built but missing the badge? I read where 45,000 plus vehicles were sitting waiting on parts, in the same article as the badge shortage.

Ford's email landed in my inbox last night. It seems I am getting updated, but I will reach out again and try to chat as well.

Frustrating, and losing my patience though I understand others have waited longer. I'm about to give up.

A first

But this marks the first time an automaker was known to have been impacted by a shortage of badges.

There’s no question that they’re an important part of a vehicle. Every Ford built today features the company’s name in a familiar blue and chrome emblem.

How important is that Blue Oval badge? Consider that Ford has, in some instances, let vehicles leave the factory minus some chips needed to operate functions like seat massagers in high-line products. It told F-150 Lightning customers they could take delivery of the new, all-electric pickups minus power running boards in 2022 — or wait for next year if they just had to have that optional feature.

Ford dealer No Ford vehicles without a badge are being shipped to dealers, which means the company is sitting on a load of vehicles right now.

But, according to a report first published by the Wall Street Journal, the carmaker drew the line at letting its products get to dealers with the badges missing.

What happened?

Ford looked at other options, including the use of badges produced by 3D stereo printing methods. But it found they just didn’t meet the quality the company required.

So, it seems, some otherwise completed products will have to sit in factory lots until a new supply of the logos can be found.

What happened to those badges? It seems the supplier, Michigan-based Tribar Technologies, is in hot water for leaking a carcinogenic compound called hexavalent chromium into the Huron River this past summer. That led to an order restricting access to a river popular with boaters, swimmers and fishermen. Tribar only this month received conditional approval to resume operations and it isn’t clear if it has gotten back to its normal operating speed yet.

Ford sidelines thousands of vehicles

2022 Ford F-150 Tremor - front 3-4 Many of the nearly 45,000 vehicles Ford is holding on to as it waits for badges, are high-priced full-size pickups and SUVs.

Last week, Ford announced it expected anywhere from 40,000 to 45,000 “high-demand, high-margin models of popular trucks and SUVs” to be impacted by various parts shortages.

But it left open questions about what vehicles and which missing parts.

Ford isn’t offering much detail but it appears that F-150 pickups — its most profitable product line — are among the vehicles on hold.

And it also appears likely that other shortages, including semiconductors, are contributing to the problem.

Wow, I think I saw my car in that parking lot! Thank you for your writeup up; it was very informative. I get that Ford does not want to release vehicles without its' name on them, but there were cars built the same week as mine where the owner is already driving their car. I am happy for them, but sad that this is just yet another delay for me.

18 hours ago, bobbyd said:

I also was told to call 800-392-3673...Ford Customer Service. They were not much help. I was told delivery of my built Escape. ...Mid to late August .....revised to September 5....revised to September 15th....revised to October 15th.  There is no Regional Rep to contact , like the good old days! I'll keep watching how you progress. Battery is draining. 

Hello again. I just noted the phone number I was provided is different than the one you posted here. From the chat session, the new vehicle support team's phone number is 1-800-334-4375. I don't know if that will make a difference in who you reach. I will give them a call sometime soon. Then again, the chat lady may have just been trying to get rid of me - lol!

10 hours ago, MyGreatEscape said:

Hello again. I just noted the phone number I was provided is different than the one you posted here. From the chat session, the new vehicle support team's phone number is 1-800-334-4375. I don't know if that will make a difference in who you reach. I will give them a call sometime soon. Then again, the chat lady may have just been trying to get rid of me - lol!

I called that number you posted and it's the same vehicle support group.  I did notice the plant is still producing vehicles and parking them . It's probably a 'wait and see' how quick the plant gets the badges to get our vehicles eventually shipped! 

• 1 month later...

In case this helps…

2022 Escape Titanium

- 2.0 engine

- Titanium elite package

Ordered 8/8

Scheduled for production 10/24

Awaiting shipment 11/15

According to window sticker, the only deleted features were the hands free liftgate and the wifi modem. Heated steering wheel and other electronics are still listed as included. 

Mine was shipped about 2 weeks ago. Confirmed with my dealer, then a week later I received an updated email from Ford stating it had shipped.

2022 Escape Hybrid SEL AWD

Technology package, panaromic roof

Hands free liftgate removal, but window sticker shows it does have Wi-Fi.

Ordered 4/1/22

Built 8/13/22

Shipped 11/5/22 - approximately 

As of today, it still has not arrived at the dealership. Any day now...

Best of luck to you. I'm hopeful things are improving for special orders.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

Mine was shipped about 2 weeks ago. Confirmed with my dealer, then a week later I received an updated email from Ford stating it had shipped.

2022 Escape Hybrid SEL AWD

Technology package, panaromic roof

Hands free liftgate removal, but window sticker shows it does have Wi-Fi.

Ordered 4/1/22

Built 8/13/22

Shipped 11/5/22 - approximately 

As of today, it still has not arrived at the dealership. Any day now...

Best of luck to you. I'm hopeful things are improving for special orders.

Wow.  Wish we knew what causes some vehicles to show up at the dealer lot within a week of production, and others to sit at the factory for months.  Wonder if yours was on a chip or other parts hold.

Trying not to brag or anything, just really enjoy mine so far.

I am somewhat confused about the Ford email I just received. It says the shipment date has changed, and the new arrival date is between November 20th and the 26th. My dealer told me the vehicle actually shipped, so which is it? Is the transit just slow, or was my dealer wrong and telling me that it shipped earlier this month? Ford could do a much better job keeping its customers in the loop!

26 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

I am somewhat confused about the Ford email I just received. It says the shipment date has changed, and the new arrival date is between November 20th and the 26th. My dealer told me the vehicle actually shipped, so which is it? Is the transit just slow, or was my dealer wrong and telling me that it shipped earlier this month? Ford could do a much better job keeping its customers in the loop!

Why doesn’t matter.  All that matters is the new arrival date.

14 hours ago, MyGreatEscape said:

Yes, but I was given arrival dates back in September. Which then jumped all the way past October to November. I can't trust the estimate anymore. And I'm tired of trusting Ford at this point. 

My friend, you are NOT alone! I have my 2022 Ford Escape (1fmcu9h62nub48788) that was built 3 months ago (8-11-22) still not shipped as of today! They simply push out the "arrival date" every couple weeks for the past 90 days. Dealer was told by Ford that there is "so much going on... its impossible to determine why it's delayed! " It is what it is!

On 11/15/2022 at 6:42 PM, MyGreatEscape said:

Yes, but I was given arrival dates back in September. Which then jumped all the way past October to November. I can't trust the estimate anymore. And I'm tired of trusting Ford at this point. 

I get the feeling this is similar to when you order something online, they print a shipping label (letting the carrier know it’s coming) and proudly email you that your order has “shipped” even if it never left the facility. The system then pushes your delivery estimate a predetermined amount of time whenever it’s clear they blew the previous one. 

10 hours ago, le engineer said:

I get the feeling this is similar to when you order something online, they print a shipping label (letting the carrier know it’s coming) and proudly email you that your order has “shipped” even if it never left the facility. The system then pushes your delivery estimate a predetermined amount of time whenever it’s clear they blew the previous one. 

Yes and no.  Shipped more so means that it was released to the courier which may be by rail or by truck.  However, unlike a parcel delivery service, there are not scheduled daily routes and your package generally goes out right away catching the next truck.  Instead, it ends up waiting for a truck or rail car for a variable amount of time.  If by rail, it may end up repeating that wait multiple times along the way as it switches rail cars, etc.

Does anybody know if the ship date in the tracker should have a date? Mine has been stuck in the shipped status for some time, but the date has never populated. I still have an expected delivery between the 20th and the 26th this month, per the last email from Ford. But, because there is no date shown by the word shipped, I'm questioning whether it actually did get shipped.

Screenshot_20221122-120210.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 10:44 AM, MyGreatEscape said:

Does anybody know if the ship date in the tracker should have a date? Mine has been stuck in the shipped status for some time, but the date has never populated. I still have an expected delivery between the 20th and the 26th this month, per the last email from Ford. But, because there is no date shown by the word shipped, I'm questioning whether it actually did get shipped.

Mine never showed a date. It just switched from shipped to “final prep” when delivered to my dealer. 

Escape Titanium

Ordered 8/8/22

In production 11/14/22

Built 11/14/22

Marked “in transit” a few days after built status

Final Prep @ Dealer 11/30

When you go to ordertrack.app, does it mark you as rail/convoy, or does it say no shipping data available?

Edited by le engineer

Thank you. I got a call from my dealer yesterday as soon as it arrived. We met today to take possession and trade in the 2021 model. The tracker did switch last night to reflect that it was in final preparation. What a wait this has been. I get that it's a trying year, but I can see where Ford might want to improve their custom order process with a few tweaks. Congratulations on your vehicle!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

Thank you. I got a call from my dealer yesterday as soon as it arrived. We met today to take possession and trade in the 2021 model. The tracker did switch last night to reflect that it was in final preparation. What a wait this has been. I get that it's a trying year, but I can see where Ford might want to improve their custom order process with a few tweaks. Congratulations on your vehicle!

Thanks, same to you!

2 hours ago, MyGreatEscape said:

Hope it was worth the wait!

It is definitely worth the wait. The hybrid is much louder than the non-hybrid version I traded in. Quite a difference. The all-wheel drive gives it a different feel than the front wheel drive I used to have. But the non-hybrid drives like a family car. My new hybrid feels more tough, which is what I wanted. If I have issues later, I'll post to the Escape forum. 

PS. My car was built on August the 13th. It has a noticeable lack of the new car smell. That caught me off guard and is disappointing...but not too much. I am very thankful today.

1 hour ago, MyGreatEscape said:

PS. My car was built on August the 13th. It has a noticeable lack of the new car smell. That caught me off guard and is disappointing...but not too much. I am very thankful today.

Yep.  Picked up mine within a few weeks of production and there was no overwhelming "new car smell", either.  There's a very slight one but only if you're looking for it.